Let’s Talk about Ukraine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My thoughts on Ukraine? - Absolutely nobody could have expected an Invasion a Special Military Operation in Ukraine out of all places looks back at the Annexation of Crimea almost a decade ago "Absolutely nobody I tell you"
    Which side do you support? - Ukraine, live in Nato territory after all and it would be kinda ridiculous to not support your own team, even before that, Russia is pretty much a prime example of dictatorship and looking at it with the power of hindsight its kinda insane that countries dependant on Russian oil didn't take steps after the annexation of Crimea to lower said dependency.
    Who do I think will win? - Seems pretty likely that Ukraine will do that, with all the support the West is giving them and the almost comical levels of failure on the Russian side, the Invasion Special Military Operation benefitted pretty much everyone but Russia
    How much longer will it last? - Seeing as its been going for almost three months by now I don't think within the next couple of months, maybe by the end of the year but even that seems pretty optimistic
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • Teburu wrote:

My thoughts on Ukraine? - Absolutely nobody could have expected an Invasion a Special Military Operation in Ukraine out of all places looks back at the Annexation of Crimea almost a decade ago "Absolutely nobody I tell you"
    Which side do you support? - Ukraine, live in Nato territory after all and it would be kinda ridiculous to not support your own team, even before that, Russia is pretty much a prime example of dictatorship and looking at it with the power of hindsight its kinda insane that countries dependant on Russian oil didn't take steps after the annexation of Crimea to lower said dependency.
    Who do I think will win? - Seems pretty likely that Ukraine will do that, with all the support the West is giving them and the almost comical levels of failure on the Russian side, the Invasion Special Military Operation benefitted pretty much everyone but Russia
    How much longer will it last? - Seeing as its been going for almost three months by now I don't think within the next couple of months, maybe by the end of the year but even that seems pretty optimistic
    yeah i dont know why tf so many countries depend on russia for oil and shit like that, they should be like "ok russia bad, imma make my own shit now" or "i dont have oil, so i'll buy from a different country instead"

smh if everyone did that then russia would probs go bankrupt and would have to surrender

and as for putin, when his specs came in and he was like "fuck ukraine" then the other guy was like "gtfo out of my country stupid bitch"

oh and those hackers... i should really post that pic of that, i really look up to those guys
    Україна
    Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
  • Anna Jija wrote:

Teburu wrote:

My thoughts on Ukraine? - Absolutely nobody could have expected an Invasion a Special Military Operation in Ukraine out of all places looks back at the Annexation of Crimea almost a decade ago "Absolutely nobody I tell you"
    yeah i dont know why tf so many countries depend on russia for oil and shit like that, they should be like "ok russia bad, imma make my own shit now" or "i dont have oil, so i'll buy from a different country instead"
    smh if everyone did that then russia would probs go bankrupt and would have to surrender

and as for putin, when his specs came in and he was like "fuck ukraine" then the other guy was like "gtfo out of my country stupid bitch"

oh and those hackers... i should really post that pic of that, i really look up to those guys
    Who is 'the other guy'?

And are you referring to the Anonymous hacker group that's been tapping into the Russian government websites? They must be really experienced.
    "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
  • 1. I mean the war on Ukraine was inevitable ever since the fall of the Soviet Union. The Russians would not stand around and watch their former territory go to the west, no, they are going to fight back. From a Russian angle, you can see a reason why they may think to invade. If NATO ever goes aggressive, and Ukraine is western, what will happen? Belarus is essentially behind enemy lines, and falls easily, allowing the Russian homeland to be penetrated. I think the goal of the war is to distance the homeland from NATO, so they can regain some power, have more influence, and be stronger if war ever comes
    2. I mean I don't support any side. Both of these countries have done many bad things in the things leading up to the war, and it's not as black and white as you may think. For example, the Russians destroyed many schools yes, but there are also the actions of the Azov Battalion.
    3 + 4. I mean, it all depends on how much Putin wants to try. Currently it seems that the Ukrainians are pushing back little by little, and the Russian gains have slowed a lot, however, as more and more arms come from the west, they can turn it around. It comes down to if Putin wants to use nuclear weapons or not. If yes, then they won the main war of Ukraine 100%, but at what cost? Protests, dissaproval, sanctions, and more. Even then, the conflict still continues, as the Ukranian people will still fight for their homeland, and it can become a repeat of Afghanistan in 1979. If Putin doesn't use nuclear weapons, and the Ukrainians can push back, I feel like the separatist regions will still be ceded to Russia, as it would do more harm than good to keep them.
    All Shall Eventually Fall