MAA too OP?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MAA too OP?

So I was wondering, MAA has a lot of health and also quite decent damage output against both helicopters and fixed wing aircraft. This basically makes it have no counters to it other than the attack helicopter possibly trading damage better. However the next thing I also realise is how SF can sometimes not do that great damage against MAA however it is indeed rare for MAA to be in huge stacks, or big enough to impact SF too much (works both ways to the helicopters)
      So shouldn’t SF be able to counter MAA abit more considering how their usual chosen form of attack isn’t the same as the helicopter’s Close air support, making it harder for them to be shot at accurately by the MAA? Or is the MAA just balanced normally.
    • Except it's not.

MAA has:
      Range: 26 >26 >26 >50 >50 >50
      HP: 25 >27 >27 >29 >29 >31
      DMG: 4.0|4.5 >4.0|5.5 >4.0|5.5 >5.0|6.5 >5.0|7.0 >6.0|8.0 >7.0|9.0 (Fixed Wing|Heli)

And really? "No counters other than the attack heli"?
      MAA is actually fairly terrible because of its extremely small range, on top of that it doesn't even do its intended job of fighting helis that well.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • japan samurai wrote:

So in other words it needs a big buff against heli’s but it’s damage against planes should be kept? I’m not sure but the range is quite reasonable for me, considering that most of the time you need to be within 25 to see the helicopter. Range of 50 just allows for it to cover more troops I guess
      It needs a range buff.
      The range is completely useless, because with 50 it might as well have zero, patrol also has 50 and that means that any aircraft attacking via patrol will never have to enter AA range and thus maybe take an offensive hit. Patrol in general is an issue for AA because it effectively takes 50 of their range. On top of reducing the distance needed to hit aa, attacking aa via patrol is vastly superior than using the direct attack command because hitting an AA via direct attack when its on cooldown means you get to take double damage when patrol only takes one times the dmg.
      I am The Baseline for opinions