What were the BEST WAYS you guys WON or got top 5 in CON

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What were the BEST WAYS you guys WON or got top 5 in CON

The sequel, part 2 of the... What were the WORST WAYS you guys got DEFEATED in CON. (damn this could be a CON forum series)
      BUT! Here's part 2... What were the BEST WAYS you guys WON or got top 5 in CON. Let us know, you can't be embarrassed on this one.
      If you didn't ever get top 5 or won, What was the best game ever for you.

I was playing as Germany I had most of Europe, all of Middle East, and Half of Africa. I had a Coalition consisting of China, Norway, and Libya. Our coalition won... But I see it as a me victory because I had 2000+vps.

(Norway was My ally since day 1) (Game lasted too day 55) (Libya was an enemy at one point)

"YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Bigtallnerd419 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Won Rising Tides solo on Day 9.
      How?
      I was gonna say that, how?

I call cap damn it. lol

• Bigtallnerd419 wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Bigtallnerd419 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

How?
      I was gonna say that, how?I call cap damn it. lol
      But like literally, how is that possible?Buckeyechamp: I won rising tides in 26 days.
      Teburu: You think you're awesome? I did it in 9!
      He either lying or joking.

• Read em weep boys.

4 Victory sites and all of asia. And no Gold. This game isnt that hard.

Mostly with Frigs; NGS (only ground I built); ASF lvl6 / EAA lvl 3; 3 Elite Bombers and missiles.

RT win.jpgRT Troops.jpgRT Map win.jpg
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• I was Mali, and my team was Algeria, Cameroon, and Chad. A golder was Namibia and we lost a lot of units early game (days 6-12) trying to stop him (myself and Cameroon lost our entire army, and Cameroon lost most of his homeland cities). But we were able to stop Namibia’s advancement and defeated him. Then it was slow for days/weeks as myself and Cameroon (after my team recaptured Cameroon’s cities) tried to rebuild. We captured all of Africa, and expanded into Western Europe, but a coalition of Cuba, Brazil, and Japan were completely dominating the map. We decided to build a powerful navy to to knock out Cuba (which was the VP leader on the map by far, I think Cuba had more VPs then my team combined, with Brazil and Japan second and third). I think we amassed a navy of max cruisers, max attack subs, and max naval patrol (we probably had combined 30+ ships (2-3 sea captains), 25+ subs (2-3 submarine captains), and 10-15 naval patrol - although we did leave a couple ships behind to prevent an easy invasion). We unleashed everything we had at Cuba, including army units, and blasted through its defense and overran his homeland within 24 hours (I wish I had a picture of the convoy we sent). It was pretty amazing. When Cuba knew what was happening, it was too late, because our attack subs and naval patrol mowed down his remaining navy (cruisers and subs) trying to stop the invasion.

Brazil folded easily and I think Japan ultimately joined our team and we won the map.

Cuba’s mistake prior to the invasion was that he kept sending a single task force to Western Africa and we would beat it down with our navy. I also think Brazil being incompetent (and Japan focused on Asia) affected Cuba’s ability to invade us. After several failed attempts, Cuba and Brazil focused on taking our occupied territory in Europe. We gladly gave up occupied territory as we built an overwhelming Navy. And then we blitzed Cuba’s homeland and he collapsed.

The lesson: always focus on taking out an opponent’s homeland cities and do not waste resources protecting occupied territory (unless you have the resources to waste and the occupied territory has strategic advantages gtes). Sure, we could have battled in Europe and tried to protect our territory, but we would have suffered casualties, which we could not afford to loose given the vast VP difference between us and Cuba/Brazil/Japan. Now if Cuba had landed in Southern Africa, that would have been a problem and we would have had to defend (that was probably another mistake, Cuba should have invaded South Africa where we had little to no defense). Also, taking an opponent’s occupied territories has some effect on resource production, but not as much as the homeland cities.
    • Playing as New Zealand, i didn't build a single unit for like the first week, then all i built was carriers and strike aircraft.
      My allies where doing okay i suppose, but must of been day 23? and i rolled up into the Mediterranean sea which was CRAWLING with ships.

I had 5 carriers in a single stack, with around 24 aircraft and not a single player wanted to engage me, i parked outside Serbia and demolished his city in laterally minutes, moved off to South American, then Africa.
      The destructive power of a 5 carrier stack loaded with strike aircraft is insane, i could of literally go into the Mediterranean sinking every ship i saw but i was showing off :D

Inregards to my worst defeat.
      Cananda, and i opted for trying out stealth bombers, turned into a 1 vs 5 event with Europe. I attempted to invade Spain with ummm mechanized infantry after I owned all the Americas, but ultimately failed, while i could strike major cities in Europe i was losing bombers and taking damage just from stationed units defence, this was an annulation map so i was literally producing stealth bombers like day 5 or 6? and was dominating the map, striking home cities, everything. Ended up losing to maxxed out infantry with their stupid mortar range because my maxxed out mechanized infantry has no attack range and couldn't defend single unit attempts of port cities.

Someone(golder) in the alliance later ended up with stealth revealing AA or Ships i don't recall, and they positioned themselves to launch an offensive from Bermuda.
      It was one game i felt like i should have won, but because maxxed infantry dominate all other infantry and only require a level 1 army based compared to my mechanized that require a level 2 and recruitment office and lack the attack range, i was limited on defence. More so when they had 5x the production rate of units i had, because there was 5 of them, so while i fought them off for a long time, even limiting their production to literally just infantry, the slow speed of stealth bombers and compounding return damage didn't just limit daily sorties but ultimately lost me a game i felt i should have won. Its why i dislike the mortar range of basic infantry, i think its the most overpowered and broken mechanic in the game, simple because there is no way to combat their production and they dominate all other infantry both offensively and defensively. I think spies also were an issue, like a daily issue ultimately stopping my stealth bomber production.

The post was edited 1 time, last by crazystoner ().

• crazystoner wrote:

... i could of literally go into the Mediterranean sinking every ship i saw but i was showing off :D

... Its why i dislike the mortar range of basic infantry, i think its the most overpowered and broken mechanic in the game, simple because there is no way to combat their production and they dominate all other infantry both offensively and defensively. ...
      Frigates generally take a big bite out of attacking aircraft. I suppose you were lucky that your opponents were silly enough to forget to build some inexpensive frigates.

Did it ever cross your mind that building fewer Mechanized Infantry and building more low-tech Artillery might be the answer to your I'm-getting-attacked-by-mortars problem? I've read posts in this forum that recommend doing that.
    • Teburu wrote:

Bigtallnerd419 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

How?
      Half of the answer is already in it: Its rising tides.It used to have 1000Vp Victory sites, which were really easily accessible via sea. Solo requirement was like 3300 or something.
      yeah first week they came out with original our coal won super fast. think they had victory sites at island off hawaii; brumuda; island between africa and s america; krueger island. We controlled those 4 early and no one came for them. Europe was just clueless battling each other. I snuck marines up through Siberia to get our only land based site. Thats a long swim from central america... took like 2.5 days to get up there. Was amazed that no one could tell we only needed 1 more to win. others sites would have had to fight through 3 countries. Siberia site was right of artic ocean but no entrances ... call in the marines!! Russia had Airfields in like 6 prov surrounding it with SF so timed a sub missile strike and stacked Spies to sabotage airfields and ground his planes
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • That was very interesting game. I had duel with USA - I destroyed all his ICBMs (3, actually). So, TDS is a key for success.
      I used:
      SF+UAV+cruise missiles (max lvl)
      Destroyers+Cruisers+cruise missiles
      TDS (to defend cities)
      Infantry (to take up territory and control cities)
      Also:
      ASW helicopters
      SSBN (both never used cause I hadn't got targets)

P. S.
      Can't load screenshot of TDS's in cities, do not know why(
      Files
      Что вы остолбенели?! Живо поднять гарнизон! Ну!

The post was edited 1 time, last by jack21c ().