"National guard is good" my ass

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Teburu wrote:

LargeLampard\ wrote:

National guard is only good mid to late game.
      It's bad against insurgents until lv3. But at lv3, it has better use.

I only use National guard after I have enough strike force and lv2 hospital.
      To capture lands and to counter coalition member if they decide to go against me. (I'll have more units than others for capturing cities).
      If you're using motorized infantry, there's no point producing national guards unless you're the dominant one and want to end fast.
      Lvl 2 is enough, 3 doesn’t give anything besides a speedboost
      Yes I'm wrong about that, mixed everything up, my bad.
      Against insurgents, lv2. against player lv3.
    • Zozo001 wrote:

LargeLampard\ wrote:

It's bad against insurgents until lv3.
      No it is not, actually. A single Lvl1 NG garrison easily defeats a revolt, so what more you'd want?
      Yes it probably defeats the first revolt, and city satisfaction suck like 20% because it takes too much time to end, then another revolt comes, cities broken, troops suffering.
      Maybe it works for you but it doesn't work for my math. And I'll change my mind after I met player dealing insurgents with lv1 NG successfully.
    • shrek6satan wrote:

I don't know why you guys insist on using national guard. They're too weak and till you have a good airforce or good artillery you have to rely on melee face it.
      the first plane is built right after the factory the second plane is built after the factory and the airfield 40% they won’t even reach you in time you will have 4 planes in extreme cases you put a bunker on the advanced cities the national guard is needed to cheaply take and hold cities after sweeping by air or navy
    • LargeLampard\ wrote:

Yes it probably defeats the first revolt, and city satisfaction suck like 20% because it takes too much time to end, then another revolt comes, cities broken, troops suffering.Maybe it works for you but it doesn't work for my math. And I'll change my mind after I met player dealing insurgents with lv1 NG successfully.
      LOL your description does not fit real game situations, and your "math" is not one.

And I am a player who's been dealing with insurgents with lv1 NG very successfully.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • To inject actual data into this discussion,
      I've recently recorded the revolt of an insurgent against a garrisoned single NG.
      The HPs and strengths after each combat tick were as follows:

Tick1: NG 13.1 ATK 1.4 DEF 3.0; insurgent 12.9 ATK 2.0 DEF 2.0
      Tick2: NG 11.1 ATK 1.2 DEF 2.7; insurgent 9.9 ATK 1.7 DEF 1.7
      Tick3: NG 9.5 ATK 1.1 DEF 2.4; insurgent 7.2 ATK 1.5 DEF 1.5
      Tick4: NG 8.0 ATK 1.0 DEF 2.2; insurgent 5.2 ATK 1.3 DEF 1.3
      Tick5: NG 6.5 ATK 0.9 DEF 1.9; insurgent 3.3 ATK 1.1 DEF 1.1
      Tick6: NG 5.4 ATK 0.8 DEF 1.7; insurgent 1.0 ATK 0.9 DEF 0.9
      Tick7: NG 4.6 ATK 0.7 DEF 1.6; insurgent destroyed

So the NG squashes the revolt, due to its strong DEF.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zozo001 ().

• Zozo001 wrote:

LargeLampard\ wrote:

Yes it probably defeats the first revolt, and city satisfaction suck like 20% because it takes too much time to end, then another revolt comes, cities broken, troops suffering.Maybe it works for you but it doesn't work for my math. And I'll change my mind after I met player dealing insurgents with lv1 NG successfully.
      LOL your description does not fit real game situations, and your "math" is not one.
      And I am a player who's been dealing with insurgents with lv1 NG very successfully.
      Are you ZOZO001, rank76 ?
      If yes then it proves my point.