A THREAD FOR NEW UNIT SUGESTIONS(maybe the 100th thread about new units:)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A THREAD FOR NEW UNIT SUGESTIONS(maybe the 100th thread about new units:)

This is a thread Just for new unit suggestion so that our ideas can be seen by designers of the game in Dorado. New units suggestions are where our imagination kicks in, and it is fun to see what we can come up with. This thread is for just that, but keep it realistic and possible and provide as much information about your unit so that proper feed back and criticism can be provided by experienced players or the designers themselves. But this thread should have NO INSULTING, or NO MAKING FUN of others ideas.

Who shall start us off?

"The Greatest Battles are never fought with Men, but words" -Me
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• Ok if no one shall start us off I will. New Support vehicle. We have support vehicles for every type of unit. Support for Soft targets, hard targets and planes but not a set support vehicle for destroying navy. Either come up with a new unit for this job. OR give MRL's an upgrade to deal more damage to naval units.

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• TheShinwacker wrote:

Ok if no one shall start us off I will. New Support vehicle. We have support vehicles for every type of unit. Support for Soft targets, hard targets and planes but not a set support vehicle for destroying navy. Either come up with a new unit for this job. OR give MRL's an upgrade to deal more damage to naval units.
      you have railguns. Stack your MRL properly and you kick every NAVY.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

I want to lay out mines for all the inf spammers...hell how I will love that...
      Oooo, yes I would love that to. The was my next suggestion. Land mines... the Inf and MBT's worst nightmare.

• LAND MINES: Defend your home land with the infantry eating land mine. Used so that you do not need any units within your land beside these powerful units. The enemy cannot see them coming until it is too late. But be careful where you place them because you can't move them. Enjoy:)

Tier 1(Level 1): Anti-personal Soft targets; 7.0 hard targets; 2.5
      (level 2): Fragmentation, Soft targets; 8.0 Hard targets; 3.0
      Tier 2(Level 3): Anti-Vehicle, Soft targets; 10.0 Hard targets 6.0
      (Level 4): Armor piercing, Soft targets 12.0 Hard targets 8.0
      Tiers 3(Level 5): Modern Mines, Soft targets 14.0 Hard targets 10.0

DEPTH CHARGE: Defend your coast with the real terror of the seas. Unseen by all but corvettes and frigates but still feared because of their powerful capabilities to take out navies in one big explosion. Again you can't move them so place them strategically. Only three Tiers, can research Tier 1 depth charges after researching level 1 land mines, and so on(like how one can't research Naval ASF without researching regular ASF)

Tier 1: Basic Depth Charge, Naval Ships 8.0; Submarines 5.0
      Tier 2: Advanced Depth Charge, Naval Ships 11.0; Submarines 8.0
      Tier 3: Modern Depth Charge, Naval Ships 14.0; Submarines 10.0

Let me know what you think:)

• TheShinwacker wrote:

LAND MINES: Defend your home land with the infantry eating land mine. Used so that you do not need any units within your land beside these powerful units. The enemy cannot see them coming until it is too late. But be careful where you place them because you can't move them. Enjoy:)

Tier 1(Level 1): Anti-personal Soft targets; 7.0 hard targets; 2.5
      (level 2): Fragmentation, Soft targets; 8.0 Hard targets; 3.0
      Tier 2(Level 3): Anti-Vehicle, Soft targets; 10.0 Hard targets 6.0
      (Level 4): Armor piercing, Soft targets 12.0 Hard targets 8.0
      Tiers 3(Level 5): Modern Mines, Soft targets 14.0 Hard targets 10.0

DEPTH CHARGE: Defend your coast with the real terror of the seas. Unseen by all but corvettes and frigates but still feared because of their powerful capabilities to take out navies in one big explosion. Again you can't move them so place them strategically. Only three Tiers, can research Tier 1 depth charges after researching level 1 land mines, and so on(like how one can't research Naval ASF without researching regular ASF)

Tier 1: Basic Depth Charge, Naval Ships 8.0; Submarines 5.0
      Tier 2: Advanced Depth Charge, Naval Ships 11.0; Submarines 8.0
      Tier 3: Modern Depth Charge, Naval Ships 14.0; Submarines 10.0

Let me know what you think:)
      Depth charges ?? its not 1942. All Navy that do damage to Subs including naval patrol and naval choppers basically have anti sub torpedo's. You are describing sea mines not depth charges; which still some out in seas left over from WW2. Nt really a modern weapon.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • TheShinwacker wrote:

Would still be a good addition to the game, also would be quite fun to use:)
      How about some motes and catapults while we are going back in time. Heard about this fancy new bow that shoots like a gun. Maybe some Heavy Calvary to charge across the field.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• dont make fun of old weapon...i read in the news that greece wants to send old sowjet tanks to ukraine....and demands new tanks from germany...
      Actually i never quite understand why they all think we have military Equipment...lol

Only thing we have are high taxes, green activists and wind turbines covered with solar panels...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • TheShinwacker wrote:

I would argue warfare today is worse than it was back then(1900's and back).
      As a field commander absolutely. But the dependence on technology if/when gone could be key.

Chess was invented as a simple but complex game to teach military tactics. Not sure if computers are really better IRL combat.

I think someone quoted paraphrase or I just made up when Brits were like 10 v 1 against Nazis in air. "They are fighting for an army they were forced into. we are fighting to protect our mothers wives and daughters." Don't underestimate the will of men (and woman) to fight to protect what they love. Ukraine kind of proving that now.

• I say we should add a class (eg. fixed wing, rotary) for attack aircraft not quite as good as the elite attack aircraft but we need attack aircraft added to the normal non seasonal game since planes like the a-10 warthog are low flying they need they’re own class but how do we have EAH, EMBT, EAIPS, and EHB and all of those have not as advanced counterparts but we have no just normal atack aircraft. IK every one is gonna say oh we have sf but we need a unit with fair speed high hp and nice attack
    • I just had a great idea for a new support unit. A medical support unit.

Plan: a unit that you can research from day one to keep your units healthy and ready for battle. This unit will be fairly cheap (To research tier one; 1100sup. 900rm. 1500$?) but will have low health(10hp?) this units does no damage to any unit and has no defense against any units. The point of this unit is to have basically a mobile hospital, I hesitate to do this but a limit must be put on the amount of md's you can have on the field at once (5-10?) At tier one this units can raise the stacks health it is in by 2hp per day. The second tier can raise health by 4hp per day. Tier three, the units most capable tier, introduces an experienced team of military medical doctors able to raise a stacks health by a solid 8hp per day. If you look Into it these health boosts they are greater than the ones given by field hospitals or city hospitals. this unit gives you a superior advantage over your enemy, an ability to heal on the fly without having to stop and wait while you build your own hospitals.

let me know what you think, cause it think it would be great:)

• TheShinwacker wrote:

I just had a great idea for a new support unit. A medical support unit.

Plan: a unit that you can research from day one to keep your units healthy and ready for battle. This unit will be fairly cheap (To research tier one; 1100sup. 900rm. 1500$?) but will have low health(10hp?) this units does no damage to any unit and has no defense against any units. The point of this unit is to have basically a mobile hospital, I hesitate to do this but a limit must be put on the amount of md's you can have on the field at once (5-10?) At tier one this units can raise the stacks health it is in by 2hp per day. The second tier can raise health by 4hp per day. Tier three, the units most capable tier, introduces an experienced team of military medical doctors able to raise a stacks health by a solid 8hp per day. If you look Into it these health boosts they are greater than the ones given by field hospitals or city hospitals. this unit gives you a superior advantage over your enemy, an ability to heal on the fly without having to stop and wait while you build your own hospitals.

let me know what you think, cause it think it would be great:)
      woah dude a hospital truck that’s better than a lvl 5 military hospital i get the concept but they should not be better than even a field hospital they should max have + 2 hp but does not add to hospital say lvl 2 field (+2) does not make +4 still has + 2 hp per day