Improvement for my strategy?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Improvement for my strategy?

Hey, so I am pretty new to con and I wanted you to asked if you could give me some more tips (I know there are alot of experienced players here).

I would consider myself to be a pretty good player for the beginning, I played 11 games, won 5 by coalition and one solo win, lvl 26 and I have a 4.33 kill ratio against players. I red a lot here in the forum about the meta and strategies and that really helped me.

So my basic strategy is the following:

When I start a game I build army bases and recruitment centeres or how they are called in every city (I like to play smaller countries). Then I build the basic infantary everywhere und build arms industries next.
      The most important thing for me is the expantion, so I grab the cities of bots nearby and than search for a easy player kill. Mosty there are some inactive players (dont build army bases, so they have just the starting troops) and so I grab out so much teritory as I can. Meanwhile i continue to build arms industries in every city and recruit the basic infantary.
      Mosty I am lucky and there are only noob players in my area, last time I played egypt and I could take over pretty much all of Africa and so I became easy Number one. Only then I search for a coalition because I have basically free choice or I go for solo like in this case.

In the next step there will probably be some other strong nations/coalitions in other parts of the map. My goal is to build the ulimative army and prepare for the upcoming wars:
      I use the "meta stack" with 5 Mrls, 3 sams, 1 radar, 1 inf, sometimes 6/2 or 4/4 on the mrls/sams depending if my oponents have a lot of aircrafts. That stack was always extremly OP if my oponents used some randoms troops like tanks and infantary and i could just shred trough them without one single loss of my ground army because when they come to close I just move the artillery away (hit and run).

My next weapon are the cruisers, I try to build up the strongest navy. So for me cruisers worked always really good. They have solid air defence, good dmg against ground and most importantly the strong attack against ships. Sometimes I send them to my enemies with one/two single infantary and if the capital is easy reachable I just bomb the troops and land with the infantary to cause the moral loss. The crusiers destroyed alot of big navies in my games.

Next I also try to build up a good air force, mostly with strikers. I feel they are very versatile. For example i had a big teritory and some guy attacked me and my Mrls stacks were to far away so I just send my strikers to finish the job (he had no air defence, just tanks and inf). I also used one time the Asf but i feel that they are sometimes useless, because if the oponent has strikers or bombers than my sams can protect my main army pretty good. And helis were never used against me, but even than strikers could help me out?
      I also try to research cruise missiles because there are always nice when you want to finish some stacks so that you dont have to hit again. When I understand it right one should not use chemical or nuclear weapons because of moral loss?

So yeah thats basically it, do you have some suggestions for my strategie. Do you see some problematic aspcets when I would face a good player? With this strategy I have won even some 1vs3 battles and my stats are pretty good but maybe some of the good players here see some improvement.

Should I maybe use helies or try some other form of infantary to concquer faster and are bombers or other typs of ships/subs woth it?

Thanks for reading :thumbup:
    • I agree with KFGauss. In public games, yes it can work against normal beginners. But that's a good base. You only talk about atack. And how you defend? The stacks take time to return to base. And it take time for SAM and MRLS can flight (only level 4). And the time between your expansion and have the stack? But, important is follow your enemies and see what they use. If someaone use special forces? If someone use helis? If someone use subs? I use a base of units but the rest depend of my oponnents. I never use the same units. Some games i only need inf and EAA. Others i need cruisers. Important to, is to have flexibility to adapt in order to have a diferent units. That is manegement of your cities and resources.
      “The dog does not bark out of courage, but out of fear.”
      Chinese Proverb
    • Sounds like a pretty good strategy for public games to me.

Things to test out to see if they integrate well with your strategy:

Research recon vehicles to start and build 3 or even 4 of them to start. They are deadly in the beginning of the game. Anti-inf choppers, combined with building military hospitals in one of your airbase cities, is another way to get off to a fast start.

Experiment with fewer army bases and quicker strike fighters and a military hospital in an airbase city to build up a bigger air force at the expense of your ground forces. Level 3 radar units are VERY useful (they can be level 3 on day 15, so not so important in the very beginning).

Your mix of unit seems quite solid to me. Just say no to chemical or nuclear weapons. Using regular missiles to take out airbases, airfields, and big bot armor stacks - well it seems to be working for you. The goal of your missiles is to cope with big armor bot armor stacks, so choose the cheapest solution that gets the job done.
    • In most public games I do not need to build an army base & recruitment center in every city. However, if I have active hostile neighbors that can change.

For example, if I have a city which is inside my territory that is in a central land locked relatively safe location, near other home cities that have an army base, recruitment center or airbase, I may just build out an arms industry and keep some units in or near the city to guard it.

After playing several games and analyzing how other competent players use their resources and observing my own resource output & consumption, I often see in mid to late game that I would have army bases or recruitment centers that would not be used or rarely be used after being built.

Similarly, I observed that players in games would just build up their airbase in their capitol city and not build much of anything else in that city. If I play a country where my capitol in a central location, away from port cities and has other cities nearby where I can build army bases / recruitment centers, I will designate the capitol city to build my air force, along with the fixed wing officer and national guard. I often will build a hospital in that city as well.

In most of my games I plan ahead & designate certain cities to output more advanced units that are researched which require higher level buildings.

If you do not have access to EAAs, I suggest you take a look at the fixed wing officer / ace to augment your strikers. It is a versatile unit & very effective at eliminating multiple targets at the same time using the patrol command.

Otherwise, good on you for learning or researching the effectiveness of the "meta stack" or "doom stack", that other experienced players refer to it as, if I recall properly.
    • In response to the comment about fixed wing or chopper officers:

The air officers provide a very nice boost to a stack of air units.

Manual processing for attacking big opponent stacks: 1 officer plus 4 air units attack. After the battle, the 4 damaged air units fly to your military hospital city for healing while you send in your officer with 4 other air units.

For fixed wing - the officer adds a nice bonus to air to air combat for strike fighters.

For choppers - for anti-inf choppers, the officer adds some nice damage to armor units. For anti-armor choppers, the officer adds some nice damage to infantry units.

The air officers take a VERY small amount of damage when in a complete stack of 5 air units. So with a bit of care, they won't have to go back for healing very often.