Your Russian In game Perspective?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Noobs generally pick big countries and dont know how to use them.

In world maps think may have crazy 8 or 10 cities; but as one said that one by n korea is useless and could easily be taken out by NK; SK; china or Japan. And in total thing Russia borders 13 countries IRL with vast areas/slow movement to defend.

Even if just focus on europe have on day 1 worry about Finland; baltic states; ukraine; any of these countries should immediately be allies and take out russia before they get steaming.

Central Asia have to content with kazikstan; mongoilia; China; maybe turkenstan; Turkey.

china faces similiar issues as takes days to transverse by land. City by myanmar is days away from support (myanmar can easily take). 2 southern coast cities easy targets by Philippine/japan. cities in north have same issue as russia facing possible turkenstan; kazikstan; mongolia; russia. Beijing exposed to NK/SK/Japan.

USA at least you have oceans to help defend from immediate attack. But need to align with 1 of mexico; cuba; canada. But a mex/can coalition makes sense to 2 v 1 USA if USA/Can coalition if im canada I have to travel past USA for territory. Mex/Cuba alliance can 2 v 1 USA. Basically none of those 3 countries really benefit from USA alliance.

In general if playing one of big boys that are spread out defiantly need airbases in almost every city for troop movement and backup to defend. Else backup comes 2 - 3 days later ;(

Best Bigger Countries (not mega size but big enough and can succeed without neighbor allies pretty easy):

1. Japan (Koreas only immediate threat but they usually fight each other than you go over and whoop the winner ;) )
      2. Australia (n Zealand only immediate threat; Indonesia too spread out and may attack but they have to worry about phili; myanmar; thailand; vietnam too)
      3. India (Pakistan only immediate threat as mtns protect north and west)

4. Brazil (rainforest protects but may have to deal with Venezuela north; Argentina south; chili/peru to west. so depends on allies)

People say Turkey but its a smaller Russia situation. Mtns in whole damn country takes forever; deal with Greece; bulgaria; romania in west. syria; iraq; iran in south/east. Russia; Ukraine in North.

Indonesia in theory could be good as has decent amount of cities; but like defending 3 or 4 island countries at once. (have Aussie in south; phili /japan in east; myanmar; thailand; vietnam - North with alot of ocean paths to defend.

France; Germany; Italy all good size but depending on alliances enemies on all sides. Italy like an island with none of island advantages. France can be attacked by UK; Ireland; Spain; Germany; Italy; N Africa. Germany has 3 nordic countries to north; poland to east; France to West
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Noobs generally pick big countries and dont know how to use them.

In world maps think may have crazy 8 or 10 cities; but as one said that one by n korea is useless and could easily be taken out by NK; SK; china or Japan. And in total thing Russia borders 13 countries IRL with vast areas/slow movement to defend.

Even if just focus on europe have on day 1 worry about Finland; baltic states; ukraine; any of these countries should immediately be allies and take out russia before they get steaming.

Central Asia have to content with kazikstan; mongoilia; China; maybe turkenstan; Turkey.

china faces similiar issues as takes days to transverse by land. City by myanmar is days away from support (myanmar can easily take). 2 southern coast cities easy targets by Philippine/japan. cities in north have same issue as russia facing possible turkenstan; kazikstan; mongolia; russia. Beijing exposed to NK/SK/Japan.

USA at least you have oceans to help defend from immediate attack. But need to align with 1 of mexico; cuba; canada. But a mex/can coalition makes sense to 2 v 1 USA if USA/Can coalition if im canada I have to travel past USA for territory. Mex/Cuba alliance can 2 v 1 USA. Basically none of those 3 countries really benefit from USA alliance.

In general if playing one of big boys that are spread out defiantly need airbases in almost every city for troop movement and backup to defend. Else backup comes 2 - 3 days later ;(

Best Bigger Countries (not mega size but big enough and can succeed without neighbor allies pretty easy):

1. Japan (Koreas only immediate threat but they usually fight each other than you go over and whoop the winner ;) )
      2. Australia (n Zealand only immediate threat; Indonesia too spread out and may attack but they have to worry about phili; myanmar; thailand; vietnam too)
      3. India (Pakistan only immediate threat as mtns protect north and west)

4. Brazil (rainforest protects but may have to deal with Venezuela north; Argentina south; chili/peru to west. so depends on allies)

People say Turkey but its a smaller Russia situation. Mtns in whole damn country takes forever; deal with Greece; bulgaria; romania in west. syria; iraq; iran in south/east. Russia; Ukraine in North.

Indonesia in theory could be good as has decent amount of cities; but like defending 3 or 4 island countries at once. (have Aussie in south; phili /japan in east; myanmar; thailand; vietnam - North with alot of ocean paths to defend.

France; Germany; Italy all good size but depending on alliances enemies on all sides. Italy like an island with none of island advantages. France can be attacked by UK; Ireland; Spain; Germany; Italy; N Africa. Germany has 3 nordic countries to north; poland to east; France to West
      could barely read this, andi was banned for reason
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Hmm, many great responses. Especially @Opulon & @kurtvonstein.

In those above mentioned analyses, the eastern Russian cities / territories are the fat to the meat of the country, as in can be trimmed / lost so to speak.

I am curious, @Opulon & @kurtvonstein depending on the game situation, would it make sense to build an airfield in eastern side of Russia either for quicker transport of ground units to the west or conversely if the eastern Russian territory is not lost due to the strategic isolation advantage Asian countries capitalize upon, for later use either for defense or an eastern Asian invasion depending on Asian activity?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

In flashpoint, I have played as USA, Algeria & recently as Syria, because they all share a boarder with the edge of the map. Croatia was my first FP game I was thrust into as a newbie player. Talk about being thrown into water and being told to swim.

Russia in FP has the edge of the map, many cities, thus resources and those ghastly large, slow terrain, territories. Russia unlike the USA is closer to more of the action for the most part. Although the USA is a large country that borders a map edge, I did not enjoy playing as the USA. After Cuba & Canada are taken, the large country logistics and isolation from the rest of the map were a large part of my unenjoyment.

However, I am itching to play a European doctrine country. Looks like the UK has two component cities out of a total of six, and some isolation from the continent of Europe at least in the start of the game.

Everything can work, so what you propose is certainly workable. It's just "not optimised" as per the country DNA, and i classify it into the "personal challenge" ways of playing, on the same level than "I will play Tchad and become a naval superpower". Overcoming the obstacles is the fun part.

In the same way, playing Russia as a Asia-centric nation while it's physically in Europe is probably fun, and could be enjoyable if Europe is active. It also would force you to use a different set of units, that you would choose less because of their military prowess, and more because of their capacity to mobilise quickly from your West to the East.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • simple and easy did u get in the best asain coalition?
      Yes? oh god it is an easy game defend ports and prepare for a full european invasion!
      No ? that's tricky u need to defend a lot of cities u need a lot of airports u will probably not get rolling on attacks

I played a lot of russia and the key is airports

what should u do
      1- sell a lot of fuel early spamming guys will buy it and u have good production (this might delay some buildings but usually not)
      2- ngs in most cities no point in other infantry really u won't use inf for attack with russia at least in my experience
      3- asf is universally accepted as the best con game more for russia tbh as it is hard to defend air space with ground units in such a large area
      4- buy rares from market and always but offers for them search the market for any cheap resources and buy
      5- investing on arms industry might be trouble some with how much cities u have focus on the rare city and moscow u might not even upgrade it to level 1 in fuel city (if u don't need it for unit production) u don't need the fuel production early
      6- best allies are china ( a power house) and japan (usually one of the best navies in game witch in a coordinated can make u neglect navy completely and focus on europe)
      7- choppers over artillery as large provinces make it harder for ground units (also harder to run and might get run over)
      8- if u flood with fuel (probably if u don't sell) think of building a lot of bunkers for production

over all a very good fun to play country that needs a hell lot of activity
    • well usually the first thing i see in a game is the coalition russia,china, USA.
      Needless to say that i have hardly encountered a player mastering those countries against the evil honeybagder...

But even if you loose ypur asian cities...it doesnt matter cause the inportant resources are in europe...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • deathfromabove wrote:

simple and easy did u get in the best asain coalition?
      Yes? oh god it is an easy game defend ports and prepare for a full european invasion!
      No ? that's tricky u need to defend a lot of cities u need a lot of airports u will probably not get rolling on attacks

I played a lot of russia and the key is airports

what should u do
      1- sell a lot of fuel early spamming guys will buy it and u have good production (this might delay some buildings but usually not)
      2- ngs in most cities no point in other infantry really u won't use inf for attack with russia at least in my experience
      3- asf is universally accepted as the best con game more for russia tbh as it is hard to defend air space with ground units in such a large area
      4- buy rares from market and always but offers for them search the market for any cheap resources and buy
      5- investing on arms industry might be trouble some with how much cities u have focus on the rare city and moscow u might not even upgrade it to level 1 in fuel city (if u don't need it for unit production) u don't need the fuel production early
      6- best allies are china ( a power house) and japan (usually one of the best navies in game witch in a coordinated can make u neglect navy completely and focus on europe)
      7- choppers over artillery as large provinces make it harder for ground units (also harder to run and might get run over)
      8- if u flood with fuel (probably if u don't sell) think of building a lot of bunkers for production

over all a very good fun to play country that needs a hell lot of activity
      Why do you want Japan as ally if you're fighting in Europe?
      His navy will come to help you in your next game :rolleyes:
      China is ok to be safe from there but you need at least one ally in Europe or north Africa imo.
    • deathfromabove wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Why do you want Japan as ally if you're fighting in Europe?His navy will come to help you in your next game :rolleyes:
      China is ok to be safe from there but you need at least one ally in Europe or north Africa imo.
      as long as I remember navy was by no means essential in Europe I need him to defend my Asian cities
      Screw that .. If a coal partner cant defend his own area I have no use for that player and would just take his cities myself ;) Why dont you just create Navy 2 in that asian city and spam 4 or 5 corvettes. Why should japan waste his resources protecting you?

But I operate my coalitions as independent countries working towards a goal. Dont like intermingling areas or guys "hey can I come get some of that area"....ahhh no unless you want to get kicked. Now once clear out our continent and comes to fighting another continental coalition than sure need to fight together; but till then you are on your own as Im not coming to the rescue everytime some lazy partner gets attacked.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Screw that .. If a coal partner cant defend his own area I have no use for that player and would just take his cities myself ;) Why dont you just create Navy 2 in that asian city and spam 4 or 5 corvettes. Why should japan waste his resources protecting you?
      But I operate my coalitions as independent countries working towards a goal. Dont like intermingling areas or guys "hey can I come get some of that area"....ahhh no unless you want to get kicked. Now once clear out our continent and comes to fighting another continental coalition than sure need to fight together; but till then you are on your own as Im not coming to the rescue everytime some lazy partner gets attacked.
      he is protecting himself and I happen to be near him so no resources wasted I wouldn't even tell him to protect me
      also what about the covves why would i build them?
    • Dont underestimate the powet of a corvette in early game.
      @Buckeyechamp I totally agree with you. I hunt my own food. I dont need a loser flying in his looters as soon as i have killed all of the Resistance.

I hardly do coalitions anymore. They have nothing to offer to me. Its like this: day 9. I have 30 cities and a guy with 10 Cities comes and asks if he can join my coalition...
      NO. Because you want me to do all the dirty work and then grab some victory points.

I have a good buddy. Lordwaldefart. I do games with him. It only takes 2 honeybagder to rule the world.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • I didn't mean the first 2~3 days I mean I want to totally ignore navy +why covves u can go for frigates with 8 hours loss

I always enter games on like 11 :50 m get to research both if I'm going navy instantly I get to build it a couple of hours late but that's it (24 hours of research - navy 1 built time - morale modifier) = time loss for first naval unit still pretty fine and I get a frigate!