Territorial Waters

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well technically that's basically possible besides the auto attack to anyone entering your waters! If you mobilize some ships and then set them around your homeland then they can act as a defense against your enemies (people you've already declared war on). Unfortunately your unable to set it to attack anyone in range. (Unless that's an SC benefit I forgot bout).

Here are my thoughts on your idea. If you were to set it to auto attack anyone entering those waters yes it could stop a small scale invasion but then there's a chance that the person who tried to invade you allies would declare war and attack you as well. It's not 100% possible but there's that chance that you'll get into a huge coalition war that you may lose. Although I like the idea it could start accidental wars with people passing through, especially early game.

Final Decision | Good idea but needs more thinking applied to it. Like a safety factor in early game or something.
    • As far as the opposing coalition, 90% of the time of one invaded the others are soon to follow, it could also be a choice type thing where if you wanted to have no passage you could and if you wanted to let anyone come through you could as well. Just think it would be a good option to avoid the middle of the night attacks.

xXWolfXx wrote:

Well technically that's basically possible besides the auto attack to anyone entering your waters! If you mobilize some ships and then set them around your homeland then they can act as a defense against your enemies (people you've already declared war on). Unfortunately your unable to set it to attack anyone in range. (Unless that's an SC benefit I forgot bout).

Here are my thoughts on your idea. If you were to set it to auto attack anyone entering those waters yes it could stop a small scale invasion but then there's a chance that the person who tried to invade you allies would declare war and attack you as well. It's not 100% possible but there's that chance that you'll get into a huge coalition war that you may lose. Although I like the idea it could start accidental wars with people passing through, especially early game.

Final Decision | Good idea but needs more thinking applied to it. Like a safety factor in early game or something.

Well technically that's basically possible besides the auto attack to anyone entering your waters! If you mobilize some ships and then set them around your homeland then they can act as a defense against your enemies (people you've already declared war on). Unfortunately your unable to set it to attack anyone in range. (Unless that's an SC benefit I forgot bout).

to make it better, I could be only set in shallow waters, near your homeland
      “I hate 4x” -me
    • Killiam07 wrote:

xXWolfXx wrote:

to make it better, I could be only set in shallow waters, near your homeland
      yeah, would be weird if someone like us says african waters are theirs
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • 100 pct on board on this.. have said way too many times already.

or a fire on any non fiendly ship setting if sec council.

but damn some one enters your waters.. yes ship should fire.

But late in game im claiming like 2000 radius as my waters as at that point any ship coming that close to me has bad intentions and ships should fire.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

reread your post out loud and see if makes sense
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Zemunelo wrote:

I believe they can solve this problem easily by changing the way units disembark.
      Instead of disembarking in province/city with port, change it to only disembark in province/city without port.
      It's even more realistic and would give us more strategic/tactical gameplay.
      So in that case, what is the advantage of Marines, especially considering the infrastructure costs involved in creating them in the first place?

• Hydralysk wrote:

Allow the players to select a sea zone and declare that it is their territory.
      Anyone other than an ally entering that zone goes to a state of war with the claimant.

You could have multiple claims on a given zone, much like the real world.
      You know, the infamous 'nine dash line'.

Yes, this seems like the best suggestion so far on this thread to me. Would add realism (get out, DoD) and also help with this feature in general.
      Although in reality you couldn't actually detect it all just because it's in that zone, so if it isn't detected by Radar range or Sight range, this doesn't apply.

Zemunelo wrote:

I believe they can solve this problem easily by changing the way units disembark.
      Instead of disembarking in province/city with port, change it to only disembark in province/city without port.
      It's even more realistic and would give us more strategic/tactical gameplay.
      Not sure how this would work out, it might become a balancing act. It sounds good in theory, though.
    • Clock wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

Allow the players to select a sea zone and declare that it is their territory.
      Anyone other than an ally entering that zone goes to a state of war with the claimant.

You could have multiple claims on a given zone, much like the real world.
      You know, the infamous 'nine dash line'.

Yes, this seems like the best suggestion so far on this thread to me. Would add realism (get out, DoD) and also help with this feature in general.Although in reality you couldn't actually detect it all just because it's in that zone, so if it isn't detected by Radar range or Sight range, this doesn't apply.

Not sure how this would work out, it might become a balancing act. It sounds good in theory, though.
      Hey, I'm all for a territorial waters type mechanic, or even a security council option to fire on anything in range even if it starts a war. I only oppose realism changes when they funsuck the life out of the game or bog it down in mindless logistical hoops to jump thru at the expense of fun.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

xXWolfXx wrote:

reread your post out loud and see if makes sense
      100% English :thumbup:
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Obviously marines could disembark anywhere regardless of port.
      Okay, let me be a little more specific.Why buy Marines when plain 'ol regular infantry can do the same?
      Or are you saying that regular ground units CANNOT embark/disembark in a port?

Exactly that. NO DISEMBARKING in port (except special unit eg. marines) .
      It's not realistic because no naval invasion would go directly in port. To many casualties. But regardless of reality, in game play we all agree its not fun at all.
      You have some protection and time to react on ground. You can organize your defense if sneak attacked on ground. On port city there's no time. You have or you don't have units. No time to react.

But if we can't disembark on city/province with port everything will change. There's whole new strategy when someone wants to naval invade. He needs to take at least one more province before city. He can still use naval power to bomb the city. But needs more time and defender can organize defense. Eg. can use arty in inland provinces or try to block outside city before defending the city.
      Anyway at least he can have similar time to react like when land invasion occurs.

The best thing is, they don't have to create new maps or change code. It's boolean true/false. Just change one "if" for disembarking in code.