New update: cities per country (ww3 4x)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New update: cities per country (ww3 4x)

Russia: 9
      USA: 9
      China: 9
      India: 8
      Brazil: 8
      Iran: 7
      France: 7
      Germany: 7

6 cities:
      Canada
      Ukraine
      Poland
      Indonesia
      Australia
      Turkey
      Egypt
      Kazakhstan
      Sweden
      Argentina
      Mozambique
      Bolivia
      Japan
      Chad
      Myanmar
      UK
      Afghanistan
      Venezuela
      Algeria
      Pakistan
      Spain
      Thailand
      Italy
      Belarus
      Peru
      Colombia
      Saudi Arabia
      Romania
      Ethiopia
      Iraq
      Vietnam
      Syria

5 cities: other
      I suggest returning the old number of cities.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tzztzttztz ().

• I really don't get this update. If you essentially want to make the games go on longer, why don't you take a city away from every country? It's just completly unfair that Iran, China and France got to keep all their cities, while others got their's reduced. I really liked to play Italy for example but now France is just objectively better. We're currently living in a world were fucking Iran is among the strongest Nations, meanwhile Poland, with it's terrible position, has only 6 cities. That doesn't sound like balancing to me.

It feels like like Boss of Dorado just told his employees, :" Some players are unsatisfied with the game, quick just introduce some new update, I don't care which"!
    • S1914 Tutorian 2.0 ...

I dislike that.

This means 5x cities turning to 4x cities, examples: Serbia, Israel and Austria has 5x cities, later turning to 4x
      cities. (in future)

S and N Korean 4x cities turning to 3x cities too. (in future)

Uhhh... I dislike reducing city from every nations (-1x city per nation).
      Guns are always loaded.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GunlessLands ().

• The Philippines were formally a 6 city nation before the update, now they are 5.
      Not that I agree with taking away cities, but they were formerly 6.

575-Kranzegrad wrote:

S1914 Tutorian 2.0 ...

I dislike that.

This means 5x cities turning to 4x cities, examples: Serbia,
      Philippines, Israel and Austria has 5x cities, later turning to 4x
      cities.

S and N Korean 4x cities turning to 3x cities too.

• Jeremy_3022 wrote:

The Philippines were formally a 6 city nation before the update, now they are 5.
      Not that I agree with taking away cities, but they were formerly 6.

575-Kranzegrad wrote:

S1914 Tutorian 2.0 ...

I dislike that.

This means 5x cities turning to 4x cities, examples: Serbia, Israel and Austria has 5x cities, later turning to 4x

cities. (in future)

S and N Korean 4x cities turning to 3x cities too. (in future)

I started new map since yesterday, first i tough it's was bugs, but i saw today this updates, i got... mad.

I DISAGREE that about reducing cities.
      Guns are always loaded.

The post was edited 4 times, last by GunlessLands ().

• guacanagarix wrote:

This will only bring more inactive players bc who is going to play mexico now with 5 cities or cuba or so on lol haha more inactive players but more gold for devs !!!

Yes, that's exactly why they did this. Existing too many ways to make money with a game like this, and they had to choose the worst. Coz of course they know less cities equals less resources, that equals more no0b players (or desperate ones) buying gold. They could have started selling skins or making an elite faction that only Security Council players could use, but no, they preferred the grandiose idea of making the crappy countries even crappier and the cool ones on the way of being crappy too
    • Eren Yeager wrote:

The thing is that a lot of people won't even play WW3 anymore because of this. They'll just move to Rising Tides instead, so I really don't understand the Dev's thoughts while making this update. It's not even gonna give them a lot more cash, the overall interest in the game will just go down.
      I hope for that to happen, so maybe they may take things back. Or even better, they will actually hear us and wont cut cities away, but to adding more instead
    • TheGENOC1D3R wrote:

Eren Yeager wrote:

The thing is that a lot of people won't even play WW3 anymore because of this. They'll just move to Rising Tides instead, so I really don't understand the Dev's thoughts while making this update. It's not even gonna give them a lot more cash, the overall interest in the game will just go down.
      I hope for that to happen, so maybe they may take things back. Or even better, they will actually hear us and wont cut cities away, but to adding more instead
      Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. Would be cool if we could start a petition to remove that part of the update but I don't know how much Dorado pays attention to stuff like that.
    • Eren Yeager wrote:

TheGENOC1D3R wrote:

Eren Yeager wrote:

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. Would be cool if we could start a petition to remove that part of the update but I don't know how much Dorado pays attention to stuff like that.
      Stop buying gold and I assure you they will notice pretty soon
    • i agree with everyone that reducing number of cities is a retrograde step. 5-6-7 city countries are VERY different in power
      5 city country only has one of each resource = 3rd rate power. can only make couple of infantry and maybe one special unit a day plus limited in trying to upgrade buildings and keep research going :(
      6 city country usually has extra Supply city = 2nd rate power. Supplies good for extra infantry, corvettes (weakest ship) and gunship helicopter (weakest air unit) and the MRL that great when can finally make them
      7 city + has extra Supply AND ALL IMPORTANT component = 1st rate super power material. that extra Component allows powerful higher tech units like the new super powerful Elite Attack Aircraft that dominates the early game, the ASF that controls the air and is only real counter to the Attack plane plus the Frigate that can sail under hostile skies to bomb down enemy core cities to destroy their production. This extra power means quicker expansion for even more resources, units that allow further expansion in a run-away snowball effect.

Downgrading most countries to 5-6 city second or third rate powers just really limits the number of attractive 1st rate power countries worth trying to join a map with? I dont use gold so i need all the help i can get! I have a list of 'good cities' for each map and when i go to join a map, if these already all taken I reject joining that game and wait for the next one to start and try there.

Generally these super power 7+ countries have a 'handicap' of bad position with multiple enemies like 7 city France having 6 city Spain one side, 7 city Germany the other and 6 city England hovering nearby! This is of course where diplomacy pays off. I organise with my Alliance buddies to join the same game and try go for 'back-to-back' super powers that helps reduce this handicap and gives a really good start that almost always guarantees a good end :) Given the reduction in 7+ cities available on the map now, then an Alliance joining into a map in a back-to-back combo like France and Germany (in the west) or India and China (in the east) with extra buddies trying to join as strong Iran or Russia in the middle seem to be the only countries really worth trying to team together now?
    • So many of these countries didn’t need a nerf… when have you ever seen USA or Russia win a game? Incredibly hard to defend, massive targets, and they get nerfed. This does seem like a method to increase gold at the expensive of player experience and is going to contribute to the ever growing issue of afk empty games. Nobody wants to stick around and wait for resources then they get wiped before building anything. would rather they have just increased the SC membership price or added other shop items like somebody mentioned. That would have achieved their goals of profits AND kept the player base happy.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

So many of these countries didn’t need a nerf… when have you ever seen USA or Russia win a game? Incredibly hard to defend, massive targets, and they get nerfed. This does seem like a method to increase gold at the expensive of player experience and is going to contribute to the ever growing issue of afk empty games. Nobody wants to stick around and wait for resources then they get wiped before building anything. would rather they have just increased the SC membership price or added other shop items like somebody mentioned. That would have achieved their goals of profits AND kept the player base happy.
      One time, in 70 games.
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D