Opinions on the season 8 unit/Elite Attack Aircraft

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A lot of "best" players are overrated. It's not that hard to play 100 games and rush EAA and strike fighters and do the same thing and rush everyone and get high kd ratio. But if you play 100 games like that you keep doing the same thing over and over so you only have the experience of a few games. Your experience tends to be narrow and becomes very limited.

That sounds rude, reading it. It's not directed to anyone specific especially since I've never seen Opulon. But his last post is spot on

The post was edited 1 time, last by Admira G1 ().

• Opulon wrote:

Yes.

One pony tricks, as we call them ^^.

OODA cycle is real
      If you care to know, the expression is '"one trick pony", not "one pony tricks". 'One' has to modify the # of tricks for it to make sense, not the number of Ponies,
      or
      French people might just be weird. :)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Opulon wrote:

Yes.

One pony tricks, as we call them ^^.

OODA cycle is real
      If you care to know, the expression is '"one trick pony", not "one pony tricks". 'One' has to modify the # of tricks for it to make sense, not the number of Ponies,or
      French people might just be weird. :)
      Maybe he just can’t afford more than one pony?
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Tom_Cruise wrote:

I'm trying to secure the season badge as EAA is a game changer.

How many season points is killing each unit worth? Or is there a different value for each type of unit killed?
      for now, until the great nerfing
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Bring on the nerf! These things are ridiculous.

I'm only 19 days into my first game since EAAs appeared (and I didn't even realise they existed for about 8 days of that!), so my experience with them is very limited so far... But:

I don't see the point in building helicopters ever again. I don't really see the point in building any form of artillery, either. Don't see myself bothering with missiles, or long range bombers. I don't see the point in building any kind of variety into my land force composition anymore (SAMs, infantry, radar maybe - that's about it). You still need a navy and you still need ASFs, but then your EAAs can do everything else.

Sorry if I'm repeating things that have already been said here. Just wanted to add my thoughts:

I don't think they necessarily need to nerf the combat damage or HP values, but they definitely need to nerf their ease of availability. Delay L1 research until at least day 5 or 6, reduce the number of them you can field at each level (by about half), increase the research and mobilization costs, increase the building prerequisites (airbase L3, maybe secret weapons lab as well?).

Perhaps reduce the size of their blue patrol circle as well, so it's similar to the HB's? Maybe nerf their range by a small amount?

The post was edited 2 times, last by WalterChang ().

• EAA can still easily be countered by air superiority but if enemy comes with airsup and eaa than it will be a problem. In that case I will have to rely on my good old tactic of destroying enemy airbases with missiles provided they don't have TDM.Another option will be to create a shiled wall of elite railguns which move towards their airbases.

My updated ranking of ELITE units

1. Elite bomber
      2. Elite railgun
      3.Elite attack aircraft
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • WalterChang wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I'm only 19 days into my first game since EAAs appeared (and I didn't even realise they existed for about 8 days of that!), so my experience with them is very limited so far... But:

I don't see the point in building helicopters ever again. I don't really see the point in building any form of artillery, either. Don't see myself bothering with missiles, or long range bombers. I don't see the point in building any kind of variety into my land force composition anymore (SAMs, infantry, radar maybe - that's about it). You still need a navy and you still need ASFs, but then your EAAs can do everything else.

Sorry if I'm repeating things that have already been said here. Just wanted to add my thoughts:

I don't think they necessarily need to nerf the combat damage or HP values, but they definitely need to nerf their ease of availability. Delay L1 research until at least day 5 or 6, reduce the number of them you can field at each level (by about half), increase the research and mobilization costs, increase the building prerequisites (airbase L3, maybe secret weapons lab as well?).

Perhaps reduce the size of their blue patrol circle as well, so it's similar to the HB's? Maybe nerf their range by a small amount?

Dracula wrote:

EAA can still easily be countered by air superiority but if enemy comes with airsup and eaa than it will be a problem. In that case I will have to rely on my good old tactic of destroying enemy airbases with missiles provided they don't have TDM.Another option will be to create a shiled wall of elite railguns which move towards their airbases.

1. Elite bomber
      2. Elite railgun
      3.Elite attack aircraft
      ???
      The enemy could have a full wing of EAAs by day 3-5, don't understand how you get missiles by then
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Bring on the nerf! These things are ridiculous.I'm only 19 days into my first game since EAAs appeared (and I didn't even realise they existed for about 8 days of that!), so my experience with them is very limited so far... But:

Dracula wrote:

EAA can still easily be countered by air superiority but if enemy comes with airsup and eaa than it will be a problem. In that case I will have to rely on my good old tactic of destroying enemy airbases with missiles provided they don't have TDM.Another option will be to create a shiled wall of elite railguns which move towards their airbases.

1. Elite bomber
      2. Elite railgun
      3.Elite attack aircraft
      ???The enemy could have a full wing of EAAs by day 3-5, don't understand how you get missiles by then
      Air superiority fighters
    • Dracula wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Bring on the nerf! These things are ridiculous.I'm only 19 days into my first game since EAAs appeared (and I didn't even realise they existed for about 8 days of that!), so my experience with them is very limited so far... But:

Dracula wrote:

1. Elite bomber
      2. Elite railgun
      3.Elite attack aircraft
      ???The enemy could have a full wing of EAAs by day 3-5, don't understand how you get missiles by then
      Air superiority fighters
      Earliest you could reasonably get missiles without jeapordizing your security would be around day 15.
      Enemy would have 5 EAA and 5 ASF by day 9 latest.

... I don't get your argument
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

Dracula wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Bring on the nerf! These things are ridiculous.I'm only 19 days into my first game since EAAs appeared (and I didn't even realise they existed for about 8 days of that!), so my experience with them is very limited so far... But:I don't see the point in building helicopters ever again. I don't really see the point in building any form of artillery, either. Don't see myself bothering with missiles, or long range bombers. I don't see the point in building any kind of variety into my land force composition anymore (SAMs, infantry, radar maybe - that's about it). You still need a navy and you still need ASFs, but then your EAAs can do everything else.

Dracula wrote:

1. Elite bomber
      2. Elite railgun
      3.Elite attack aircraft
      Air superiority fighters
      Earliest you could reasonably get missiles without jeapordizing your security would be around day 15.Enemy would have 5 EAA and 5 ASF by day 9 latest.

... I don't get your argument
      Missiles for late game, airsuperiority for early game, if he is building both air sup and eaa and you only airsup as fighter in early days,clearly you will have more air sup in early days and achieve air superiority,
    • Dracula wrote:

1. Elite bomber
      2. Elite railgun
      3.Elite attack aircraft
      Just because it can „easily“ be countered, doesn’t make it any less busted.

Also your ranking of elite units is pretty bad.

Bomber for example while being pretty neat, certainly doesnt get the #1 spot, maybe not even #3.

#1 would be elite sub, simply because of how it subverts the entirety of naval warfare
      #2 goes to elite heli/eaa; tho we will have to see how they perform after changes
      #3 is fairly open for grabs; simply because all the outstanding units are already placed higher. Probably would but Bomber here simply because Railgun is highly overrated
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Dracula wrote:

1. Elite bomber
      2. Elite railgun
      3.Elite attack aircraft
      Just because it can „easily“ be countered, doesn’t make it any less busted.
      Also your ranking of elite units is pretty bad.

Bomber for example while being pretty neat, certainly doesnt get the #1 spot, maybe not even #3.

#1 would be elite sub, simply because of how it subverts the entirety of naval warfare
      #2 goes to elite heli/eaa; tho we will have to see how they perform after changes
      #3 is fairly open for grabs; simply because all the outstanding units are already placed higher. Probably would but Bomber here simply because Railgun is highly overrated
      Everyone has its own choices but 60 percent of the games I won by single handedly defeating 2 or 3 players of the final remaining coalition was due to missiles on their cities ,30 percent by using high level long range ships to wipe out their navy and destroy port cities and 10 percent by strike fighers.
    • Tom_Cruise wrote:

How many season points is killing each unit worth? Or is there a different value for each type of unit killed?
      To earn Season Points I'm working on farming the AI & Insurgents in a couple of BGUSA games (I'm leaving the other players alone until they've dropped out).

I think the value of a unit (in Season Points) matches the unit's tech level. They aren't all 1 point each.

Also I think I've figured out that if you totally wipe out an AI country's units and non-city provinces, the cities stop making units. That makes a tamed AI country a terrible place to farm.

As a result, in the game that's further along, I've used my maxxed out morale subtractions to my advantage.

I'm keeping my VPs below win-the-game-levels and I'm running around capturing but not defending cities, with a result of triggering lots of rebellions.

Those rebellions create a supply of insurgents I can curb stomp with my air units.

Killing late-game Insurgents at 3? season points per unit seems to be working well.
    • Again, nerfing is wrong. Find another way to counter the unit, whether it be by a counter units, buffs to others, etc. But don't give us a fun toy, break it and then tell us it's just as fun now as when it had 2 wings.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• WalterChang wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

this is …the damage that they do is what makes them too op. Their health and damage needs to be both nerfed, because their health makes them a flying tank and anti anti air, and also makes them harder to be killed by ASF
      Their damage makes them too op, worthy of lvl 1 stealth SF and lvl 6,7 Gunship stats and Attack helicopters