BUILDING ARMS INDUSTRY SHOULD NEED MORE RESOURCE PRODUCTION LEVELS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Teburu wrote:

sounds like skill issue
      right; i never build beyond arms ind 1 and by day 20 I have hard time spending all my resources.
      how do you manage that?!? Different maps, for me, have different levels, but I'm *always* scrounging for resources through the first 25 days. Right now i've got one map at day 39 and I, mostly, make more than I use. I've got another map at day 31 and I'm in the hundreds in all my resources except fuel.
    • Build economy via conquest. Current game day 4 and have 17 cities (next highest is 10) so when most people sitting back wasting resources building up arms ind 3 I'm enjoying the fruits of war.

Could the Vikings have stayed home and built their own stuff? Sure. But they felt easier to go out and take others stuff ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Build economy via conquest. Current game day 4 and have 17 cities (next highest is 10) so when most people sitting back wasting resources building up arms ind 3 I'm enjoying the fruits of war.

Could the Vikings have stayed home and built their own stuff? Sure. But they felt easier to go out and take others stuff ;)
      If you look at my stats, you can see I most definitely do *not* turtle.

I have a Battleground USA map at day 10. I have 21 cities, 147 provinces and 47 units. I am also currently short rares, electronics and components.

Now granted, I have expended a goodly amount of resources in building up my arms industry in all my core cities (none of my captured cities except for 1 electronics), with all three currently building lvl 5.

Hmmm ... I'm going to try a map where I only build them to level 1. I'll see where I am at on day 30. I'm thinking maybe the payoff point of going to level 5 is so far into the mid game that it might not make sense to do that. It's just that so many of my games tend to go long, as I absorb my enemies slowly, like the blob.
    • DOA70 wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Build economy via conquest. Current game day 4 and have 17 cities (next highest is 10) so when most people sitting back wasting resources building up arms ind 3 I'm enjoying the fruits of war.

If you look at my stats, you can see I most definitely do *not* turtle.
      I have a Battleground USA map at day 10. I have 21 cities, 147 provinces and 47 units. I am also currently short rares, electronics and components.

Now granted, I have expended a goodly amount of resources in building up my arms industry in all my core cities (none of my captured cities except for 1 electronics), with all three currently building lvl 5.

Hmmm ... I'm going to try a map where I only build them to level 1. I'll see where I am at on day 30. I'm thinking maybe the payoff point of going to level 5 is so far into the mid game that it might not make sense to do that. It's just that so many of my games tend to go long, as I absorb my enemies slowly, like the blob.
      BGUSA .. I won slowly in 22 days
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • it is a bit irritating in early game as morale is low but later it is fine.
      also I only upgrade them beyond in lvl 1 in some cities always rare city very likely the capital too as it will always have high morale unless...
      conquered cities give 25% percent of the city production witch is like level 2~3 arms industry
      add up that she will have low morale so like level 2
      even less if it was bombed in conquest and some population die but they will recover later

also it needs like 3~4 days to kick of to get to a reasonable morale maybe more

now why is city conquest way better?
      because it is almost free units will heal and if u play active u probably won't lose units against in actives the only cost is
      1- probably researching and building non competitive units for early pressure whose use will be less hmm .. obvious
      2- the up keep of the extra conquest units as you will need more infantry of light Armour for early conquest which will stay with u for the rest of the game (some times just killing the in suicide early is better if the game is getting competitive and will take time)

for me I attack non ais from day 3 or 4 I never research motorized as I never found a use for them
      in europe some times I research mechanized crv early and roll over but this is the only case for early attack
    • I mean just use local industry. It's way more cost effective and worth it than arms industry.
      Even better, use buildings that increase production (or morale, which translates into faster production anyways if it's low), like airbases, naval bases, underground bunkers, etc.)
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.