Artillery Officer and elite Engineer unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Artillery Officer and elite Engineer unit

I would like to see the creation of an artillery officer. We have officers for everything else. Many players don't even consider using artillery units. The addition of an artillery officer could get more players to use support units. The artillery officer could give bonuses to artillery and antiaircraft units. I envision the artillery officer as having radar capabilities, an increased sight range, speed bonus, attack bonus and defense bonus.

In the real world, armies have engineer units that build defensive entrenchments and military support buildings. A elite engineer could bring a defensive bonus for any unit that is stacked with it. Also this unit could could speed up the production of buildings while it is stationed in the city or territory where buildings are being constructed. This would give us a limited ability to influence the battlefield in a similar fashion as an army allocating combat engineer units to fortify unit defensive potions or allocating exrta engineer units to speed up airfield construction or repair.
    • Good evening.
      Just for clarification, in-game the Infantry and Tank Officers will boost the artillery units that they respectively relate to.
      The Infantry Officer will boost the Towed Artillery, and the Tank Officer will boost the Mobile Artillery and the Multiple Rocket Launcher.
      So, the creation of an Artillery Officer would be unnecessary at best, obstructive at worst.
      Hope this helps!
      The Upbringer
    • Hydralysk wrote:

mgallo2006 wrote:

We have officers for everything else.
      Haven't seen any Logistics, Medical, Intelligence, Personnel, or Public Affairs officers in the game.They, much like the Artillery Support officer, contribute a great deal to the success of armies.

I have proposed medical units/officers before, It was shot down. It seems for every suggestion in this forum, there is someone who disagrees with it.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• TheShinwacker wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

mgallo2006 wrote:

Haven't seen any Logistics, Medical, Intelligence, Personnel, or Public Affairs officers in the game.They, much like the Artillery Support officer, contribute a great deal to the success of armies.

I have proposed medical units/officers before, It was shot down. It seems for every suggestion in this forum, there is someone who disagrees with it.
      Of course! What do you expect?
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D
    • TheShinwacker wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

mgallo2006 wrote:

I don't think that's the case at all. :)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • mgallo2006 wrote:

I would like to see the creation of an artillery officer. We have officers for everything else. Many players don't even consider using artillery units. The addition of an artillery officer could get more players to use support units. The artillery officer could give bonuses to artillery and antiaircraft units. I envision the artillery officer as having radar capabilities, an increased sight range, speed bonus, attack bonus and defense bonus.

In the real world, armies have engineer units that build defensive entrenchments and military support buildings. A elite engineer could bring a defensive bonus for any unit that is stacked with it. Also this unit could could speed up the production of buildings while it is stationed in the city or territory where buildings are being constructed. This would give us a limited ability to influence the battlefield in a similar fashion as an army allocating combat engineer units to fortify unit defensive potions or allocating exrta engineer units to speed up airfield construction or repair.
      Look at the Unit Icon for Towed Artillery. It's a Helmet. Put an Infantry Officer and 9 Artilleries and you get a massive killing machine. Especially after you get ground radar. The Radar has a longer range than Sight range for Arty so you can see them coming and they will automatically engage when they come into radar range.
    • Roach112683 wrote:

Look at the Unit Icon for Towed Artillery. It's a Helmet. Put an Infantry Officer and 9 Artilleries and you get a massive killing machine. Especially after you get ground radar. The Radar has a longer range than Sight range for Arty so you can see them coming and they will automatically engage when they come into radar range.
      I find the infantry officer's radar a bit useless, to be honest, because of its short range and the fact that it can't detect infantry. So I still tend to spot with other units like mobile radar or planes, even if I have got the infantry officer.

But the officer unit does also allow your artillery stack to capture territory. Which is nice.
    • I rarely use infantry officers. If I ever use officers it is an airforce officer as my armies are built around airforce relying on ng to take cities. I don't think infantry officers are worth it unless it is a higher level infantry officer but then again you have to spend the resources to get it. My armies used to be centered all around the infantry and mass blitzkrieg strategies now my strategies rest on my fighters and helis taking out troops and my ng taking cities. And I like to use navy as well once my Air Force is up and running.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time