What were the WORST WAYS you guys got DEFEATED in CON

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My first ever game I think I was Romania. I had a few friendly interactions with Ukraine, who was level 40 or something, and was chatting frequently with them. I was in a coalition with other noobs at the time. I had taken some AI countries, ppfffttt, no match for me. Taken a couple other low ranked countries and was feeling pretty cocky about this game. Then Ukraine attacked my team mate. I did consider just watching all the drama unfold, but no, decided to do the right thing and help my coalition partner.

Anyway, I was on a roll, first game and kicking arse, maybe I could beat this level 40 wannabe megalomaniac! So I attacked. Then I noticed all these rainbows coming from my cities. A pot of gold perhaps! NOPE, they were death rainbows. Had a giant mushroom infestation instead. Then some cities turned green. It was now raining cruise missiles. Oh well still had some tanks. NOPE, Ukraine sent in some strike fighters, they dead. I can counter with my ASF. NOPE, by now their navy was of my capital. Ooh what a good idea I thought, why didn't I think of building a navy. In a battle of 2 chevrons v 3 stars, his navy was to strong for my ASF which were also bombarded when they landed to refuel. Now they dead. I had a few tanks finally come back to my homelands and, given the navy was in a river I thought I could park my tanks on the river bank and bombard their silly boats. So I sent them to attack. They went straight to a port and jumped on a boat. This will be awesome I thought to myself. They must be going to fire the tanks from barges. NOPE, they dead. Well, I thought if all their military is attacking me, I will launch a sneaky counter attack on the Ukraine homeland. NOPE, had more military in homelands, now counterattack is dead. Completely out classed. Don't think I even scratched any pant in the Ukraine military.

In another game I was playing as one of the Stan countries, can't remember if Afganistan or Pakistan, but in a coalition of three. Another coalition of three were the top dogs. Everyone else was not much chop. I had been talking to one of the other coalition members, seemed a bit arrogant, but at least talkative. The plan was both coalitions team up and defeat the African coalition. As their coalition was bigger and they were closer to victory, It was decided that they get most of the VP for victory and we get the left overs for a bit more gold. Everyone was happy.

So we attacked from the South, and the homelands of the South African coalition, as we were closer, they came in from the North. Except for Austria, who it seemed was having none of this sharing business. Immediately began to claim lands just above us and box us in. Then in one day, annexed a city, built level 4 airport, level 5 barracks, level 5 arms industry. The next day another city annexed. Only one reason I could think of to spend this much money trying to contain us. So we prepared for a counter attack. After another day, Austria tried to take us on by themselves. On the first day about 40,000 gold was spent on sabotage agents, on just me. Not sure how much on other team members. Went after airfields and fuel. Spent a lot of the rest of the game with negative fuel, occasionally just positive fuel. Over 16 days, the least spent on sabotage agents was about 16,000 gold. The most was 84,000 but averaged 26,000. And yes, it was such an impressive amount I sat down and started to work out how much was being spent. And that's just agents. Countless cities annexed and max level whatever they chose to build.

They had taken out all my airstrips, but could not quite take out airfields in homelands. I was a mild annoyance in my conquered territory. But they were unable to hurt me close to my homelands. Try as they might, they could not get my homelands. They chipped away at my conquered territory, but wave after wave crashed and burned close to home. Their Officers would suffer heavy damage and lose all their squad members. But back the next day fully healed and in a new stack. I was struggling to balance between building arms industries to get enough fuel and building to replace my military. 16 days this went on for till their coalition finally had enough VP and it was game over with my 150ish gold prize. One of my intel agents got a message of one of them and Austria was bragging how I was not a very hard opponent and I remember thinking come on, how much have you spent so far and all can do is contain me.

So that is my worst defeat, and the worst someone has crippled me economically. Now I always try and have an over supply in case someone sends in sabotage agents again.
    • 1733973qaz wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

I hope you win... or atleast survive long. XD
      can you give me some advice? I'm not that experienced and it seems a war is inevitible.
      You either need to ask Dealer of Death or BuckeyeChamp...

but, ok.

If your island build a navy that when they try to attack you `you slow them down with navy. And also find allies near by them that they can ambush and or counter attack them.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

1733973qaz wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

I hope you win... or atleast survive long. XD
      can you give me some advice? I'm not that experienced and it seems a war is inevitible.
      You either need to ask Dealer of Death or BuckeyeChamp...

but, ok.

If your island build a navy that when they try to attack you `you slow them down with navy. And also find allies near by them that they can ambush and or counter attack them.
      I'm india in world war. \
      If you don't lose, you don't learn"
      -me
    • If your India make alliance with china you have too.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

I got another question, did your economy become crippled in a game. Like economic sabotage (agents) or you got attacked by an enemy and they crippled your economy?

I got a question and I need answers.
      As Columbia, I was going for major naval supremacy and had a fleet of 30 or 40 ships and subs. I got sneak attacked by Brazil, who had been in my coalition, and lost my capital and one other homeland city. You might be able to see where I am going at this point. He took my fuel city. I was at Negative fuel for the rest of the game, as I could not get far enough to the point where I could rebuild my arm industries that got destroyed.
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D
    • 1733973qaz wrote:

1733973qaz wrote:

functions on his own.
      I could try to ask him to help. 5 vs 2 sounds better but stilll. I don't like it.
      depends on quality.. yeah 5 v 1 sucks. Think Ive whooped 3 v 1 a few times. After 4 v 1 .... truth be told id get worried. Depends what i have and what i think they have.

But n general im usually fighting 2 front war after day 10 .. so does two 2 -3 v 1 ones count as 4 -6 v 1??
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

I got another question, did your economy become crippled in a game. Like economic sabotage (agents) or you got attacked by an enemy and they crippled your economy?

I got a question and I need answers.
      ever since i was like level 10 i have 0 electonics. some games, allies send me 10,000 to help, but otheres, i'm stuck on 0
      If you don't lose, you don't learn"
      -me
    • There was one game i was playing as Mongolia, thought id try drones.
      Anyways i set out building nuclear facilities and researching stealth drone, was doing pretty good and was all set.

Norway was my target, had drones over all his cities, started dropping nukes. Turns out nukes have splash damage so i lost a couple drones that way.

Ultimately tho, an elite tank stack from Europe, managed to literally just move from Europe into Kazakhstan and take all my cities.
      Turns out... drones are pretty crap and more importantly AA is highly effective against cruise missiles.

It was still pretty early in the game, but it was like the moment i dropped a nuke the entire world turned on me, even my own populations moral plummeted.
      Sometimes you have to learn the hardway that causing civilian deaths is bad and decimates your resource production and that investing in drones is a worthless waste of resources and production.

The fact nuclear weapons were rather ineffective and quickly decontaminated was less an issue, compared to the utter destruction of my cities moral and the huge red flag that i was a nuclear nation unleashing nuclear weapons on the world and i must be stopped ASAP!
    • I once was playing as Russia I basicaly made post WW2 Soviet Union I had the Eastern block plus Soviet Union x-territory, I also had China, Thailand, Myanmar, and Vietnam. I attacked Indonesia... my worst mistake. He was in Isolationist mode he only had Australia and New Zealand. He was full isolationist mode just building up an army. What triggered the attack was when he put sabotage agents in my city, me trying to keep away from sabotage/espionage warfare. So I attacked. At first I steamed rolled his units throughout Vietnam and Thailand. But then ... his navy came along with his carrier and cruisers. I had some of his homeland, but his navy and marines Indonesia's number one asset just kicked me out of his homeland and Vietnam. Most of my stuff were in Europe blockading France just in case. My troops were still getting made. I was Ulysses Grant of Russia I just thrown my army at the enemy and said try not to die... (if Ulysses Grant could do that and win why shouldn't I?) So Indonesia took Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, and China. SO, I was nothing but Eastern block and present day Russia. Indonesia and France finished me off so... The bigger they are the harder they fall...

Thank you

• My first maybe 50-60ish (idk many it could have been like 90) game were me not know what to do I like would maybe a few dozen and I would just try to take over countries, then later go afk (this was back around 2019 or something)
      I would forget about the game for maybe a few months to a year and start playing again with NG only, needless to say it didn't go very well
      Attempting to gain braincells
    • I only lose to Golders so far. So the heaviest was a guy playing rising tides as Texas. I was myanmar. Watching him closly as I noticed how he wasted troops but all his conquered cities were annexed and fully equipped and build up. I was building a huge navy knowing that some day he will come for me...well it was no naval battle it was a massacre. He spilled 100s of cruise missled on me till he noticed my fregattes take them out so he conquered and annexed a city in Australia where I couldnt stop him from landing. And the party started. He build so many ships that he outnumbered my cruisers. I couldnt even outmanouver him. HE just used forced march and healed the ships fully. And reveal all units to see where I hide my fleet.
      with no way to heal.my.ships -as we all agree ships are disposable one use units. It was only a matter of time till he got.me.

Game over...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • playbabe wrote:

We pissed someone off so much he devoted his life on screen killing 5 of us with just range infantry.
      Could have been worse... nukes?

• Arti is a good way to kill inf...but there are also helicopters, airplanes, all kinds of ships...you can even use tanks...

And you dont nee to do hit and run ...if you have a tank stack to block direct acces to your artillery you can jsut watch the show...no hit and run necessary..
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • u know mot inf have stupidly good point def right? yes we have tank, heli, striker ship. he overcame sll of us.
      - tank? what a joke as i said he ranged them with inf.
      - heli & striker? point def accumulate faster then we can rebuild or heal. they operating 24 hours because they coming from every direction
      - ship? yeah sure they can’t board us directly to homeland. but half of our occupied land quickget overran by inf. they were just everywhere
      all of that is simply due to the inf have a god dman range attack with cheap ass cost
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD