How much gold do you use each game and whats the best value purchase

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Back2Que wrote:

Hey guys,

I was just curious how much gold people are using each game and if they have tips on good value purchases. Currently Im spending on average $30 per game. Is that high. Some times I feel like the gold doesn't go that far for the amount I'm spending. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. What do you guys normally buy with gold that you feel is good value.

Please advise?

Also are you a non-gold user? Do you ever win?
      If you are asking this question then the issue is not money. The issue is you are not using the correct strategy in a game. Money is not a strategy. If you want to get better play more and learn from mistakes and also pay attention to what more experienced players are doing on your map. Joining a coalition is probably the best thing to do in order to learn from others. If you want to spend fine but have a strategy to go along with it.
    • Personally, I only use gold that I win in matches, even then rarely. I only spend money on the security council. I would spend a subscription if one existed that let me have access to public games where no gold could be spent but that is off topic.

I have seen people spend a silly amounts of gold mid-late game against myself and another good player to try and win only to end up losing anyway because I assume their gold ran out. They just spammed NG's and flew around destroying things each day and we countered by doing the same while continuing the build up our economies behind the lines. Since they relied almost exclusively on gold for production we eventually just flat out produced faster than they could spend. They used nukes to try and bully, but once missile defense got up they basically ran out of ideas. The point being they had no real strategy other than to continue with the air-NG rush over and over. We meanwhile countered with the correct units for the job and eventually through a good amount of activity and teamwork overwhelmed them. Fair is fair on this point, it took a LOT of activity to overcome their gold spending.

That game gave me a lot of time to think about how they could have used their gold even better. They even used the reveal all troops at a couple of points. They used it to produce the units later in the game against established strong in-game economies. This was a wildly inefficient use of gold. They also like many, spewed national guard and did not bother to capture or protect from rouge state the cities they over ran. This lead to the spiral of them having no economy to speak of despite similar map capture size wise.

As others have stated, if you want to use gold the most bang for your buck would be the opening days of the game where you can give yourself a massive leg up on your neighbors. Resources are almost always the initial snag , others have mentioned using it to get to research faster as well. A few dollars spent in the opening day of a game on some key resources and speed ups would give them an insurmountable lead over their neighbors and likely the rest of the lobby. The trick though is that an experienced player would know through experience which things in the opening day or two of the game they are ALWAYS wishing they had or could speed up.

Do it the hard way I say. Play without gold. Learn how to win without the crutch first. Then when you decide to spend later you will know how to get the most bang for your $$'s.
    • Back2Que wrote:

Hey guys,

I was just curious how much gold people are using each game and if they have tips on good value purchases. Currently Im spending on average $30 per game. Is that high. Some times I feel like the gold doesn't go that far for the amount I'm spending. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. What do you guys normally buy with gold that you feel is good value.

Please advise?

Also are you a non-gold user? Do you ever win?
      "Do you ever win"

I have 18 coalition wins and 3 solo...
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • 0 intentionally. That how I have sum up 119000 Gold. I wanne go for 1 Million. Lets see if I can do it.

But sometimes i hit the gold button in mobile version due to fat fingers.

Back2Que wrote:

Any more suggestions and the best ways to spend gold for best value?

RSS
      Speed ups

whats your play style?
      well best return on investment would be a fixed wing officer + 4 strike fighter/ elite attack airvraft( search+build) on day 1. After that you can use the income from looting to grow strong.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().