Limited Order Execution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Limited Order Execution

Currently, players who can spend the most time with CON have a major advantage over those who have lives outside of the game.

The more time you can devote to being in the game, the more opportunities you have over those with limited access.

How about limiting the number of times during the day a player can have their orders executed?

Display Spoiler

In other words, divide the game day into four time blocks.
      For example, the first block starts at game midnight, and runs till 3 A.M. game time. The second block starts at 3 A.M. and runs till 6 A.M. This division continues till back at midnight.

During each block, the game executes the orders present at the start of that block time period. Orders that have not yet completed from the previous time block continue as appropriate.
      Players may add, delete, or change orders during a block but those new or modified orders do not take effect till the start of the following time block.
      Players can of course monitor the game as much as they want, but can only effect changes during a much limited time window.

With this system, players can take a nap, do the dishes, go to a meeting, or whatever, between time blocks, knowing that everyone else is in the same boat.

• maybe dont post on here and spend time on game. you seem here quite often??

So you want to be rewarded for being a lazy player?

316 posts in what under 30 day?? time to post 10 times per day here but cant log into game??

Just looked .. you have 3 whole games..lol

stats not that bad for noob. but have to ask how the heck did you lose 11 ships and only sunk 1. that's statistically highly improbable. what are you doing attacking stacks with 1 corvette?
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• "maybe dont post on here and spend time on game. you seem here quite often??"
      Well I appreciate the attempt to resolve the issue, misguided as it is.

"So you want to be rewarded for being a lazy player?"
      So you want to be rewarded for being a obsessive player?

"316 posts in what under 30 day?? time to post 10 times per day here but cant log into game??"
      You seem to be confused about the concept of multitasking.

"Just looked .. you have 3 whole games..lol"
      And we care, why?

"stats not that bad for noob. but have to ask how the heck did you lose 11 ships and only sunk 1. that's statistically highly improbable. what are you doing attacking stacks with 1 corvette?"
      And that has what, exactly, to do with the topic?
    • No.

First of all, this hinders your ability to defend from an attack, which is obviously terrible and makes a lot of gameplay useless (ASFs when?). If counterattacks can only be made once every 6 hours, that is terrible for you as the player being attacked. Say goodbye to your troops if they are being bombarded by SFs and your AA will only move in 6 hours.

Next, the game does not require much commitment at all, 10 mins to build/mobilise stuff a day if you aren't being aggressive, maybe more time if you are actually fighting a war.

Last but not least, @Buckeyechamp has a point, if you have the time to make 10 forum comments/posts a day you surely have the time to actually play the game.

Your proposed system will still reward more active players and actually hurts those who are less active by preventing the chance for defending against the attack, giving more power to those who launch a surprise attack and you not being able to do anything about it.
    • ahuman wrote:

Last but not least, @Buckeyechamp has a point, if you have the time to make 10 forum comments/posts a day you surely have the time to actually play the game.
      First, thank you for actually defining your objections to the proposed mechanic.

However, as noted in my earlier response, what has the amount of time I spend in the game have to do with the proposal?
      If I spend ten seconds, ten minutes, or ten hours each day playing, what difference does that make to the content of my suggestion?
    • Cuz your suggestion is based on activity?

Some of your posts seem like you're thick and argumentative, while others seem top-tier. It's quite strange, like bipolar.

I might just barely allow this, but as @ahuman said, counterattacks would be largely negated.

ASFs are a perfect example - what's the point of having active defense when you are forced into passivity for large enough portions of the day to make it pretty much useless?
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Clock wrote:

Cuz your suggestion is based on activity?
      Interesting.So you would judge my suggestion differently if I spent ten hours a day playing, rather than one minute a day?
      Yes. You would have more experience with the overintensive playstyle if you spent ten hours rather than one minute, and if you spent one minute, you would have more experience with having less time available to give orders. So, yes, I would judge your suggestion differently based on that factor.
      After all - you seem to be the only one suggesting this right now, at the very least only in this thread.
    • It absolutely blows my mind how many times I see this stupidity. Reward me for playing less, or penalize those who spend more time on the game.

Just another sad
      Dorado should tailor the game to me and my playstyle
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

maybe dont post on here and spend time on game. you seem here quite often??

So you want to be rewarded for being a lazy player?

316 posts in what under 30 day?? time to post 10 times per day here but cant log into game??

Just looked .. you have 3 whole games..lol

stats not that bad for noob. but have to ask how the heck did you lose 11 ships and only sunk 1. that's statistically highly improbable. what are you doing attacking stacks with 1 corvette?
      roasty toasty :whistling:
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Oh, as long as the game fits YOU and YOUR playstyle, screw improving it for others, eh?
      It doesn't work like that, the game already is, and wonderfully enjoyed by thousands without your ruining it for others.

I'm not suggesting ruinous spastic fun sucking changes, you are.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Hydralysk wrote:

First, thank you for actually defining your objections to the proposed mechanic.

However, as noted in my earlier response, what has the amount of time I spend in the game have to do with the proposal?
      If I spend ten seconds, ten minutes, or ten hours each day playing, what difference does that make to the content of my suggestion?
      If you can spend 10 hours straight on the game, you have serious problems and that completely negates the need for your proposal anyway. "Dorado should tailor the game to my needs only" isn't a great argument. This proposal will ruin the mechanics of the game and get rid of the fun factor just so you will be able to make 20 more forum posts in a day.
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Currently, players who can spend the most time with CON have a major advantage over those who have lives outside of the game.

The more time you can devote to being in the game, the more opportunities you have over those with limited access.

How about limiting the number of times during the day a player can have their orders executed?

Display Spoiler

In other words, divide the game day into four time blocks.
      For example, the first block starts at game midnight, and runs till 3 A.M. game time. The second block starts at 3 A.M. and runs till 6 A.M. This division continues till back at midnight.

During each block, the game executes the orders present at the start of that block time period. Orders that have not yet completed from the previous time block continue as appropriate.
      Players may add, delete, or change orders during a block but those new or modified orders do not take effect till the start of the following time block.
      Players can of course monitor the game as much as they want, but can only effect changes during a much limited time window.

With this system, players can take a nap, do the dishes, go to a meeting, or whatever, between time blocks, knowing that everyone else is in the same boat.

your psychological state seems to decrease over time, these suggestions are more and more out of this planet
      “I hate 4x” -me