Do you instantly build lvl 1 recruitment offices?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I start off with building specialized cities across country. I build as little as possible to produce as much fire power to take countries ( Priority is amassing units that kill). I dont build up for greatest gadgets for 10 days. Biggest mistake I see players do; is build air/navy/ground buildings in every city or dont build any units till have nav 4.) Ive killed many a country with a barebones military when they have huge cities built but nothing produced.

Day 1 begin building
      -- 2 Navy Cities (arms1; nav 2) combined 18 hrs (I usually use last games gold to speed this so can begin navy 30 min into game). few vettes till get Frig research than frigs
      -- 1 Air City (already have Air 1); build Arms 1 and 9 hrs can begin building ASF. Build Air 2 and EAA day 3. Build Air 3 for bombers as max eass of 10 lvl 1.
      -- 1 Air from scratch - Arms 1 then Air 1 (build ASF) upgrade to Air 2 and EAA like day 4 by whch time have 3 - 5 ASF.
      -- 2 Ground - Build Rec cntr (30 min) and can build NG x 3 a day per city of 6 per day. Once enough ground troops will switch these to missile cities.

As game progresses build up more and will end up with rec ctr in every city for increased mob speed.

This an example of cities on a Solo 26 day Rising Tide.rt cities.jpg
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

I start off with building specialized cities across country. I build as little as possible to produce as much fire power to take countries ( Priority is amassing units that kill). I dont build up for greatest gadgets for 10 days. Biggest mistake I see players do; is build air/navy/ground buildings in every city or dont build any units till have nav 4.) Ive killed many a country with a barebones military when they have huge cities built but nothing produced.

Day 1 begin building
      -- 2 Navy Cities (arms1; nav 2) combined 18 hrs (I usually use last games gold to speed this so can begin navy 30 min into game). few vettes till get Frig research than frigs
      -- 1 Air City (already have Air 1); build Arms 1 and 9 hrs can begin building ASF. Build Air 2 and EAA day 3. Build Air 3 for bombers as max eass of 10 lvl 1.
      -- 1 Air from scratch - Arms 1 then Air 1 (build ASF) upgrade to Air 2 and EAA like day 4 by whch time have 3 - 5 ASF.
      -- 2 Ground - Build Rec cntr (30 min) and can build NG x 3 a day per city of 6 per day. Once enough ground troops will switch these to missile cities.

As game progresses build up more and will end up with rec ctr in every city for increased mob speed.

Wow that's really few buildings, guess you don't really need strong ground troops, when your navy and airforce is strong enough. Surprised though that you didn't bother upgrading your arms factories, wouldn't that be worth it for the extra production?
    • It really depends on the nation i am playing, but i tend to produce recruitment offices in all my cities within the first 3 days.
      Otherwise by day 3 i've run out of manpower, usually i even build 2-3 recruitment offices in captured towns in the first week aswell as i tend to suffer manpower shortages.

Infantry is usually a bad unit to start with, recon units require less manpower and deal more damage in the opening days. or if your surrounded national guards are always a good unit to spam while you focus on a single town to acquire strike aircraft or helicopters. An island nation i would suggest you focus on naval assets rather then capture or hold units, Japan above for example got very lucky no one built frigates because Japan is easy to take in the first week because its so exposed and usually gets caught up in Korea/China conflicts.

I wouldn't put much thought into the advice above, rising tide is a race and while i commonly end games around day 30, chasing bare minimum in terms of buildings leaves you exposed to spy actions.
      That being said, im interested in how effective bunking building is. Expansion is by far the best way to increase resources but i see the idea, more so if you research national guards.

Problem with this game, from Generals to privates, we all start with reality the same troops, larger nations get a larger starting army but those opening days really dictate your progression. Losing a couple cities will impact you for a week or more, simple because of the drop in moral and unlike arms industries, bunkers remain.

I guess for me, i just end up with too many enemies to sustain an army that isn't heavily infantry focused, not because i don't clear all the tiles, but rather you hit a point in the game where entire alliances declare war against you and your expansions grinds to a halt where you still have overwhelming strike capabilities but lack boots on the ground to combat insurgence.

Maybe Japan has the right idea, focusing on bunkers to cap that moral, but id imagine he would struggle against a naval commander, let alone a stack of frigates even with maxed cruise missiles and his lack of ballistic submarines would highlight a heavy reliance on bombers which are very slow and can be bounced from air field to airfield as you target them with strikes, or worst still, they land and the airfield is demolished. I suppose the range can be effective but the speed and the distance travelled makes your daily sortie rate very small, hence the reliance on cruise missiles.

Its a bit like building a navy, where you target every single player that upgrades their dock with attacks and strikes. You dominate the waters but you end up with heaps of enemies, demishing moral and troops bogged down fighting insurgence.

Guess i've never had the luxury of building high level bunkers, even when i am dominating with lvl 5 arms industries, a massive army and on the verge of winning. my resources are usually depleted. I usally only manage to get 1-2 annexed cities aswell, I see the idea tho, arms industries suck up alot of rare materials, allowing deeper research sooner, the moral increases production but rising tide is about capturing key objectives, not world domination and you can win that game mode in literal days.

But im not about to change it up, considering i havn't lost a single game in over a year.
      Im at the stage every game i play i win and i win with solo victories too.
    • Eren Yeager wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

I start off with building specialized cities across country. I build as little as possible to produce as much fire power to take countries ( Priority is amassing units that kill). I dont build up for greatest gadgets for 10 days. Biggest mistake I see players do; is build air/navy/ground buildings in every city or dont build any units till have nav 4.) Ive killed many a country with a barebones military when they have huge cities built but nothing produced.

Day 1 begin building

Wow that's really few buildings, guess you don't really need strong ground troops, when your navy and airforce is strong enough. Surprised though that you didn't bother upgrading your arms factories, wouldn't that be worth it for the extra production?
      no ... Arms ind is a wasted investment early on. Takes 10 days to recoup costs. I ended up with 175 pct of next highest economy and they had all lvl4 - 5 arms. 115 occupied cities produce a ton via conquest (Did the vikings stay home and build -- no they sailed out and took what they needed ;) ). Look at my resources cranking. I couldn't spend fast enough. Well last few days knew end was near so stopped with ships and ground troops as would take to long to travel and do anything; went full missile. While youre building for day 60 Im winning on day 26 ;)

Day 24 was #1 economy at 76k metric tons per day; 2nd highest was 44k metric towns.

Elec is usually bottle neck.

Built up high lvel Bunkers for a few reasons:

1. Do not require Elec and had a ton of Supp and components
      2. I go hard and fast so incur low morale. Bunkers are huge morale boost as had all cities @ or near 100 pct morale
      3. lvl 5 bunker - protects most buildings and population up to lvl 10 (In case some fool decides to nuke me). Better than wasting building 20 TDS that 90 pct never get used.
      4. lvl 5 bunker - get 76 pct reduction of incoming damage. So any invader that happened to get by my navy would basically need 3 x times the troops. Biggest bang for buck is lvl1 bunker so build those pretty early and then when have extra supp/comp add next level
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Eren Yeager wrote:

I used to do it but I'm not sure if it's worth the early ressources.
      I build at least 3*, but not ALL.

*-having to wait for manpower pisses me off.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD