Private Vanity Colors/Labels

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Private Vanity Colors/Labels

Let the player select:

1. The political color shading for their lands.
      Tired of the country being blue? Change it.
      It only shows up on that players' own display, all other players see the default value.

2. Whether conquered nation labels show up on their own display.
      If lands like Germany for instance, are no longer separate nations, then let those labels go away if the player no longer wants to see them.

3. The text label for their lands.
      That text only appears on their own display, all other players see the default value.
      If you want your country to be "The Empire of Booga-booga", so be it.
      At least as you see it. 8|

• Hydralysk wrote:

Let the player select:

It only shows up on that players' own display, all other players see the default value.

If lands like Germany for instance, are no longer separate nations, then let those labels go away if the player no longer wants to see them.

That text only appears on their own display, all other players see the default value.

seems like a good idea
      I may or may not exist
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Let the player select:

FINALLY a (mostly) GOOD Hydralysk suggestion(s)!

1. Yes, I hate having to play a green country

2. Yes, tho I suspect it's hard coded in, and would probably require a nice chunk of code to change

3. Meh, I don't see the point if only you can see it, but maybe this is one of your immersion things (still, it would be weird being "Narnia" and seeing "Germany" in the news. However, I don't oppose this, so sure.

Good job Hydralysk!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

3. Meh, I don't see the point if only you can see it, but maybe this is one of your immersion things (still, it would be weird being "Narnia" and seeing "Germany" in the news.
      Nope.
      If it is generated by the game itself, then you will not see 'Germany' if you call that land 'Narnia'.
      The other players will not see 'Narnia', but what do you care?
      It is your 'mursion, not theirs.

So only postings made by players that mention a country by name would show the default label.

• Hydralysk wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

3. Meh, I don't see the point if only you can see it, but maybe this is one of your immersion things (still, it would be weird being "Narnia" and seeing "Germany" in the news.
      Nope.If it is generated by the game itself, then you will not see 'Germany' if you call that land 'Narnia'.
      The other players will not see 'Narnia', but what do you care?
      It is your 'mursion, not theirs.

So only postings made by players that mention a country by name would show the default label.

No, Yeah, you'd see Narnia, but Germany would still be in the news.

Let me clarify: I don't think these (map names, news names) are tied together
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • And what if everyone chooses red? its designed to tell difference in countries in a region that's it... not a fashion show.

I'd just like non grey planes as they blend into most backgrounds and forget about it if its smoking over whole country.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

And what if everyone chooses red?
      So?

In that case, the only lands a player will see in a custom color are his own.
      All the other provinces in his display will be in the default color scheme.

If ALL the players choose the same color, then each will see their own territories in that color, while all the others will appear to them in the default color plan.
      If the player discovers that the chosen shade isn't what they want, then they can change it to another hue.
      It is not like the change is anything that any one else can see.

As for it being a 'fashion show', why yes, you could believe that if you want.
      Since no one but the player involved will see the change, why is that pertinent?