OPINION REQUESTED: What happens, 1X guy VS 4X guy, various situations?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Again I must state I have no had enjoyed the honors to cross opulon of my bucket list...

I did K_SVA once just to see if the top 1 player does any good...well i was disapointed.(just noticed he fell down to second place.so i must stalk luis cyfer now)

Biggest highscore would be @germanico...I wonder if he would use Gold to not lose...
      I was once in a coalition with K_SVA, I bowed to him (he is CON royalty).... lol
      I am more the Rebel kind...kick the king...and take the queen...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • KFGauss wrote:

OK - I'm curious now - What"s this K_SVA's standard OOB, economic approach, and battlefield strategy?

Can anyone summarize it well for me?

Bonus points if you point out weaknesses without writing a wall of text.
      50 maps at once.
      Lots of infantry + some mobile anti-air.

Conquer blindly. It if fails (and it fails regularly), launch another map.

If it works, do it again (until it fails). Depending on success, Add MBTs. Add Strike Fighters. If you survive, add Heavy Bombers, then missiles.

The overall "success" rate is less than 10%, but he merely plays for the scoring (aka top board)

Economics are irremarkable, except for one thing : When he "succeeds" in a map, he will annex everything for points.

I can't point any "weaknesses" in his approach because it is a big weakness as a whole.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • KFGauss wrote:

OK - I'm curious now - What"s this K_SVA's standard OOB, economic approach, and battlefield strategy?

Can anyone summarize it well for me?

Bonus points if you point out weaknesses without writing a wall of text.
      Seriously, I honestly don't get this formulaic approach to CoN. Sure, I have "base" things I do, and "base" units I use, but nothing near an OOB, standard economic approach or battlefield strategy.
      I adhere to Sun Tzu's :

“If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it nor the wise make plans against it.”
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Seriously, I honestly don't get this formulaic approach to CoN. Sure, I have "base" things I do, and "base" units I use, but nothing near an OOB, standard economic approach or battlefield strategy.I adhere to Sun Tzu's :

“If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it nor the wise make plans against it.”
      All things in moderation.

Having a flexible military OOB plan and a flexible economic plan before starting a game is a good idea.

Slavishly sticking to either during a fight with Sun Tzu would invite a defeat.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

So, I was wondering, suppose we had a guy who primarily plays 1X, and a guy who primarily plays 4X, and they are typical skill levels for their respective groups. Which would be easier, 1X guy beating 4X guy on a 4X map, or 4X guy beating 1X guy on a 1X map?
      I pick the 1x player beating 4x guy on 4x map as easier.

The post was edited 2 times, last by sundance175 ().

• sundance175 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

So, I was wondering, suppose we had a guy who primarily plays 1X, and a guy who primarily plays 4X, and they are typical skill levels for their respective groups. Which would be easier, 1X guy beating 4X guy on a 4X map, or 4X guy beating 1X guy on a 1X map?
      Patience is a virtue right? i pick the 1x player winning on a 1x map as the easiest.
      Astoundingly, your answer is a non sequitur and does not answer my question. But OK, everybody do their thing.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

4X guy beating 1X guy on a 1X map is more easy than 1X guy beating 4X guy on a 4X map. (My personal opinion)
      Have fun, nothing personal.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Depends *who* is the 1x guy and the 4x guy

the best alliance players are 1x guys who can stand their own in 4x as well

meanwhile if your an impatient 4x who spams MBT and infantry and *naval awac* I'm sure they'll lose even on their own turf
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Yo6 forgot to mention elite ugv...and that other elite thing that i even forget the name cause its ao useless...
      Elite naval awac

no you meant elite UAV
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Topic already answered 10 thousand times in that regard.

top players kick ass of 95% regardless of 1X or 4X. However, due to those top players being 24/24 hyper active fighters, they don't commit to 4X except if they accept that for 10 days they will sleep less than 2 hours a day. So, you will see them more on X1 where you can actully have good nights, even with you put a few "security" alarms throughout the night.

It could be the topic of another thread but i'm sure we all have our "quirks" about that.

For example, i always put my alarms in odds numbers (like 31 minutes, 33 minutes, 35 minutes) to avoid my brain to just anticipate the next alarm and wake me up after 28 minutes or so.

Average 1X player vs Average 4X player ? Doesn't matter, the two are bad, even within their respective prefered game mode.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.