4TH OF JULY SPECIAL EVENT

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I guess you boys really dont play Chess..lol. But literally was invented to teach war strategy.

Board is the battlefield:

Pawns = infantry (solo no match but positioned correctly can be powerful)
      Knights - basically spec ops or Officers in CoN (surprise /power attacks; only piece that can jump over lines)
      Bishops - Heavy Calvary (todays armor)
      Rooks - Mainly Backline defense
      Queen - Element of unknown / powerful attack. Only role she cant play is knight.
      King - Objective to Kill

Every piece has its strengths and vulnerabilities and needs complimentary peices to form proper attack/defense simultaneous.

To win Chess like Con you set the battlefield / board with your pieces in better places / combinations than opponents. Very hard to win if dont use aqll elements in their role in a unified simultaneous offense/defense strategy. Now at time war was just land based. So throw in air and naval dimensional and 3 dimensional chess.

4 x players play like checkers just want to move forward one dimensionally. Thus the common quote "This is Chess not Checkers".
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• KFGauss wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

I guess you boys really dont play Chess..lol. But literally was invented to teach war strategy.

. . .
      I guess you boys don't recognize eyerolling, good-natured "ribbing", or ennui when reading forum debates over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
      believe it or not wasnt about you. or even a response to you.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • chess has no ranged attack. There is no way to attack without exposing yourself.

First 3 days in CON are like chess. If everyone has same amount and type of units. Then its important how and where you move your troops.

When first airplanes or artillery enter the stages then its a massacre of mot inf...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

I guess you boys really dont play Chess..lol. But literally was invented to teach war strategy.

Board is the battlefield:

Pawns = infantry (solo no match but positioned correctly can be powerful)
      Knights - basically spec ops or Officers in CoN (surprise /power attacks; only piece that can jump over lines)
      Bishops - Heavy Calvary (todays armor)
      Rooks - Mainly Backline defense
      Queen - Element of unknown / powerful attack. Only role she cant play is knight.
      King - Objective to Kill

Every piece has its strengths and vulnerabilities and needs complimentary peices to form proper attack/defense simultaneous.

To win Chess like Con you set the battlefield / board with your pieces in better places / combinations than opponents. Very hard to win if dont use aqll elements in their role in a unified simultaneous offense/defense strategy. Now at time war was just land based. So throw in air and naval dimensional and 3 dimensional chess.

4 x players play like checkers just want to move forward one dimensionally. Thus the common quote "This is Chess not Checkers".
      Not a bad analogy. I’d like to add one: Queening a Pawn is comparable to capturing an enemy capital.

Most of my enemies think they are playing Checkers (Noob Rushing) :D

In my opinion, Chess is the best game ever created.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • "4 x players play like checkers just want to move forward one dimensionally. Thus the common quote "This is Chess not Checkers""

kurtvonstein

As a 4x player, I play like a card game. Play your cards right (jokers, queens, kings, ect) you'll win CON
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

"4 x players play like checkers just want to move forward one dimensionally. Thus the common quote "This is Chess not Checkers""

kurtvonstein

As a 4x player, I play like a card game. Play your cards right (jokers, queens, kings, ect) you'll win CON
      No idea how you quote me but that not my point.

CoN in single speed is like a card game as well. Only difference is: You wait longer till you play your cards and till you see what the enemie draws...
      This gives you more mental time to plan ahead and be strategic. As to where a 4x speed is more tactical click work...and you miss the point where you natural desire to sleep makes you miss some of the "cards to be played".

In a 4x speed it is easier for you opponent to analyze your online/offline patter to use it against you. Cause unlike a card game whre your opponents wait for you to play your card before the enxt round...CoN is an online game. No one waits for you...they just act...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

I disagree. You can do everything on a 4x map as you can on a 1x map. Different people prefer different speed based on their real world commitments. Im sure if the developers changed movement and resource speeds even slower to 0.5x people would start saying "go play candy crush if you like 1x map and compare 4x to tic tac toe or Rock Paper Scissors
    • Admira G1 wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

I disagree. You can do everything on a 4x map as you can on a 1x map. Different people prefer different speed based on their real world commitments. Im sure if the developers changed movement and resource speeds even slower to 0.5x people would start saying "go play candy crush if you like 1x map and compare 4x to tic tac toe or Rock Paper Scissors
      Nothing wrong with 4x ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's just that we 1x players just like to laugh at the 4x players, aka the "no-lifers", because 4x go zoom.

No harm, no foul :rolleyes:
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • No I don't see it that way. I see it as I can be online for longer in game days than you while playing the same amount of time. I have notifications on for acts of war, missile, diplomacy and other important things. If I get attacked I'll get notified and be able to respond and quickly end an invasion attempt. I have almost lost all my homelands in games when I was asleep or at work a few times. That's much more tolerable than being attacked and then having to spend the next 8-16 real hours trying to defend yourself or invading a good player/coalition and doing the same hours to continue the invasion.

I wouldn't even put that much time into the final and big fights
    • Admira G1 wrote:

No I don't see it that way. I see it as I can be online for longer in game days than you while playing the same amount of time. I have notifications on for acts of war, missile, diplomacy and other important things. If I get attacked I'll get notified and be able to respond and quickly end an invasion attempt. I have almost lost all my homelands in games when I was asleep or at work a few times. That's much more tolerable than being attacked and then having to spend the next 8-16 real hours trying to defend yourself or invading a good player/coalition and doing the same hours to continue the invasion.

Counterpoint: I can sleep peacefully at night. Slower pace also means that you can be less active even during wars.
      Personally I enjoy not having to be highly active for couple hours when being attacked and instead having it at a slower pace spread out throughout a longer timeframe
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Admira G1 wrote:

No I don't see it that way. I see it as I can be online for longer in game days than you while playing the same amount of time. I have notifications on for acts of war, missile, diplomacy and other important things. If I get attacked I'll get notified and be able to respond and quickly end an invasion attempt. I have almost lost all my homelands in games when I was asleep or at work a few times. That's much more tolerable than being attacked and then having to spend the next 8-16 real hours trying to defend yourself or invading a good player/coalition and doing the same hours to continue the invasion.

Counterpoint: I can sleep peacefully at night. Slower pace also means that you can be less active even during wars.Personally I enjoy not having to be highly active for couple hours when being attacked and instead having it at a slower pace spread out throughout a longer timeframe
      Counterpoint to counterpoint: I don't spend months in 1 game, I don't have to wait 1+ days for something to research, also don't have to wait to long or days for a ballation to get to point a to point b.

4x brings stress and fastness
      1x brings slowness and safeness
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris