Cheating players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cheating players

Is it possible for a player to have a huge army and navy all developed and upgraded at day 26 without even conquering a single foreign city?
      Cause thet happens to me, I started with the small country of Chile and pretty much conquered all of South America , then the USA player who hasn't conquered a single shit, invades me with a monstrous army... So this game doesn't reward conquest? you can stay inside your borders and win the game? please help. thank you.
    • It is possible. Doritos don't want you to accuse them of cheating tho because they're the cash cows, us plebian refer to them as golders instead.

Another scenario which is very likely to be the case, is that you lost too much troops during your conquest & expansion while he lost none and focus on building up his Arms Industries and superior troops. Also USA have more cities than other countries so yeah. On the flip side they also share border with some powerful countries so if one of them have a slightest bit of ambition then they'd be in danger. Other than that they'd just build up and play the long game.

The earlier you recognize that your strength in CON lies in your surviving army, not your conquered territories, the faster you improve. Good players don't lose their troops unintentionally. They heal them when their HP gets low and mitigate the damage whenever possible.

The post was edited 1 time, last by vynical ().

• Without seeing some hard numbers describing the size of the USA forces and the size of the USA economy, we readers have no idea whether what you think is a "monstrous" army is in fact an unusually big army.

However, some things are easy to say:

• CoN encourages you to be proud of what you accomplished when you conquered South America.
      • CoN encourages you to start a new free game any time you care to.
      • CoN lets some players to spend real money in their games to build huge armies. In general, I doubt they are proud of the results, but maybe they are. I suspect that those players have a different motivation than pride.
      If you are up against someone who spent a little money, CoN encourages you to make it as hard as is possible for that player to defeat you. Your options include defeating them because you have better strategy and tactics, and/or spending a little money yourself.
    • "Is it possible for a player to have a huge army and navy all developed and upgraded at day 26 without even conquering a single foreign city?"
      Yep.
      Might cost a LOT of gold, but it can be done.

"So this game doesn't reward conquest? "
      The game DOES reward conquest.
      It rewards those who spend gold more so.

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
      ― George Orwell, Animal Farm

"you can stay inside your borders and win the game?"
      That is a bit more of a challenge.
      If you stay inside your starting borders, then you are relying on ALL the other players to quit the game.
      What is more, you are postulating that every other player in this case quits with a smaller nation than you.
      Not a likely game outcome, but it could happen.

:thumbsup:
    • By monstrous I mean 10 cruisers, 30 tanks, 40 infantry and 10 strike fighters, and that is what I've seen only. on day 27 without conquering any city other than their original 10. I realize USA has like 80 territories from which to draw manpower and money, plus the random resources scattered through the map, and also has 10 cities to start with, way more than the usual 5 or 6 other small nations start with, like in my case Chile. But.. I have 33 cities, 8 of which have been annexed and 300+ territories... and I struggle to get enough supplies and components to really build a sizeable army, at least the size he has...

The post was edited 2 times, last by Max_Tyberius ().

• Max_Tyberius wrote:

By monstrous I mean 10 cruisers, 30 tanks, 40 infantry and 10 strike fighters, and that is what I've seen only. on day 27 without conquering any city other than their original 10. I realize USA has like 80 territories from which to draw manpower and money, plus the random resources scattered through the map, and also has 10 cities to start with, way more than the usual 5 or 6 other small nations start with, like in my case Chile. But.. I have 33 cities, 8 of which have been annexed and 300+ territories... and I struggle to get enough supplies and components to really build a sizeable army, at least the size he has...
      If you do the arithmetic, I'll guess that the USA forces you've seen so far aren't very surprising.

On your side of the ledger, remember that
      • Annexed cities operate at 50% output, minus (typically big) morale effects.
      • Captured cities operate at 25% output, minus (typically big) morale effects.
      • Morale in captured cities starts in the toilet.
      • Annexing cities is expensive, and has a long break-even period.
      • Annexing 8 cities is 8X Expensive.
      • Constructing new buildings in 8 annexed cites is also 8X Expensive.
      • Do the arithmetic. Tell us your result.

PS: I presume that your ASF are going to make mincemeat of the USA's SF; and that your SF, Helis, or Artillery are going to shred his Tanks and Infantry. Did you prep for the Cruisers when you saw the USA upgrading their Ports to produce them? I hope you didn't waste resources on weak direct-fire ground units the way that the USA wasted theirs.
    • Hydralysk wrote:

"Is it possible for a player to have a huge army and navy all developed and upgraded at day 26 without even conquering a single foreign city?"
      Yep.

If you stay inside your starting borders, then you are relying on ALL the other players to quit the game.
      What is more, you are postulating that every other player in this case quits with a smaller nation than you.

those pigs are scary

Max_Tyberius wrote:

Is it possible for a player to have a huge army and navy all developed and upgraded at day 26 without even conquering a single foreign city?
      Cause thet happens to me, I started with the small country of Chile and pretty much conquered all of South America , then the USA player who hasn't conquered a single shit, invades me with a monstrous army... So this game doesn't reward conquest? you can stay inside your borders and win the game? please help. thank you.
      does the guy have max IC/AB/anything else? cuz he could be getting like 10k of each resource per day, considering he is usa, so leave him alone for 20 days and who knows what he would do
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Hydralysk wrote:

"Is it possible for a player to have a huge army and navy all developed and upgraded at day 26 without even conquering a single foreign city?"
      Yep.

Funfact: Even if all other players quit you are unlikely to win, because afaik you still need to be first when the game ends to get the win. And ... with only your homeland that's not gonna happen
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Annexing that many cities by day 26 sucked all your resources. And seems odd that USA would pick out chili and bypass all of N. America.

I never annex till get to point cant spend resources fast enough as 1 Annex city probably costs 3 unit builds. Day 26 I usually have 20 SF and probably 20 Ships; if you have that dont need tanks or much inf really. 8 annex cities you have lost out on alot of researches and builds.

You also dont specify your type of army... I see countries all the time cranking out and losing inf at nearly a 1 to 1 ratio.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Max_Tyberius wrote:

By monstrous I mean 10 cruisers, 30 tanks, 40 infantry and 10 strike fighters, and that is what I've seen only. on day 27 without conquering any city other than their original 10. I realize USA has like 80 territories from which to draw manpower and money, plus the random resources scattered through the map, and also has 10 cities to start with, way more than the usual 5 or 6 other small nations start with, like in my case Chile. But.. I have 33 cities, 8 of which have been annexed and 300+ territories... and I struggle to get enough supplies and components to really build a sizeable army, at least the size he has...
      annexing cities is what killed you, otherwise you can try making td to counter his tanks short term
      “I hate 4x” -me