Question about stealth planes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kurtvonstein wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Will be visible for like 15 sec and enough time if opponent online to see your return path and if had ASF could intercept course and if sit it sight range path they will see you. All troops are visible in sight range.

Any AA would need Stealth detection unless you fly directly over them.
      15 sec visible? Are you sure? I have to do some testing on stealth now...sadly I never enjoy the possibility to fight against skilled players that do stealth. So no experience here. But i noticed that my admiral was visible after an anti air defense tick...very dangerous.
      Guess depends if attack or patrol. Patrol you only in combat for a sec. If attack plane appears to be dropping bombs for about 15 sec before actual attack. I always Patrol attack as it cuts down on distance (even if 3 min each way... those 6 min can make a difference); plus if any Anti air especially mobile AA yeah can patrol attack on edge and risk less than damage.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

well I said fly directly over it. aka in sight range. you flew through radar range which yes should not have detected it

Completely wrong. Sight range won’t see any stealth unit unless the unit has reveal stealth in that unit type or briefly during combat. Also yes, if you lock into a target with asf and fly over Sams while locked on they will hit you since it’s considered in combat while locked in. Otherwise no, not all units are visible in sight range. Stealth literally says word for word “ unit is not visible in sight range when not engaged in combat” and that is an accurate description. It’s not even debatable. That’s how it works.
    • aircraft does not considered to be in combat while lock on.
      the “reveal when attack” for stealth aircraft is referred to AA envelope system that it will fire off AA when Aircraft hit something inside AA range. this system ignores stealth.

People always claimed that stealth aircraft show up when attack but i still doesn’t see any support evidence
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Tom_Cruise wrote:

To add to this discussion I took a screenshot in my last game of a Stealth bomber wing (not ally) directly above my (Myanmar) units, fully visible.
      I see two unit that potentially can spot them, Could you detailed your image?
      What is that myanma ship? It is possible that it is frigate with ability to detect stealth, and Stealth Bomber patrol circle hit the ship's view range
      and what's your support unit in that TD stack? high level SAM perhaps?
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

Tom_Cruise wrote:

To add to this discussion I took a screenshot in my last game of a Stealth bomber wing (not ally) directly above my (Myanmar) units, fully visible.
      I see two unit that potentially can spot them, Could you detailed your image?What is that myanma ship? It is possible that it is frigate with ability to detect stealth, and Stealth Bomber patrol circle hit the ship's view range
      and what's your support unit in that TD stack? high level SAM perhaps?
      That's my Frig, it was very high level. I think it was level 6/7, which would explain why I could see the Stealth, but I was hugely surprised at the time that the Frig's view range would be that far in.

I can't even remember what support unit with the TD was, usually I have an NG unit attached but here it clearly isn't. I had no high level SAMs (waste of resources IMO).
    • Tom_Cruise wrote:

Diippi wrote:

Level 5+ radar can also detect stealth aircraft. Could the support unit be that?
      Nope, I don't use radars.
      :whistling:
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD