How much gold do you use each game and whats the best value purchase

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much gold do you use each game and whats the best value purchase

Hey guys,

I was just curious how much gold people are using each game and if they have tips on good value purchases. Currently Im spending on average $30 per game. Is that high. Some times I feel like the gold doesn't go that far for the amount I'm spending. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. What do you guys normally buy with gold that you feel is good value.

Please advise?

Also are you a non-gold user? Do you ever win?
    • I don't know if too many people are going to respond here for fear of being labeled as a golder. In any case, the only gold I ever use is the gold I win from my games. You can check my stats under my name here to see how that works out for me.

Oh.. I'll also that that you should just work on getting better at the game so you don't need to spend gold to win. The thing is, if you run into someone who is spending a lot of gold to win the game, your $30 worth of gold isn't really going to be enough to beat someone willing to shell out a hundred dollars or more to pay to win. So, just get good so you can win games and when you run into someone paying to win you just archive that game and move on or make them pay a whole of lot for the win.
    • So here's my position on gold using. Like many who have responded I will save my gold only to use against someone else using gold. My argument has always been you don't get better using gold. What I love about this game is that requires a sound strategy, patience, and an understanding of how each unit can complement other units to create an unbeatable force. I'm a 102 rank. Without sounding arrogant, my games consist of, I randomly choose a nation, I play 75% of my games solo and I win almost every time. CoN will not like this but don't buy gold and learn the game without it first.
    • Tbh I rarely if ever use gold. Best value for it would be in the first couple days speeding up some stuff to have units capable of easily killing others while everyone else is still constructing their arms industries and running around with lvl 1 motorized. Later on mobilization isn't really that good of an option IMO and using it for resources instead would be better. Gold Agents are also a pretty solid option later on.
      One of the big "Issues" with gold is that as the game progresses it tends to lose quite a lot in terms of impact on the game, 100k Gold on day 3 and 100k Gold on day 40 simply are not the same.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Hydralysk wrote:

Eren Yeager wrote:

It would be really nice if they added a window when spending gold "Are you sure you want to spend 1,500 gold on this action?"
      I agree, but I don't think adding that feature is in their business model.

** Removed you aren't allowed to denounce the game, if you have constructive criticism you can post it in a feedback thread. **

The post was edited 1 time, last by PrinceofHonor ().

• The only time I ever use gold(with is gold I get from won games) Is when I get lazy and have maybe an hour or so left till something finishes mobilizing or being researched and I just speed it up:) Or I seen the small amount of gold to build the army bases faster at the beginning of a game... yeah I get lazy. But I only spend gold I earn.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• Back2Que wrote:

Any more suggestions and the best ways to spend gold for best value?

RSS
      Speed ups

whats your play style?
      I myself do not spend gold (I'm broke). But that one button that allows you to see all of a nation's units seems very interesting. (I don't know how useful/expensive it is though)
      "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
      -Kurtvonstein
    • Second Cannae wrote:

Back2Que wrote:

Any more suggestions and the best ways to spend gold for best value?

RSS
      Speed ups

whats your play style?
      I myself do not spend gold (I'm broke). But that one button that allows you to see all of a nation's units seems very interesting. (I don't know how useful/expensive it is though)
      It is *extremely* useful. I was in a coalition where one of the members did it. We were all like, ... yup, we got this, because even after the 24 hours and the units going back into the fog of war, we knew what and how much the other player had, and that doesn't change much, even after a few days of game time.
    • Back2Que wrote:

Hey guys,

I was just curious how much gold people are using each game and if they have tips on good value purchases. Currently Im spending on average $30 per game. Is that high. Some times I feel like the gold doesn't go that far for the amount I'm spending. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. What do you guys normally buy with gold that you feel is good value.

Please advise?

Also are you a non-gold user? Do you ever win?
      I spend sporadically. I only buy resources or to rush a construction/research. It's my own personal code of conduct/honor. As Teburu mentioned, buying resources early game is far more impactful than later in the game. Early game, I almost always buy a batch of rares so that I can afford to get multiple researches going (esp since several options have 30 minutes to complete) as well as getting my arms industries started. I don't rush anything early as resources are the bottleneck for me, not time.

mid to late game, I may purchase some resources that are critical to producing units I need when the market is non-functional, eg electronics or components. I usually do that in a bulk buy rather than buying the exact amount needed to start the build - better overall value. Other than that, the occasional rush of research is the only thing I will drop $ for. But as nearly everyone else has said, you don't become a better player by spending gold.
    • On more then one occasion i have had people spam gold to build destroyers, just for my more upgraded ships with better radars and longer attack ranges to demolish them.

Gold was fun to destory airfields when an aircraft flying would instantly be destroyed without a place to land.
      Mostly these days, my gold amount relates to how many victories i get, so i wont spend more gold in a game, then i will get once i win it.

Limiting me to literally 1 speedup per game, usually to defend from a disembarking unit trying to capture my town in the opening days.
      But i do think spending up an airfield is also good use of gold.

Mostly its just fast-tracking a unit to defend a city from instant capture.
    • I have never once bought gold in the 5 years of playing, I rarely if ever use it aswell. I just like to stockpile it from winning. The main reason I dont use it is because I would feel stupid if I spent gold and ended up losing anyways. The only thing I spend money on is security council. Sometimes I accidentally waste it on misclicks like when I accidentally boost population morale instead of pressing the info button on a city. I tried to get my gold back but dorado didnt budge. Pretty sure they place the buttons like that intentionally so you accidentally spend gold.