New Mechanic for Airborn Infentry

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Mechanic for Airborn Infentry

Hello there good people
      For today's Suggestion we shall discuss Airborn Infentry and how we could make them a little more interesting and worth using more often in our games. The suggestion i have in mind includes adding a new mechanic to this unit called "paradrop" which as the name implies allow the unit to be parachuted from an airplane

pros :
      1 )) faster than air-assault.
      2 )) longer range.

cons :
      1 )) you won't be able to relocate once you drop and will have to travel on land after that so it will have to be used trategically.
      2 )) extremely vulnerable during parachuting as literally anything can take them down, making enemy choppers their darkest nightmare.

Please let me know what you think as well as sharing your own thoughts and ideas on the matter.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Silent Threat ().

• I was thinking of this when I realised how slow they walk. What a joke. Trying to get those guys to march.

I went two ways with my thoughts.
      First was because I was new and hadn’t worked out that to relocate aircraft to other airports you use the ferry button.
      And I really dident understand the airlift part where it states ferry range.
      Anyway so outta that term “ferry’ I thought choppers could pick up troops and ferry them to a drop off.
      With that in mind, the drop off could be considered a Para drop.

the other thought was more transporting airborne troops via airports. But anywhere along mid flight they can jump out.
    • 2 points would make them viable
      1- other air assault units that get it earlier than 9999th day of the game and give some armor damage
      2- this is the more important one stealth air fields that can only support them to give them some real surprise attack potential

- I don't think them allowing from ac carriers would help still a late game expensive unit
    • I hate airborne infantries speed val. I mean what modern military units March these days maybe they could drop troops transports or motorcycle if something with them and they could have less hp when moving and only get to capture the province they land in but i bassicly lose them unless I have an airfield right beside them and then I’d just use less vulnerable infantry