Strength to Damage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Strength to Damage

I've been noticing that a 30 strength bombardment to 1 group of infantry has done 8 damage, a 40/20 strength cruise missile attack against AA and infantry do just a quarter of its strength in damage. So, i've been wondering how exactly the stat card's strength translates to damage? There's no damage reflection stat on the stat card, so would it be safe to say it'll do damage in about a quarter of its strength? There's been a lack of information out there so I thought i'd ask how exactly it works.
    • I will try to answer though your question is somewhat vague - we do not have a strength stat in CON and the only place it is still mentioned is in estimated strength of unit.
      Assuming you mean Attack (formerly Strength in COW) this value is essentially the amount of chances to inflict damage including a random factor and further modifiers if applicable.
      One such that immediately comes to mind is the entrenchment bonus which actually is an attack debuff/neg. modifier reducing the attackers chances to inflict damage. Another would be the terrain bonus/debuff.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf