Battle of Active

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

Folks,

I'm looking forward to (somehow squeezing into my schedule) a fun game. However, I don't think that barely getting enough players scraped together to be able to maybe start it would bode well for the rest of the experience.

Cool your jets for a bit longer and wait for a full list of solid player-commitments (PLUS a few spares (something ALWAYS goes wrong)) - Then help Kurt submit a strong request to the Dorado folks.

Please don't pester Kurt to submit a request that is 20% dead before the game even starts.
      Amen!
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D
    • KFGauss wrote:

Folks,

I'm looking forward to (somehow squeezing into my schedule) a fun game. However, I don't think that barely getting enough players scraped together to be able to maybe start it would bode well for the rest of the experience.

Cool your jets for a bit longer and wait for a full list of solid player-commitments (PLUS a few spares (something ALWAYS goes wrong)) - Then help Kurt submit a strong request to the Dorado folks.

Please don't pester Kurt to submit a request that is 20% dead before the game even starts.
      Well, I have 6 games where no one is active. OK.
      If you don't lose, you don't learn"
      -me
    • Actually, I'm out. Just had it with this game. I just had a stack of 5 elite attack aircraft get attacked while they were on the ground by 4 damaged level 2 gunships. The gunships did over 40 points of damage!!! They killed two of the aircraft and left the remaining three badly damaged.

Where in the sam-blazin hell did Dorado hire the programmers for this game? Craigslist?!? FFS!

And yes I put in a bug report. And like the last 3-5 bug reports I've put in, I'm expecting it to get filed in the incinerator and never even read, heaven forbid *responded* to. No seriously, I can't recall the last time I logged a bug report that got an actual response. (remember the inability of aircraft to attack naval units via patrol? I logged a report in each of the games I was playing for that - never heard shit!) So yeah, screw this game!
    • Liax wrote:

The only wish for the game is to agree not to use gold.
      Well I would favour this and play qithout Gold as always. But I cant go to Dorado and say: please give me a free speckal and and make it Gold free...this kind of kills every incentive.
      If there are really more then 80% active player then no one can really dominate with gold.

KFGauss wrote:

Folks,

you are definitly right on this one. I dont wanne spoil the fun. Furthermore I am quite busy with real life, so I had to reduce my online time a bit.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • About Gold - If this thread's main idea has "legs", what the players should do is agree that they will each buy and use Gold - Maybe $5 US?

If I'm in the game, I don't mind if everyone gets a (limited) resource called gold.

Maybe the first 5 players who get defeated (not dropouts) get a credit good for free entry into the next Battle of Active?

If I'm on the Dorado end of the deal, I'm happier to set up the game if it brings in $100 to $125 or so in revenue.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• KFGauss wrote:

About Gold - If this thread's main idea has "legs", what the players should do is agree that they will each buy and use Gold - Maybe $5 US?

If I'm in the game, I don't mind if everyone gets a (limited) resource called gold.

Maybe the first 5 players who get defeated (not dropouts) get a credit good for free entry into the next Battle of Active?

If I'm on the Dorado end of the deal, I'm happier to set up the game if it brings in $100 to $125 or so in revenue.
      Ive suggested this exact same thing a dozen times to Dorado. They would make more $$ this way instead of spamming 100 games and hope for a few golders.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • While I'm not opposed to using some method to make gold-free games profitable for Dorado, notice that I suggested that everyone could buy an identical, limited amount of Gold; and that during this one game they wouldn't be able to use more.

I'm guessing that Dorado might like that more (if their software lets them do it) than a game that forbids Gold. They might want to get players to realize that using modest amounts of Gold doesn't signal the end of the world is near.
    • KFGauss wrote:

While I'm not opposed to using some method to make gold-free games profitable for Dorado, notice that I suggested that everyone could buy an identical, limited amount of Gold; and that during this one game they wouldn't be able to use more.

I'm guessing that Dorado might like that more (if their software lets them do it) than a game that forbids Gold. They might want to get players to realize that using modest amounts of Gold doesn't signal the end of the world is near.
      Elite matches already prohibit gold; so code is there. whether you buy $5 in gold or $5 entry fee same thing. But then the rest of game would be on honor system.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Elite matches already prohibit gold; so code is there. whether you buy $5 in gold or $5 entry fee same thing. But then the rest of game would be on honor system.
      $5 Gold or $5 Entry Fee would be the same short-term thing.

Learning that using Gold isn't a moral failure is aimed at creating a long-term result.

So, the two alternatives aren't the same thing.
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

About Gold - If this thread's main idea has "legs", what the players should do is agree that they will each buy and use Gold - Maybe $5 US?

Ive suggested this exact same thing a dozen times to Dorado. They would make more $$ this way instead of spamming 100 games and hope for a few golders.
      As much as i would like to agree with you,

60 players all paying 5 $ is wildly below what a single people with a gambling problem may spend in a single day in a single of his maps. This asian-leaning business model is not going away (sadly).
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

60 players all paying 5 $ is wildly below what a single people with a gambling problem may spend in a single day in a single of his maps. This asian-leaning business model is not going away (sadly).
      probably right. Ive run into guys probably dropping a Hundy a day and they still lose. I rather enjoy it (I should get commission); when beat guy down in a few battles; comes back next day with 1.5 times stuff....beat him. Day 3 he drops mad coin on Toys he doesnt know how to use; kill them. Usually like 4 or 5 days then they quit.

Another player who was friendly sent me a screenshot and saw he had 550k gold in account. Like who has $200 (had to look it up) of spare gold laying around?

• What do you consider active? Plays for 4 hours a day? 8? I check the map every 30-60 minutes all day. Check things out, ready units and research, move and mobilize then I close. Unless there's a fight I need to be online for hours straight I don't.

Also Opulon has good points and I can see that happening. My suggestion, if you wanna play against active and experienced players, join an alliance or even join a public map solo and fight against the active players. Every map I see coalitions just dumping members as soon as they find one that has more points or stronger one emerges. They stack their coalition and win that way
    • Opulon wrote:

well thats why the spam so many games with an average of 10% active players, so that in every 1000th game they catch a big whale with a gambling Problem?

Well i dont want an alliance match just a game with lots of active members and a geoup dynamic that is not preset yet.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Opulon wrote:

well thats why the spam so many games with an average of 10% active players, so that in every 1000th game they catch a big whale with a gambling Problem?
      Well i dont want an alliance match just a game with lots of active members and a geoup dynamic that is not preset yet.
      Worst game for this is World of Warcraft (think thats what it was called); which got into before CoN. I was one of top gunslingers in that game like top 50 in kills but like 500th in size. But damn the top 20 players had to be dropping like 5 bills a week on payday. Could see people grow exponentially on Fridays ;) But that model was like cra-ck dealers. First pack they would give you for $5 and didnt include gold it was X amount of speedups; y amount of added stuff cant even remember. Get the golder addicted on cheap cra-ck. then next pack was $19.99 (you could no longer buy the $5 pack) then $49...the $100. lol.