Morale suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Morale suggestions

I recently saw something that caught my attention. I was looking at morale in my cities and it said stable. I was at 89% acceptable but I would prefer better. Then I was thinking what can I do to make them happier so I looked at what the problem was and it said number of wars -4. I had beat all my current opponents and they had no land left. So I think when you eliminate all their units and take all their land then your population should should not be affected because of that war. Also you should get positive moral for winning.
    • CinnamonStick wrote:

I recently saw something that caught my attention. I was looking at morale in my cities and it said stable. I was at 89% acceptable but I would prefer better. Then I was thinking what can I do to make them happier so I looked at what the problem was and it said number of wars -4. I had beat all my current opponents and they had no land left. So I think when you eliminate all their units and take all their land then your population should should not be affected because of that war. Also you should get positive moral for winning.
      Are you 1000% sure you have captured all of your opponents' land?

Check in the diplomacy(?) popups to see who the game thinks you're at war with (probably Insurgents and someone else), and then check how many provinces the game thinks the somebody else owns. If the number isn't zero and if the game hasn't glitched, you are legitimately still at war with them.

If the number is 1, and if it's a hyperlink, follow it and see where on the map the game thinks that last province is.

PS: If there is a way to get rid of being at war with the insurgents, I don't know it.
    • dude.. happens. im on ww3 as spain for 2 days thought whooped Portugal. Day 1 WTF... oh island half way to USA. got it...nope still at war. Damn another island between Africa and s America.

Toggle map .... till see enemy Red. some are way far away .. like think UK had Diego Garcia on one map half world away. Funny thing is they have many US territories on map as non US like Guam so no rhyme nor reason. Wake island on Rising tides controlled by US shows as independent. Puerto Rico I guess isn't part of USA either.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • CinnamonStick wrote:

Yes because I have only attacked single city countries so far and you know they are extremely small and they dont go hide somewhere
      I know what you mean. My friend (playing as Cuba on BGUSA,) took over all of Haiti (granted not an ai country), but he still gets the negative morale effect. He's taken over most of Southern USA and Central America, but he's still haunted by that one ghost country.

In case there are any clarification questions/jabs:
      1) This was in the early game, so there was very little chance of Haiti conquering a small island halfway across the map
      2) The diplomacy tab clearly showed Haiti as having 0 vp
      3) Haiti had been cleaned out by day 7, as of now, it is day 37
      "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
      -Kurtvonstein
    • I think you should get less morale penalty if you didn't initiate the war. I just had a bunch of people declare war on me for no reason and now more of my cities are burning because of it which is forcing me to wipe out nations to try to get them where they need to be. I also find it kind of funny that nations that are getting annihilated are the ones with the highest morale and the ones that are winning the game always have the lowest. Another thing that may be considered is having the morale penalty for the number of nations you are at war with have a cap at -12 or something. Just some thoughts. In my current game, I have over twice the VP as the person in second and I worry more about insurgence than anything else and i try to build in some of the cities but I have so many I couldn't possibly build in them all so I focus on the factors that effect all the cities.
    • Jer499 wrote:

I think you should get less morale penalty if you didn't initiate the war. I just had a bunch of people declare war on me for no reason and now more of my cities are burning because of it which is forcing me to wipe out nations to try to get them where they need to be.
      I mean, think of it from the citizens' perspective: 7 countries are at war with them, a buncha people are bound to panic, protest, sow dissent, etc.

Jer499 wrote:

I also find it kind of funny that nations that are getting annihilated are the ones with the highest morale and the ones that are winning the game always have the lowest.
      IRL, if the winning country has been war for a long time, their population would be pretty tired of it, whether they're winning or not. Then again, bringing "but IRL-" into an argument doesn't work anymore so...

Jer499 wrote:

Another thing that may be considered is having the morale penalty for the number of nations you are at war with have a cap at -12 or something.
      Pretty sure there's already a morale cap, not sure how big it is tho. Def bigger than -12 tho.
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • I get that being at war should decrease morale but I feel like it should hurt the countries getting annihilated more. If my country was at war but we were on the offensive I would be a lot happier than if I was worried the city I lived in might be destroyed in a few days. Also, the object of the game is to conquer the world so it isn't realistic, and if my citizens knew that our country had to "kill or be killed", like in this game, I think they would be happy that they were doing the killing instead of the ones being killed. It just seems like the morale just balances the game so that the people doing really well have to slow down or worry about morale and the people who are not advancing don't have to worry. I also hate all these computers always attacking providences that they never capture. I keep running into them while trying to finish off other countries and accidentally start a war with them. Maybe add something where this doesn't happen? In real life, if one country's tank saw another country's tank that they were at peace with they would just pass them by. It isn't even like I am going into their territory I am just trying to capture territory that belongs to my enemy and their enemy as well presumably.