Has the dogfight issue been addressed?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Has the dogfight issue been addressed?

There used to be an issue where if you have a plane flying from A to B, and your enemy tells another plane to attack him, the attacking plane would still strike its target at location A, even if in the meantime your plane has moved on.

I hadn't noticed in a while but it looks like now there is a chase, and the attacking plane follows the path from A to B, and only strikes when it reaches its target. Is that my impression, or dogfighting has been fixed?

thanks, as always, :rolleyes:
      g
    • it follows well basically plots a intercept course and even though both same speed. attacking plane closes on defending plane which is an impossibility and although I kill many this way it is so silly.

If Im 8 min away and we are both traveling at 12 SP it might take 20 min but attacker will catch plane A slowly. Think this only applies if over my territory; I would lose contact if plane A is over enemy territory so basically gives planes over friendly territory major advantage (assuming you have greater fire power) but you have option to pursue invaders despite the violation of laws of physics.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

it follows well basically plots a intercept course and even though both same speed. attacking plane closes on defending plane which is an impossibility and although I kill many this way it is so silly.

If Im 8 min away and we are both traveling at 12 SP it might take 20 min but attacker will catch plane A slowly. Think this only applies if over my territory; I would lose contact if plane A is over enemy territory so basically gives planes over friendly territory major advantage (assuming you have greater fire power) but you have option to pursue invaders despite the violation of laws of physics.
      Nah, it works this way:
      You give attack order on enemy unit
      >your aircraft heads to the location of where the enemy was when you gave the order
      >once your aircraft reaches that point, it teleports to the actual current location of the enemy (tho you wont deal damage if its outside atk range)
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I'll believe my eyes over your sense of reality. Ive watched it track and if guy is attacking deep in your territory you can close quite the distance and its not a teleport...its a slow close and you can see your plane adjusting course to where other plane will be at time of attack. imagine in devs eyes its basically a defense bonus; but still doesnt track with game stats.

Now what you may see is bad game graphics when two planes are close as video will hop them back and forth visually but planes are still in their spot (look at the blue or red path marker). same thing happens if you have multiple of your own planes going on same path as the "appear" to hop around. Even when patrolling out plane "appears" several min ahead of where it actually is.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • I think you are both right.

When enemy is inbound to your territory, your plane will track and intercept as long as the enemy plane is still moving towards the interceptor; however, if the enemy plane is outbound/returning home, the teleport mechanic definitely holds sway.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD