Question about stealth planes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Question about stealth planes

i'm with a stealth striker, and am patrolling a city. they don't have any stealth detection stuff.

my plane is invisible until it enters combat, then it's visible. For how long?

On the return path between my target and the airport, there are SAMs. And i'm trying to figure-out whether i'll be visible for my whole re-entry (i.e. until i get to my airport, then i'm invisible again) or for how long? How long am i 'in combat' for?

Thanks, as always,
      s
    • Basically "it becomes visible at combats" mean it will still get counter-attacked by any unit with a defense stat for fixed wing, ofcourse after it has dealt the first damage.

For other scenario, it can be visible if it fly over (within sight range) an unit with Reveal Stealth Aircraft skill. Then it becomes invisible outside of the sight range again.
    • Will be visible for like 15 sec and enough time if opponent online to see your return path and if had ASF could intercept course and if sit it sight range path they will see you. All troops are visible in sight range.

Any AA would need Stealth detection unless you fly directly over them.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • vynical wrote:

Basically "it becomes visible at combats" mean it will still get counter-attacked by any unit with a defense stat for fixed wing, ofcourse after it has dealt the first damage.

For other scenario, it can be visible if it fly over (within sight range) an unit with Reveal Stealth Aircraft skill. Then it becomes invisible outside of the sight range again.
      Actually def stats take place before offense stats on all attacks.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Will be visible for like 15 sec and enough time if opponent online to see your return path and if had ASF could intercept course and if sit it sight range path they will see you. All troops are visible in sight range.

unproven
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Will be visible for like 15 sec and enough time if opponent online to see your return path and if had ASF could intercept course and if sit it sight range path they will see you. All troops are visible in sight range.

thank you. can you help me get the 'all troops are visible in sight range'? isn't that the whole point of having stealth detection?
    • Sgniappo wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

thank you. can you help me get the 'all troops are visible in sight range'? isn't that the whole point of having stealth detection?
      no radar detection doesnt equal invisible jet. Dont you think if you were in a F-16 and a F-35 came right at you; that you would see it visual as a pilot would see any jet.

And even Stealth aircraft IRL can be picked up on radar its just at drastically reduced range. like a S400 can see non stealth at 400 km or about 250 miles; it cant see stealth till like 10 miles but still gets picked up; but hopefully for F-35 its unloaded missiles and evading.

• japan samurai wrote:

This real life concept doesn’t apply to the game right? Stealth are stealth until they engage targets where they become seen for a while before returning to stealth. Even if a ASF squad goes after the Stealth SF , it wouldn’t be able to see the stealth SF since it doesn’t have reveal stealth capabilities
      i'm with you here... i'm less familiar with stealth planes, but with both drones and SFs i can put them 20 m from an enemy and they don't see me. until i engage in combat. so the IRL concept does not apply here.
    • Sgniappo wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

This real life concept doesn’t apply to the game right? Stealth are stealth until they engage targets where they become seen for a while before returning to stealth. Even if a ASF squad goes after the Stealth SF , it wouldn’t be able to see the stealth SF since it doesn’t have reveal stealth capabilities
      i'm with you here... i'm less familiar with stealth planes, but with both drones and SFs i can put them 20 m from an enemy and they don't see me. until i engage in combat. so the IRL concept does not apply here.
      you can see uav and sf anywhere in your territory. you culd technically be in your territory but if sf patrol > thn distance to border they will still see you

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Sgniappo wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

you can see uav and sf anywhere in your territory. you culd technically be in your territory but if sf patrol > thn distance to border they will still see you
      testing it...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sgniappo ().

• So i tested it. As you'll see in the pictures, the scenario is that i'm sending stealth fighters to attack a target, flying above a stack with a SAM. the target is outside of SAM range. the SAM stack has no way to detect stealth planes. There are stealth drones on both SAM and target (that are not being seen).

The planes are not on patrol, they are sent to attack the target.

Results:
      - on the way from airport to target, they get intercepted by SAM
      - on the way back from target, they do not get intercepted

2nd test: i send the stealth stack on patrol within the SAM range, without including the SAM stack in the patrol range. The units patrol indefinitely, without being seen by the SAM (last picture).

So my conclusion is that 'unit is invisible when not engaged in combat' means: if you are attacking a target (engaged in combat), you are visible. if you are flying over, or patrolling (like the drones in the picture), or doing anything else (not engaged in combat), you are invisible. Nothing else (aside from stealth detection) matters.

Makes sense?

And now that the testing is done, i don't need their SAM anymore... so it dies.
      Files
    • In general folks, please don't confuse (or leave ambiguous) flying past/through an AA unit's coverage between the every-ten-minutes checks with not being vulnerable to AA attack.

At a speed of 12/minute, a plane can fly 120 distance in 10 minutes.

So if your path through the AA coverage is shorter than 120, you can purposefully time your trip (and/or your attack) carefully to avoid getting hit, or good luck can keep you out of trouble.

When describing your AA experiences, if you don't describe this part of the scenario, your description will have a big hole in it.

If I remember my trig correctly, a 120 length path is the chord you get between points that are about 72° apart on a 100 radius circle.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• You're very right, KFG, thanks for the feedback.

In this instance, what do you feel is ambiguous?

The only part i would say might be improved is that i'm 'assuming' that on the way back, since it's not in combat, the stealth fighter does not get hit. True, it might not get hit because he's passing through the SAM range during the untriggered window. As there is no control in its way back though, the only way to do that would be to do the same passage over and over again (and perhaps trigger the SAM with something else and marking the timing).

The rest is fact-based and clear. Right? Just making sure i've got my conclusions right.

Thanks, s
    • Sig - Yes - That was the part of your description that left me wondering what happened (I admit that I didn't study the screen shots).

More than one post in this thread and in other threads triggered what I wrote.

OBTW: I did a little more calculating - To keep a plane's (straight-line) travel time under 10 minutes when going through a 100 radius AA Atk Radius circle, it turns out that the plane's closest approach has to be >80 away from the AA stack.

In other words, if your straight-line path takes you 80 or closer to the AA stack, and the Stack isn't in cooldown/reload. You'll get hit.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

15 sec visible? Are you sure? I have to do some testing on stealth now...sadly I never enjoy the possibility to fight against skilled players that do stealth. So no experience here. But i noticed that my admiral was visible after an anti air defense tick...very dangerous.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.