Down With "Ma Realism" Suggestions, Up With The FUN Suggestions!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Down With "Ma Realism" Suggestions, Up With The FUN Suggestions!

Been seeing a lot of suggestions trying to appeal to the very vocal "Ma Realism" minority. But the fact is, CoN is a game, and games are meant to be fun. Fun, to the point of, "Hmmm this isn't fun enough, let's go play something MORE fun". Adding tedious mechanics to the game simply because they are more realistic is counterproductive. They LESSEN the fun and drive the bulk of players away.

Don't give me dealing with fuel consumption issues, give me giant kaiju monsters and equally giant battle robots to fight them (at least in a event map). Don't give me the growing, packaging and shipping of food game, give me the military armed satellites game. Don't give me "your troops are now at 0.76 speed as they have run out of boots and socks", give me "Your super-soldier serum research is now complete"

Join me, let those who want realism, go join the military and get some real realism, I already did my stint, now, GIVE ME THE FUN!!!!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I do agree some new, futuristic units, like military satellites, mobile battle robots, or huge Marvel style warships, but realism is a key part of a fun game. If you think about 1st or 3rd person shooting games, it is all about the realism, and high quality graphics. Con I guess indifferent, but we still have to keep it realistic to a worldly possible level, other wise it turns into some other game
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Been seeing a lot of suggestions trying to appeal to the very vocal "Ma Realism" minority. But the fact is, CoN is a game, and games are meant to be fun. Fun, to the point of, "Hmmm this isn't fun enough, let's go play something MORE fun". Adding tedious mechanics to the game simply because they are more realistic is counterproductive. They LESSEN the fun and drive the bulk of players away.

Don't give me dealing with fuel consumption issues, give me giant kaiju monsters and equally giant battle robots to fight them (at least in a event map). Don't give me the growing, packaging and shipping of food game, give me the military armed satellites game. Don't give me "your troops are now at 0.76 speed as they have run out of boots and socks", give me "Your super-soldier serum research is now complete"

Join me, let those who want realism, go join the military and get some real realism, I already did my stint, now, GIVE ME THE FUN!!!!

Time to get the big guns. Boys get the Tsar Bomba

If that's not enough lets bring in that Alien we stuffed in the white van yesterday
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Time to get the big guns. Boys get the Tsar Bomba

If that's not enough lets bring in that Alien we stuffed in the white van yesterday
      i want alien gamemode!

i think thats a thread already but still
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • TheShinwacker wrote:

I do agree some new, futuristic units, like military satellites, mobile battle robots, or huge Marvel style warships, but realism is a key part of a fun game. If you think about 1st or 3rd person shooting games, it is all about the realism, and high quality graphics. Con I guess indifferent, but we still have to keep it realistic to a worldly possible level, other wise it turns into some other game
      Think about it, we already have a Zombie Special Event Map, why not a Kaiju vs Giant Robots Special Event Map?
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Hydralysk wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

GIVE ME THE FUN!!!!
      You want fun without realism?
      I got a copy of Warhammer 40K I can let you have cheap.

No, I just don't want more realism at the cost of less fun.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

finally someone manifests it. Hope this is aimed at the guy who proposed a tanker aircraft or having to go to a city to upgrade your units. Agains devs, add orbital strikes and ufos for season 8
      “I hate 4x” -me
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Killiam07 wrote:

Agains devs, add orbital strikes and ufos for season 8
      You forgot mutants, mind control, and unicorns.

Mutants ... OK, Mind Control, ... hmmm taking over enemy units, sure, sign me up, Unicorns, ... No farging way, it stinks of non WW3 tech, go put your unicorns in Supremacy
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Air Warfare Upgrades:

I would also like some added maneuverability of planes for more dog fight scenario instead of A to B.

1. upgraded planes get AMRAAM missiles (make them faster than planes which is silly now cruise missiles slower than planes; but can be avoided with flares or evade/outrun). Why in game have SAMS; Ship to land; Land to ship; Air to land; air to Ship; ground to ground missiles but no air to air missiles (which is what modern planes fight with).

2. Right now Planes are boring compared to what can be. Naval battles pretty good as allow to move but still engaged in combat area. I get if engage ground RTB to rearm, but if air to air let it play out in combat with out RTB unless opponent bugs out and out of range.

3. Biggest pet peave is one plane the same speed as another can hunt/track down a fleeing opponent; if locked on attack when in radar range. This is unrealistic as plane a could never catch plane b; but in game you can be like 10 min away and even though opponent is running you can catch them via attack. And I have killed way more than have killed me this way; so not complaining as hurts me. its just silly.

4. Add Rush aka afterburners; as IRL if ground troops under attack would go supersonic to defend. You can rush every other unit in game.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

4. Add Rush aka afterburners; as IRL if ground troops under attack would go supersonic to defend. You can rush every other unit in game.
      As I understand it, using afterburners is a real fuel hog.
      As an example at full throttle, an F-16 with maximum external fuel stores has about 20 minutes until it’s on emergency reserves which would only last an extra minute or so at full afterburner.

So although the game has no fuel limits (evidently units can marry up with gas tankers while in combat), there should be a SEVERE penalty for using afterburner.

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

Killiam07 wrote:

Mutants ... OK, Mind Control, ... hmmm taking over enemy units, sure, sign me up, Unicorns, ... No farging way, it stinks of non WW3 tech, go put your unicorns in Supremacy
      that was... disturbing.
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Anna Jija wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

Killiam07 wrote:

that was... disturbing.
      somewhat
      I may or may not exist