Does anyone secretly root against Coalition Partners ...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does anyone secretly root against Coalition Partners ...

You know the type that you watch doing stupid shit.. dont listen to advice... get attacked by AI and Insurgents non stop.

I know we have all had partners that kill 12k but lose 11k and some how by grace of god win.

I kind of root for AI / Insurgents ... lol.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

You know the type that you watch doing stupid shit.. dont listen to advice... get attacked by AI and Insurgents non stop.

I know we have all had partners that kill 12k but lose 11k and some how by grace of god win.

I kind of root for AI / Insurgents ... lol.
      Coalition members who are on my boarder, attack cities and then let cities go rogue, I follow nearby and take the rogue cities. I have warned some players in the past that this is what I will do if the behavior continues.

One coalition member who's empty country was bordering mine was invaded twice by sea and I had to bail his ass out. One game this dude just piggybacked another coalition member's invasion and didn't do any real fighting.

So, yes. Sometimes dealing with coalition members is more challenging than fighting opponents.
    • as germany you keep a low Profil. Only idiot attack in first day and waste their units in melee.
      But I kind of like those idiots. Easy farming targets. Once they are done with their 12k to 11k victory i move and an take over 14 cities.
      Thanks stupid.

To be honest i dont do coalitions with random players anymore. Its always disapointing.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • The best game I ever had was a rising tides map where I (as Patagonia) allied with Amazonia and Columbia. Amazonia was the best strategist I've ever allied with - the reason I joined up with him was so I could learn - and I most certainly did. I ended the game with 1600 of our coalition's 8000 vp's. Not very many, I know - but the lessons learned were so worth it. If we met in a game, kurtvonstein

kurtvonstein wrote:

To be honest i dont do coalitions with random players anymore. Its always disapointing.
      Would you take me on as an apprentice? Or are you simply too jaded at this point?
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D
    • In fact I do do give advice do my coalition mates. I guess some get realyl pissed by it...But i guess most of them benefit by it...,

I have to 2 games running...i dont do more then this at the same time but I am happy to make a game with you in the next time...write to me ingame...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Ooo, can I join in this fun? Even if I am not usually the leader of my coalition but I am usually the one to take over the strategy role:) I also do secretly root for my coalition member's destruction:) At least if the are not doing their job, and scared to take over AI cities:) I am playing a game currently where one of my coalition buds attacked Thailand, went inactive(Thailand also went inactive) And my coalition leader hasn't kicked him yet. Speaking of inactiveness, he also went inactive for a day or two(on vacation:) Leaving me and Japan to deal with our problems. This was all in the first six days:)
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• kurtvonstein wrote:

In fact I do do give advice do my coalition mates. I guess some get realyl pissed by it...But i guess most of them benefit by it...,

I have to 2 games running...i dont do more then this at the same time but I am happy to make a game with you in the next time...write to me ingame...
      I give up giving advice. maybe once or twice and most dont listen ;) so then tell them pick it up or get kicked. Im japan now; allied with manchuria as he looked promising early. But damn 7 days later he still hasn't beat an AI Mongolia. Like idiot sends 10 units to an empty prov than sends 1 unit to city to die...SMDH. Just noticed he built a Arms ind in a no resource prov.

He has that victory site off japan so I'm losing my patience as since then ive finished chutoko (which takes forever to clean up); philipines; papa new guaini; that victory site and about 80 pct done with australia.

Worse was chutoko as he didnt build any cities but decided great idea to create a field hospital on a island prov to my northwith pontoon and combat outpost. Then they idiot attacked me but bombed a empty mtn prov with a ASF for like 12 hrs; just ignored and would wait till he was at base and bomb him with EAA. then tried a failed invasion (EAAs great at killing troops on the dock while unloading for 2:15:00)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp