Your Russian In game Perspective?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• deathfromabove wrote:

or have an ally who have navy and close to you
      And If I'm Japan; exactly what value would you bring to me? Like I said would just be easier to take your asian territory; only thing saving you is wouldnt want to match 7 days across asia to finish you ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • deathfromabove wrote:

why wouldn't u I mean most auto think of alliance not solo play and russia is a good ally
      back to the game today I will check how things are done these days
      My experience players that choose Russia; China and USA are generally noobs and some of the worst players.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Without including me into the best players list - at least as longs as I have not had the chance to mess my power with high class players such @Dealer of Death or @Buckeyechamp - just to.mention a random selection from.my bucket list.
      Here is what i prefer(for an easy win)
      1. Landlocked (enough time to see enemies advancing and possibility to block advancing armies with defensive counter moves
      2. Close to many cities you can loot within a short range such as balcan region or middle east( depending on map)
      3. 6 or better 7 homeland cities.
      4. Easter doctrines to benefit my helicopter style
      5. Homeland cities close to each other so you can build a sufficient anti missle, anti air defense.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Bigtallnerd419 wrote:

Which countries do the best players choose?
      Countries you can defend by yourself. Beginners tend to go for the super powers but very hard to defend and dont know how to play them.

1. Landlocked (enough time to see enemies advancing and possibility to block advancing armies with defensive counter moves ( hate land locked countries but each their own; one less type to defend. but not sure how you hop continents without navy??)
      2. Close to many cities you can loot within a short range such as balcan region or middle east( depending on map) agree
      3. 6 or better 7 homeland cities. (Size dont matter as grow my economy via conquest; Can start 5 cities and by day 9 generally top economy. Japan is nice with 7 cities but still Electronics bottleneck me.)
      4. Easter doctrines to benefit my helicopter style (barely look at docterine)
      5. Homeland cities close to each other so you can build a sufficient anti missle, anti air defense. (This is big and consolidated countries like japan; cuba; myanmar; syria etc I like as efficient to defend and concentration of troops if needed).

But in general I pick countries based on strategic location and tend to favor Asia/Pacific. And must be phycological but usally start either SE corner or NW corner of maps ;) Guess should try out a Nordic country but cold and dark. Avoid central Europe like the plague.

Best Small Countries have won with:
      1. Myanmar (2) (checks off #5 above plus natural defense of mtns to back and bay easy to patrol/defend.
      2. New Zealand (1) - outside Australia no one will mess with you early on and Navy a must.
      3. Syria (2) on Flashpoint - 5 close cities in corner of map. Turkey only immediate threat and even then I can put my 5 cities against his closet two; Turkey is terrible/slow like 1 giant mtn.
      4. Algeria (2) on Flashpoint (checks off #2 above as can take 2 auto nations day 1 and left with a giant island and bottom of map)
      5. Nicaragua (1) on BGUSA- Have all kind of expansion early in Central America then almost an island. Also won with this on Rising tides(1).
      6. British Columbia (1) BGUSA - NW corner of map - no immediate threats once take out Washington. Once Calif down can bottleneck whole west coast with 1 navy stack defense off San diego.
      7. UK (1) - Not sure that great but did get to re-enact D-day invasion and wipe out Germany from occupied France! (well my plan was better as came across channel and also hit from west) Too close to too many threats to be good IMOH.
      8. Morocco (1) on Blood and Oil - start on West side of map and work east. Went big on AFVs in dessert.

Best Mid Countries have won with:
      1. Ethiopia (1) actually pretty good as corner of continent and decent defense / expansion opportunities (actually love it on mideast map; but think would be good in general). Played a 2nd time got 2nd place to a guy burning gold and auto healing; spinning up 5 ships at once non stop
      2. Japan (1 and playing a 2nd) is ideal and edge of md/large. location/location/location; good resources and suits strong Navy.
      3. Australia (2 Rising Tides and apocolypse)- Big enough and isolated a strong navy keeps out the wolves.
      4. India on Mideast (1) - Not huge on this map but allows for navy defense; start in SE corner of map
      5. Cuba (2) - Like a smaller Japan

won with Iran (which may meet kurts Criteria better; I just played to see if could win with missiles only offense and chose for isolation)

Missing a few wins (23 and only have 20 accounted for ;( )

Games not won:
      1. Baltic states - was first game clueless and quit
      2. Ethiopia on Mideast - Golder was auto healing non stop but still #2
      3. Think Myanmar on WW3 - ended up #2 overall and let #1 end game without a battle after long game to avoid each of our coalition partners getting killed as we all got along. We talked about forming 2 man to end as we were both close to 2k.
      4. Kazakhstan - Auto selected on R v B and only time land locked which was ok; but quit when 95 pct of team went vacant and wont play map again unless drastic changes.

The post was edited 4 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• i hate navy...cause it ruins my battle statistic. Navy is disposable one use weapon. If you have an opponent with same range and you manage to be smart enough to restack and safe the ships you still end up with a huge graveyard of 20% hitpoint left vessels...
      They will heal in shallow water in lets say 20-40 days...

With land units I heal at 6 hp/day...airunits even 12-18...beat this on a economoical scale.

I have no need to change continents...europe, africa and asia are enough...

America sucks in terms of land mass to ressources ration...;) add Amazonas jungle and canadian tundra to the equation...i rather take a nice bite from a middle east steak...

I once did Australia...hell what a suffering for expansion...reinforcements take 24h just to reach india...

You never manage to be on top of economie with a 5 homeland country if one of the big countries is played by an at least half way smart player. Supply lets you not research...and you can build somehiw 1 ship per day...or a building ;)
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• kurtvonstein wrote:

i hate navy...cause it ruins my battle statistic. Navy is disposable one use weapon. If you have an opponent with same range and you manage to be smart enough to restack and safe the ships you still end up with a huge graveyard of 20% hitpoint left vessels...

With land units I heal at 6 hp/day...airunits even 12-18...beat this on a economoical scale.

America sucks in terms of land mass to ressources ration...;) add Amazonas jungle and canadian tundra to the equation...i rather take a nice bite from a middle east steak...

I once did Australia...hell what a suffering for expansion...reinforcements take 24h just to reach india...

You never manage to be on top of economie with a 5 homeland country if one of the big countries is played by an at least half way smart player. Supply lets you not research...and you can build somehiw 1 ship per day...or a building ;)
      agree least margin of error .. but navy takes most skill in game. Fuck I love me a huge naval battle... still not point/lock engaging. not like air we .....dont have to go back 2 hrs and see if can meet up again.

Im 4 - 1 against live and would bet I lost most first 6 games case in point I'm only 12 -5 in ai like how did i lose those 5 except stupid... cant remember last time i lost a ship. well a couple games ago brazil and peru 2 v 1 me for 4 days and sure lost some but sunk way more than lost till hey gave up.

• kurtvonstein wrote:

i hate navy...cause it ruins my battle statistic. Navy is disposable one use weapon. If you have an opponent with same range and you manage to be smart enough to restack and safe the ships you still end up with a huge graveyard of 20% hitpoint left vessels...

This really is (in my opinion) one of the strategic holes of the game balance. There is no way to repair/fix at a reasonable rate the ships.

I would even find "good" to have some sub-missile type that are dedicated anti-ship, if there was a way to say "ok, i got bruised pretty badly, back to the shipyard for 2 days of repairs"
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Without including me into the best players list - at least as longs as I have not had the chance to mess my power with high class players such @Dealer of Death or @Buckeyechamp - just to.mention a random selection from.my bucket list.
      Here is what i prefer(for an easy win)
      1. Landlocked (enough time to see enemies advancing and possibility to block advancing armies with defensive counter moves
      2. Close to many cities you can loot within a short range such as balcan region or middle east( depending on map)
      3. 6 or better 7 homeland cities.
      4. Easter doctrines to benefit my helicopter style
      5. Homeland cities close to each other so you can build a sufficient anti missle, anti air defense.
      I'm pretty sure you are a better player than I. I gleaned this from all of your interactions, demonstrated knowledge and innovation. But I'm probably not too far off. I have eerily similar stats to Buckeye, despite his more SF and my more ASF based play. If I had the time I had in 2020, I'm sure I could give you a run for your money, but otherwise I think you'd likely win, especially if it were (yecch)4X
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Opulon wrote:

Inside this blue area, you have 80% of the Russian IG economy (90% if we consider fuel to be a bit inferior in mid)
      This is russia in my books. In the east, i have " the great ice wall of Russia ", that ensures 2 days of early warning from Orient invaders.
      All this is, in my opinion, the biggest shortcoming of most inexperienced players toward to Russia, that ties to a primitive and illogical philosophy that territory is like sacred ground : you don't give an inch of it, whatever happens.

Usually, more veteran players see land as just yet another currency they can gain/spend
      daikdawjidaji.JPG
      It looks like that area that is exposed to oriental threats is a lot more important now after recent changes to the cities.