Opinions on the season 8 unit/Elite Attack Aircraft

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• in the end ypu hope to catch them refuelling on the ground with your own elite bombers

Building requirements are just to low and number of units...you can spam 10 beast till day 8...and have mor firepower then woth notmal SF after day 24...

Total gamechanger...i am waiting to see if SAMs can do the trick but i doubt it cause of HP ratio...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

in the end ypu hope to catch them refuelling on the ground with your own elite bombers

Building requirements are just to low and number of units...you can spam 10 beast till day 8...and have mor firepower then woth notmal SF after day 24...

Total gamechanger...i am waiting to see if SAMs can do the trick but i doubt it cause of HP ratio...
      yeah what are they 35 hp x 5 = 160 hp.... hit with 5 planes going to dish out 50 hp lvl1 to 75 hp lvl3 damage. Someone would need like 5 stacked SAMS to stand a chance.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • There are some features the dev took away from the elite attack aircraft in an attempt to balance the unit when compared with SF, but those are easily negated:
      - No radar -> just stack one or multiple ASFs with them
      - Low air combat strength, specfically 50% that of SF -> same as above. You don't exactly use SF to fight air besides chopper anyway.
      - No cruise missile -> Again, mix some ASFs in.
      - High radar signal, always (SF & ASF have low radar signal at T3) -> this is throwaway feature as far as I'm concerned, who cares if my plane pop up on your radar if your radar is dead in 5 min?
      - Slower flight speed compared to SF, but faster than Heavies
      - Shorter range compared to SF, still longer than Heli -> so, uh, build a few more airfields?
      - Requires another research (ASF/SF) before it can be researched
      - Upkeep cost requires components instead of money
      - Okay, mobilization limit of 10, 15, 20. But, read the advantages below.

On the other hand, the advantage of the unit is insane:
      - 250% attack power of SF for soft & hard target. (10 vs. 4). Even at T2, it already outguns Stealth SF. Who needs stealth when your opponent is dead?
      - Cheaper cost than SF. In fact, it's the most cost effective unit damage-wise against ground. Did I mention that it can deal damage equivalent to 2.5 SF (even more with its boost)? at cheaper cost?
      - Can land on aircraft carrier for free.
      - More HP than SF (even with doctrine, SF have 24 HP at T1 and 30 at T3, this chonky boi has 25HP at T1 and 35 at T3). Moreover, for airplane, the tankier they are, the faster they heal at base since they all get converted to 15HP at ground.
      - Better sight range than ASF & SF. Okay it's not that impressive but early game when you haven't unlocked T2 radar (or even T1) for inf detection, this is pretty huge.
      - 2%, 4%, 8% Army Boost, and oh boy it stacks as well.
      - Storm Position at T3: Wait, their raw attack power and army boost alone are not enough? You want them to do pure damage on top?

Okay, so an unit that is much, much stronger, tankier, heal faster, AND cheaper than SF? This unit makes ASF a requirement in any game just to prepare for the possibility of someone fielding them. It also makes both SF and heli becomes utter garbage imo. Sure, you can use heli to fly under the radar (heh) and surprise your enemies with some bruises and scratch, but what about completely annihilating them with extreme violence and pure damage?

The post was edited 4 times, last by vynical ().

• In all honesty it is pretty OP.

Just imagine starting early game then seeing on the news this is already being used. Gonna keep you up all night with you waiting to defend with you troops that will likely get wiped out pretty quickly.

People def gonna abuse this from time to time but in a casual game with friends where the competition is friendly it really keeps you on your toes and makes things even more dangerous as you scramble to quickly research AA or ASF

I mean sure, you could def be a good person and not use this to be... fair but... who am I kidding ima wipe out the enemy, this is war we talking bout 8)

In all seriousness though this is definitely OP and a big step up from the UAV and Elite Swarm from the last seasons. So enjoy it while you can because Dorado may nerf it in the future.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xXWolfXx ().

• xXWolfXx wrote:

In all honesty it is pretty OP.

Just imagine starting early game then seeing on the news this is already being used. Gonna keep you up all night with you waiting to defend with you troops that will likely get wiped out pretty quickly.
      Funny you said that as I started pumping these way early .. think on my doctrine day 2. First few kills I hit units almost dead then killed off with troops or just ASF to hide fact I had this weapon early on as if I see this on CoN on another country early; I'm thinking how fast can I take out this dudes cities.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

In all honesty it is pretty OP.

People def gonna abuse this from time to time but in a casual game with friends where the competition is friendly it really keeps you on your toes and makes things even more dangerous as you scramble to quickly research AA or ASF

I mean sure, you could def be a good person and not use this to be... fair but... who am I kidding ima wipe out the enemy, this is war we talking bout 8)

In all seriousness though this is definitely OP and a big step up from the UAV and Elite Swarm from the last seasons. So enjoy it while you can because Dorado may nerf it in the future.
      Its really not that different from someone having Strikers early on, really the only difference is damage.
      Doesnt really matter if Strikers or EAA, without Asf you’re fucked either way.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Hmm, I am surprised no one mentioned using the fixed wing officer or helicopter officer with these flying tanks.

Put these in a stack with an air officer and set it to patrol in a target rich environment

Yo, let’s be honest here, those things do less damage, or about the same damage as 1 lvl 2 EAA
      PLUS THE EAA IS CHEAPER!! You can make tons of them, and you’re gonna just waste so much resource on those officers for nothing.