Best counter?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best counter?

i playing a flashpoint at the moment it is day 41 or so and i have conquered most countries like ukraine,france,poland, and more countries along with all the small ones.
      but i russia declared war and has a good military to fight with. thing is i could probably easly take him out ground forces wise but air to air not so much. he has a 5 stack of bombers heading towards my cities (not homeland ones) i wanna know the best counter to this. is is only straight bombers
    • Gurp2819 wrote:

i playing a flashpoint at the moment it is day 41 or so and i have conquered most countries like ukraine,france,poland, and more countries along with all the small ones.
      but i russia declared war and has a good military to fight with. thing is i could probably easly take him out ground forces wise but air to air not so much. he has a 5 stack of bombers heading towards my cities (not homeland ones) i wanna know the best counter to this. is is only straight bombers
      sam is good at that
      I may or may not exist
    • KFGauss wrote:

ASFs!

They are fast, agile, and will chase the bombers, instead of having to wait for the Bombers to come to them.

Once the Bombers are gone the ASFs can do other useful things.
      Start
      If the bombers come when you're inactive or asleep, though, SAM Launchers are better. They also have a larger radius.

However, Air Superiority Fighters are the best if you can manage to hit the bombers with them. They are also probably easier than SAM Launchers to mobilise.

To elaborate:

Air Superiority Fighters are much better at mobile defence and can also go on offence if need be. They can take out the Bombers even without them coming to bomb, and if you can patrol the Air Superiority Fighters around where the Bombers are attacking or coming from, even better.

SAM Launchers are good for mobile air defence and can easily be integrated into ground stacks. They can easily defend and move passively at the same time, unlike Air Superiority Fighters, which move much too fast and cannot be set to move at the same pace as a ground stack. SAM Launchers can also stay in province and city centers.

SAM Launchers also have complicated Anti-Air mechanics that you probably don't understand that allow them to strike aircraft targeting them up to 3 times if the enemy is not careful.

SUMMARY:

Air Superiority Fighters are the simplest and likely easiest solution and are also versatile for eliminating other enemy aircraft in the future.
      They are more valuable in short-term warfare and offence as well as being very mobile.

SAM Launchers can be utilised at any point in the game after mobilisation to defend your cities from air threats such as bombers.
      They are more valuable in long-term warfare and defence as well as being very able in supporting ground stacks.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Clock: Elaboration ().

• Gurp2819 wrote:

SAMs or ASF

Here's why

ASF - Allow for you to chase him down while they are taking the long way home and back. Will allow you to kill em off easily and then provide air dominance to you.

SAMs - Allow for your troops to be safe while sleeping and advancing.

Or if you have enough RSS then you can build both :D
    • Clock wrote:

. . .

SUMMARY:

Air Superiority Fighters are the simplest and likely easiest solution and are also versatile for eliminating other enemy aircraft in the future.
      They are more valuable in short-term warfare and offence as well as being very mobile.

SAM Launchers can be utilised at any point in the game after mobilisation to defend your cities from air threats such as bombers.
      They are more valuable in long-term warfare and defence as well as being very able in supporting ground stacks.

Understood - If I'm ever in a (public) game that lasts long enough and if in that (public) game I'm facing the right sort of opponent, I'll surely invest research and production into supplementing my patrolling ASFs with some SAMs.

PS: When I have a game active, I do a lot of sleeping with one eye open (It's rough on me, and I realize plenty of people don't have lives (or motivations) that allow them to do the same). That's one thing that has kept my game count absurdly low so far.
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

Gurp2819 wrote:

SAMs or ASF
      Here's why

ASF - Allow for you to chase him down while they are taking the long way home and back. Will allow you to kill em off easily and then provide air dominance to you.

SAMs - Allow for your troops to be safe while sleeping and advancing.

Or if you have enough RSS then you can build both :D
      just dont sleep
      I may or may not exist
    • In WW3 this happened to me too. I was Ukraine then took Serbia, Turkey, Romania, Belarus, and quite a bit of Russia when China who had taken the other part of Russia declared war and then started bombing me. Luckily I had a Modern Air Superiority so I used them to chase the bombers away. He started using Air superiority too so I positioned SAMs and AA at my borders and they took his airforce out pretty fast. Allowing me to counter-attack with air dominance.
      You fight me and take me down, but you die with us.

Putin, sit at negotiating table with me. I don’t bite.
      Volodymyr Zelensky