Should I use NGs or mot infrantry

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should I use NGs or mot infrantry

So whenever I get into a new game, sometimes I research mot infrantry first, upgrading it to lvl 6 by day 6 or so. I’ve heard many pros talking about getting NG and how they are better, but I’ve always thought about how they were just weaker and would lower my general KDR causing more casualties for me whilst fighting another person.
      I also thought how it would relatively take me more to get to at least 1.30 speed on open grounds. Having said that I do get NGs but that is mostly to conserve resources and to hold up against ai nations and be on defensive stance, not really to push into enemy territory with AFVs and TDs( not to be confused with TDS)**
      What is it about NG that makes it “pro” and infrantry “noob” and what are the tatics for using NGs?
      **TD=tank destroyer , TDS= theatre defence system
      Thank you for reading my question
    • Here's the thing: "Pros" dont Infantry to fight to begin with, that's why NG is better for them. Its cheaper and faster to mobilize but still able to conquer land and defend against Insurgents.
      Any time and resource invested into upgrading motorized beyond lvl 2-3, are time and resources that could be invested into better things.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Melee combat is something that should be avoided whenever possible; you don’t want to trade losses with an opponent. Other units like Rocket launchers, mobile artillery, fighters, helicopters, etc, are far more cost effective than armor and infantry units. Additionally, support units like radar, AWACS, and Sam launchers can be very valuable to defend ground stacks and provide intel. Most of our research and resources goes into these fields.

As such, our foot soldiers have only two tasks: (1) take territories and (2) hold cities from rouge state. Since NGs are cheaper, faster to build, and can do roughly as well as motorized infantry, they are the preferred unit.

Hope this helps!
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • I dont use inf for offensive combat; so in long run NG is better as cheaper/faster builds and as research actually better city defenders.

Ill research inf to lvl 3 as have 12 of them for free and at least get their speed up if nothing else.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • still i think motorized infantry have some usage. Whether you like it or not at some point you're going to have melee combat or you're going to have to use melee combat. Some units take ages to destroy entire divisions even if you have like 15 planes. Which leads to another point: you cannot rely entirely on ranged units. For example if you only rely on strike fighters to make damage the enemy only needs to make some sam lauchers and pretty much your offensive capabilities go down to zero. You will say "well then let me just make attack helis" which it isn't the point. The point is that if you only rely on ranged attacks you will be very dependent on one sepecific unit and your enemy can exploit that. For me my recomendation is that in the earlier days of the game go for NGs. Most of the nations around you will be inactive so pretty much strike fighters and national guards will do the job easy. Then later don't forget to upgrade your mot inf since there's going to be a lot of melee combat. You don't need to make it a priority but it's really necessary
    • shrek6satan wrote:

still i think motorized infantry have some usage. Whether you like it or not at some point you're going to have melee combat or you're going to have to use melee combat. Some units take ages to destroy entire divisions even if you have like 15 planes. Which leads to another point: you cannot rely entirely on ranged units. For example if you only rely on strike fighters to make damage the enemy only needs to make some sam lauchers and pretty much your offensive capabilities go down to zero. You will say "well then let me just make attack helis" which it isn't the point. The point is that if you only rely on ranged attacks you will be very dependent on one sepecific unit and your enemy can exploit that. For me my recomendation is that in the earlier days of the game go for NGs. Most of the nations around you will be inactive so pretty much strike fighters and national guards will do the job easy. Then later don't forget to upgrade your mot inf since there's going to be a lot of melee combat. You don't need to make it a priority but it's really necessary
      How to: build a strawman
    • Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

still i think motorized infantry have some usage. Whether you like it or not at some point you're going to have melee combat or you're going to have to use melee combat. Some units take ages to destroy entire divisions even if you have like 15 planes. Which leads to another point: you cannot rely entirely on ranged units. For example if you only rely on strike fighters to make damage the enemy only needs to make some sam lauchers and pretty much your offensive capabilities go down to zero. You will say "well then let me just make attack helis" which it isn't the point. The point is that if you only rely on ranged attacks you will be very dependent on one sepecific unit and your enemy can exploit that. For me my recomendation is that in the earlier days of the game go for NGs. Most of the nations around you will be inactive so pretty much strike fighters and national guards will do the job easy. Then later don't forget to upgrade your mot inf since there's going to be a lot of melee combat. You don't need to make it a priority but it's really necessary
      what do you mean?
    • To elaborate:
      While it might be true that in some cases melee fights might not be avoidable; what is absolutely untrue is that one can’t rely on ranged attacks.
      Especially later in the game with more conquered territory to act as a buffer zone between you and any enemy, the necessity to engage in melee becomes lower and lower.
      Keep in mind: the only thing melee has over any sort of ranged attack is that both participants are locked in their fight and cant disengage easily. In all other aspects ranged units are infinitely superior, be it because of sheer speed/flexibility or just by trading dmg more favorably.

Them having specific counters is nothing exclusive to them. In fact most melee units have a significantly bigger array of counters than ranged ones.
      Infantry in particular has a pretty long list of units that counter it, that list being: pretty much the rest of the unit roster.

Your argument is also ridiculous because if you have to pick a unit to fight in melee, except for maybe mechanized infantry, not a single inf fits into that role really.
      Because they all have fairly bad damage to armor, which is pretty much everything thats not an infantry themselves.

You want to fight in melee and kill something: pick a unit from the armor tab
      You want the unit that gives the most HP per resources invested to act as sponge for dmg: National Guard

Calling motorized a necessity is just plain wrong.
    • Teburu wrote:

Here's the thing: "Pros" dont Infantry to fight to begin with, that's why NG is better for them. Its cheaper and faster to mobilize but still able to conquer land and defend against Insurgents.
      Any time and resource invested into upgrading motorized beyond lvl 2-3, are time and resources that could be invested into better things.
      But here’s the thing, I usually invade other nations by day 2, and my towed arty can only do so much before most of the Time I need to engage in melee combat. Also I tend to fight ai and sometimes just fighting them using melee with a bit of air support seems faster for me than getting MRLs quickly. I also get inf because the nation I play Russia is pretty big and I need inf officer too… I mean I know Russia is bad to play with but I just enjoy it . Btw I’m playing flashpoint, so russia ain’t too big. And only has to prepare for invasions from one side
    • Teburu wrote:

To elaborate:
      While it might be true that in some cases melee fights might not be avoidable; what is absolutely untrue is that one can’t rely on ranged attacks.
      Especially later in the game with more conquered territory to act as a buffer zone between you and any enemy, the necessity to engage in melee becomes lower and lower.
      Keep in mind: the only thing melee has over any sort of ranged attack is that both participants are locked in their fight and cant disengage easily. In all other aspects ranged units are infinitely superior, be it because of sheer speed/flexibility or just by trading dmg more favorably.

Them having specific counters is nothing exclusive to them. In fact most melee units have a significantly bigger array of counters than ranged ones.
      Infantry in particular has a pretty long list of units that counter it, that list being: pretty much the rest of the unit roster.

Your argument is also ridiculous because if you have to pick a unit to fight in melee, except for maybe mechanized infantry, not a single inf fits into that role really.
      Because they all have fairly bad damage to armor, which is pretty much everything thats not an infantry themselves.

You want to fight in melee and kill something: pick a unit from the armor tab
      You want the unit that gives the most HP per resources invested to act as sponge for dmg: National Guard

Calling motorized a necessity is just plain wrong.
      I’ve heard people use AM (airmobile infrantry) , they stack them with the lvl 5 TD to give high anti armour and anti infrantry damage. I have yet to try this strategy out though
      But for now, my strategy is around getting SF by day 4, infrantry to help hold out against ai rushing my arty and then get inf officer to continue supporting invasions and defending Towed from getting striked.
    • japan samurai wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Here's the thing: "Pros" dont Infantry to fight to begin with, that's why NG is better for them. Its cheaper and faster to mobilize but still able to conquer land and defend against Insurgents.
      But here’s the thing, I usually invade other nations by day 2, and my towed arty can only do so much before most of the Time I need to engage in melee combat. Also I tend to fight ai and sometimes just fighting them using melee with a bit of air support seems faster for me than getting MRLs quickly. I also get inf because the nation I play Russia is pretty big and I need inf officer too… I mean I know Russia is bad to play with but I just enjoy it . Btw I’m playing flashpoint, so russia ain’t too big. And only has to prepare for invasions from one side
      If you invade that early combat recon is better than Inf
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

I dont use inf for offensive combat; so in long run NG is better as cheaper/faster builds and as research actually better city defenders.

Ill research inf to lvl 3 as have 12 of them for free and at least get their speed up if nothing else.
      what a waste of resources. If i reach the part of the game where i habe enough rares to research basically anything I research missles and stuff...so i cant effort to waste a research slot for 2 days to upgrade 12 inf and get in total 24 more damage...

Speed of land units doesnt matter...i just spam twice as much lvl 1 NG to cover more ground... :)

And RCV are an underestimated early weapon
      On day 2 you can have a stack of 5 with 5 inf. Preferable 5 rcd, 4 inf and 1 NG for damage distribution. Stop that shit when it comes to you...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Funny, I was thinking the ravings of a lunatic.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

I dont use inf for offensive combat; so in long run NG is better as cheaper/faster builds and as research actually better city defenders.

what a waste of resources. If i reach the part of the game where i habe enough rares to research basically anything I research missles and stuff...so i cant effort to waste a research slot for 2 days to upgrade 12 inf and get in total 24 more damage...
      Speed of land units doesnt matter...i just spam twice as much lvl 1 NG to cover more ground... :)

And RCV are an underestimated early weapon
      On day 2 you can have a stack of 5 with 5 inf. Preferable 5 rcd, 4 inf and 1 NG for damage distribution. Stop that shit when it comes to you...
      Then there is the MBTs on day 1 research too, just that people (mediocre players) start making them by day 2 and then get at least 2 MBTs on day 3 (for eastern doctrine) I will try it out though, but most people do talk about just using infrantry and outposts to fight early MBT rush
      I usually still research infrantry on day 1 so that they have abit of armoured defensive stats and also I’ll get ASF . I mean I know such a stack is deadly for day 2 but I need to also research jets. Do I just forgo infrantry research

The post was edited 1 time, last by japan samurai ().