x5 resources games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Pointedly, this ain't never gonna happen because it runs contrary to Dorado's business model.

What's the incentive for people to buy gold and pay their salaries/keep the lights on, if resources are 5X more available?

This would decrease gold purchased meaning: No F'N way this happens

For those who can't read, I said "if it's nicely done it could go in the direction of game's business plan."

For exemple, the increase of the research time(or cost) could compensate the big amount of resources. So that we only have much more units on map, without or with affecting other things.

But I don't know what the income from the game is exactly made of, as I dont have access to game's revenue statistics. So I cant solve the equation.

Is the biggest part of the revenue coming from spending gold on resources, on research time, on buldings producing time, or on producing units time ?

-If- in the current state of things, it is possible to adjust this new game mode in such a way that it doesnt lower the actual average income per player... it's a win.

The new game mode could attract more players, which means bigger total income.

So, to summarize the 1st question is -> in the current state is it possible to refine this game mode in such a way to not lower the actual income per player.
      And the 2nd one -> will the number of new players brought by this game mode be sufficiently big to compensate the invested work/time to implement it.

And from here, the ball is in the developers' court.

(you have to chew up all the work for some people in the forums...)
    • Mango_____ wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Pointedly, this ain't never gonna happen because it runs contrary to Dorado's business model.

What's the incentive for people to buy gold and pay their salaries/keep the lights on, if resources are 5X more available?

This would decrease gold purchased meaning: No F'N way this happens
      For those who can't read, I said "if it's nicely done it could go in the direction of game's business plan."

For exemple, the increase of the research time(or cost) could compensate the big amount of resources. So that we only have much more units on map, without or with affecting other things.

But I don't know what the income from the game is exactly made of, as I dont have access to game's revenue statistics. So I cant solve the equation.

Is the biggest part of the revenue coming from spending gold on resources, on research time, on buldings producing time, or on producing units time ?

-If- in the current state of things, it is possible to adjust this new game mode in such a way that it doesnt lower the actual average income per player... it's a win.

The new game mode could attract more players, which means bigger total income.

So, to summarize the 1st question is -> in the current state is it possible to refine this game mode in such a way to not lower the actual income per player.
      And the 2nd one -> will the number of new players brought by this game mode be sufficiently big to compensate the invested work/time to implement it.

And from here, the ball is in the developers' court.

(you have to chew up all the work for some people in the forums...)
      I love this total piece of crap you posted. Honestly, It could be part of a Charmin commercial, or feature prominently as a bump in a Pampers one. Saying "if it's nicely done it could go in the direction of game's business plan." is like saying, "if Hell were a lot cooler and had some vacation time, it wouldn't be so bad" Grade A comic material, Thanks.

If you haven't realized where the bulk of the spending occurs, pointedly resources and rushing units, you have no knowledge of this game. Even the densest person could realize that spending on research is never going to make up for what would be lost on resources. I's patently ridiculous, even with no clue of the "formula" for income.

Let's not even get into the extra load on the servers due to more variables (units) that need to be constantly calculated for.

Additionally, any hypothesizing that the new game mode "could" attract more players is baseless and pointless. It "could" drive away thousands. There is simply no information to support either position.

Oh and sure, there are many possible ways the game can be refined not to lower TOTAL INCOME (because average per player is as useful as a second hole in your bum), but probably none of them involve messing with Dorado's gravy train.

And finally "yes" the ball IS in the developer's court as you pointedly asked them if they could punch themselves in the face for your super duper idea.

P.S. Additional thanks to you for your condescension in thinking someone hadn't understood your clown suggestion the first time.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dealer of Death ().

• TheShinwacker wrote:

I wish there was a way to dislike posts
      Disliking them? You mean say for someone condescending to you for presenting an opinion based on past practices that isn't even yours? Sure I'd love that. Thing is, I personally would LOVE more resources, ... I'd also love a special (DoD-Only) God Killer Unit that 1 shots everything and is immune to damage, ya know, just in case, but neither is happening.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• "your clown suggestion"

Well, you surely understand the meaning of big scale management.

"If you haven't realized where the bulk of the spending occurs, pointedly resources and rushing units, you have no knowledge of this game. Even the densest person could realize that spending on research is never going to make up for what would be lost on resources. I's patently ridiculous, even with no clue of the "formula" for income."

As I said before : "-If- in the current state of things, it is possible to adjust this new game mode in such a way that it doesnt lower the actual average income". By compensating with something else like for example "increasing the research time". That's why I said "for those who can't read".

It is obvious that the purchase of resources takes up a large part of gold spending. But the question is "to what extent" and then see if it is feasible with compensations. But instead you just bring your crude reasoning to say that the idea is crap, when you have no idea whether it's feasible or not as much as me.

I've made suggestions before that have worked well in larger games, but there are always people who come along and throw shit at the suggestions without trying to understand. It's true, I got a little mad. But no offense.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mango_____ ().

• Mango_____ wrote:

"your clown suggestion"

Well, you surely understand the meaning of big scale management.

"If you haven't realized where the bulk of the spending occurs, pointedly resources and rushing units, you have no knowledge of this game. Even the densest person could realize that spending on research is never going to make up for what would be lost on resources. I's patently ridiculous, even with no clue of the "formula" for income."

As I said before : "-If- in the current state of things, it is possible to adjust this new game mode in such a way that it doesnt lower the actual average income". By compensating with something else like for example "increasing the research time". That's why I said "for those who can't read".

It is obvious that the purchase of resources takes up a large part of gold spending. But the question is "to what extent" and then see if it is feasible with compensations. But instead you just bring your crude reasoning to say that the idea is crap, when you have no idea whether it's feasible or not as much as me.

I've made suggestions before that have worked well in larger games, but there are always people who come along and throw shit at the suggestions without trying to understand. It's true, I got a little mad. But no offense.
      First of all, I say again, speculating on raising or lowering "actual average income per player" from players is pointless, only total income from players is going to drive prevent changes.

For one who slings the condescending "can't read" read accusation, maybe you should look in a mirror. I didn't say your idea was "crap", in fact if you read my reply to Shinwacker, I specifically say "I personally would LOVE more resources". I said your reply was crap. Attacking me, condescending, and making unsubstantiable postulations. And now you wish to add to this with "crude reasoning" when this isn't my personal evaluation, but rather a wake up call for you of the company's past practices.

And additionally, while it's true I don't KNOW whether your idea is feasible or not, it's about as mysterious as wondering whether a single box of 20 McDonalds chicken McNuggets will feed a baseball team as well as 4 pepperoni pizzas.

Bottom Line: I like your idea, I would love more resources, but it is obvious based on past practices of this company that it is more likely I find TWO unicorns in my yard this evening, than this happening.

What I don't like is being tooled on for being the messenger.
      The KING of CoN News!!!