Opinions on the season 8 unit/Elite Attack Aircraft

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Teburu wrote:

The roles for units still stay mostly the same even when using EAA.

ASF to yeet other aircraft
      SAMs to yeet/zone ASF and establish a safe space
      Helis/EAA to kill SAMs
      Artillery to yeet any ground unit
      This is very misleading, with the stat of the EAA, the role is more like this:

ASF to yeet other aircraft
      SAMs to yeet/zone ASF and establish a safe space
      Helis/EAA to kill SAMs
      Artillery/EAA to yeet any ground unit
      EAA to yeet Heli alongside ASF

Teburu wrote:

The big thing is tho, that you can't see Helis coming because that'd require a lvl 4 awac at the very least, and unless you extend the peace period, that simply won't happen.
      I mean, you can see em coming with both CoN News and the buttload of airfield the opponent had to set up just to make their Heli becomes barely useable at all.

Teburu wrote:

EAA are also limited in numbers, not sure on the exact day you'll get to in terms of research, but you wont be able to field more than 10-15 of them in total

They have availability of 20 at T3, and with their firepower, we're talking the equivalent of 40-50 SFs from those 20 EEAs. At T1 it's limit to 10 but with with the firepower equivalent of 25 SFs. You can barely get 25 SFs before you have them upgraded to T2.

Teburu wrote:

It's also limited in terms of availability cuz season unit

I'm actually baffled that you think this is an argument against the OP-ness of EAA. Seasonal unit are limited for people who are not paying after the season ends. The reason why other Elite units didn't get blasted for being P2W in competitive no-gold games is because they are being balanced by having their features & stats shifted to other roles or just have some significant nerfs against their counterpart.
      EAA is the first elite unit that give a strong advantages for paying users for simply having access to it. You know what'll happen after this? Powercreep. The normal variants will be the "free" ones, Doritos will release more and more Elite unit that have superior stats to the free one should the current status of EAA sticks. at some point even a competitive no-gold game won't be able to escape the clutches of P2W.
    • vynical wrote:

I mean, you can see em coming with both CoN News and the buttload of airfield the opponent had to set up just to make their Heli becomes barely useable at all.
      Thats not the point, the point is them having low signature means that you wont get a radar contact for it

vynical wrote:

I'm actually baffled that you think this is an argument against the OP-ness of EAA. Seasonal unit are limited for people who are not paying after the season ends. The reason why other Elite units didn't get blasted for being P2W in competitive no-gold games is because they are being balanced by having their features & stats shifted to other roles or just have some significant nerfs against their counterpart.
      EAA is the first elite unit that give a strong advantages for paying users for simply having access to it. You know what'll happen after this? Powercreep. The normal variants will be the "free" ones, Doritos will release more and more Elite unit that have superior stats to the free one should the current status of EAA sticks. at some point even a competitive no-gold game won't be able to escape the clutches of P2W.
      I'm actually baffled that you think this is meant as an argument against the OP-ness of EAA at all.
      When the whole point is: "Are they strong? Yes. Do they replace Helis in their role? No."
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I'll give my two cents on this-

The EAA is very powerful early game when your enemies have little anti air.

Nations best suited to use this:
      Central European/Middle east due to high city concentration

Nations least suited: USA because you'll need like 20 airfields just to get anywhere close to the battle

How to counter:

Max your SAMs
      Max your ASF
      Use special forces to take out their planes by having them helicopter into their airport.
      Use your own EAA :D
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • way too strong too early in game IMO. I reality these EAA (like A-10 and frogfoot planes) built AFTER the appearance of SAMs which were the devastating counter to israeli Strike Fighters in first few days of 1973 Yom Kippur War. The rugged design and low altitude flying of EAAs allowed aircraft to once again re-enter the battlesapce in support of ground operations. In CoN however the EAA appears first and is strong enough (and cheap enough) to outbuild and outpace an opponents trying to counter with SAMs.
      I worry that this super strong early plane will turn CoN into a simple case of 'play planes or go home'? Only super active players checking every couple of hours to make the most of the EAA or trying counter it with the ASF with now be competitive and thus really narrow the number of players in CoN? Maps full of inactive and quitting players seems to be one of the biggest gripes and I can only see this made worse by the EAA? Much more so once this season ends, after that any new players wanting to join the CoN community (even if they a good player) will just get destroyed by longer term players who 'locked in' this super weapon. I suspect that most new players getting destroyed with no chance of being able to 'respond in kind' by making their own EAA will drop out from becoming a long term player?
      This dominance of super strong planes is what made me quit the sister WW2 game Call of War and come to CoN because the SAM created a balance. In Call of War AA was too weak (and only had point defence) so could not effectively counter planes. Thus the whole game strategy was simply make Tactical Bombers to blow up non-plane players and then have a bruising fight with any other plane players where victory usually went to the person who could remain active longest without having to go to sleep/work/toilet rather than any strategy. Until now the SAM in CoN gave some balance between air and land in the battlespace but the EAA currently disturbs that balance.

The post was edited 2 times, last by taylorwohlt ().

• you are totally right with your assessment @taylorwohlt. There is no practical defense from EAA in early game and they are cheaü and fast ro build. So starting feom day 4 they dominate the battlefield as superweapon.

Anyone argueing about low airfight battlestats. Who cares when the opponent is not activly online? Just bomb his airports with those EAA.
      Patrol with ASF is useless for offline player. Asf on patrol dont defend like SAM does. They only attack and a good timing you can just slip under radar. And smart player dont patrol aircraft when offline. They hide them.
      Aagun is to weak.
      Only useful defense is SAM...and you start of with less HP and higher costs, low mobility and high building requirements.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • I get that everything y’all are saying for now I’m taking advantage of it especially because I’m doing a challenge with only national guard and planes and it is op I stacked it with lvl 2 air ace and lvl EEA and they had 75 stack damage vs both soft and hard so yeah it’s rlly OP but I’m the only that I know of that has it and max asf with air officer could easily counter these so if I have too I’ll will do that max asf do 18 dmg plus 25% dmg boost with lv3 (I’m only rank 25-26) and air officer does I’m pretty sure 22 so rlly two attacks should kill them
    • taylorwohlt wrote:

... I reality these EAA (like A-10 and frogfoot planes) built AFTER the appearance of SAMs which were the devastating counter to israeli Strike Fighters in first few days of 1973 Yom Kippur War. ...
      This surprises me since the A-10 entered production in 1972 (first delivery dates, and first in0service dates are later), and it must have been on the drawing boards and in development (prototypes, etc.) for many years before that.
    • Math lesson real quick

lvl 3 air ace - 12dmg (fixed) + 25% = 15
      Max ASF -18dmg (fixed) + 25% = 22.5

22.5 x 4 = 90

90 + 15 = 105

Max EAA - 35 hp

35 x 5 = 175

Max EEA - 3 vs fixed

3x5 = 15 x 8% = 16.5

Max ASF - 25 hp

25 x 4 = 100

Lvl 3 Air Ace - 40 hp

ASF stack - 140 hp

EAA stack - 175 hp

In battle
      EAA stack 175 - 105 = 70hp
      ASF stack loses 140 - 16.5 = 123.5hp

in order to destroy EAA stack takes 2 ASF stack attacks

in the end
      EAA = 0hp
      ASF = - 16.5 x 2 = -33 = 107hp

Now ask yourself is EAA really unkillable
    • only noobs send bombers unprotected into unknown enemy territory.

Germans did this in second world war when they bombed UK cities. Results are known.

So if you really catch a stack of 5 x lvl 3 eaa unprotected and you kill 3 of them. How stupid is it to think i send rhe last 2 as well for slaughter?

This is where math meet reality.

Furthermore we talked about early game. So eaa has 25 HP and you fighter does 6,5 damage...do your math again and conaider that my eaa kill you fighters while refuelling...
      Little advantage for western doctrine they can upgradd3 to lvl 3 very early. Lvl 3 for asf is crucial as it nearly doubles fighting values.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • How hard/easy they are to counter is not really the point.
      The obscene early damage paired with cheap building requirements and high unit limit are. (And ofc the insane army boost)
      EAA giving SAMs and anything that is not ASF a really hard time countering them is just a mere byproduct of it.

A Unit that does Infinite damage but is slow and only has 1 HP is not hard to counter, doesn't make it any less OP.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Capnhappy wrote:

This talk of nerfing... It is not good.
      Ahhh but it was inevitable :)

It took a while, but I come bearing a bit of information for you lot.

Firstly, thank you very much for the constructive discussions. I'm really happy to see players engage with one another and even though it can get heated, discourse seems to be in good faith.

So, yes, the unit will be nerfed to a degree. We definitely know that it's early game potential and stats are very, strong. We don't intend to keep it this way, things will be adjusted.

I saw a lot of good propositions, anecdotes, experiences and some concerns. I cannot confirm or deny specifics yet, as this is subject to internal discussion.

What I will say though, is that (as many of you picked up on), our intention is to encourage players to invest in Air Superiority, and to further make ASF an attractive choice. Did we succeed in this? Yes, and no, depending on who you ask. As I acknowledged, the unit is very strong, and that will be touched on. Nonetheless, these units will have a air-ground dominance unless players invest in air superiority, that is the vision here and I don't see it changing drastically. Heck, maybe buffing other units in tandem is the way to go.

We'll be discussing in the coming days/weeks, and watching this thread, so by all means feedback is welcome.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Yak wrote:

What I will say though, is that (as many of you picked up on), our intention is to encourage players to invest in Air Superiority, and to further make ASF an attractive choice. Did we succeed in this? Yes, and no, depending on who you ask. As I acknowledged, the unit is very strong, and that will be touched on. Nonetheless, these units will have a air-ground dominance unless players invest in air superiority, that is the vision here and I don't see it changing drastically. Heck, maybe buffing other units in tandem is the way to go.
      This will be a tough one if you're referring to having ordinary players come to the realization that ASF are more useful than many other units that get built by typical players in typical public games.

The ordinary SF was already often wiping out those typical players quickly and easily, and ASFs were still pretty rare.

Maybe some sort of education campaign, or maybe giving them more of a hint by giving starting positions two ASF will help?

Good luck.