What is with air units having an innate sense of other units?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is with air units having an innate sense of other units?

It really bothers me that once you set an air unit to attack something it now permanently knows where that unit is even if it moves dozens of tiles away. I will set my artillery to attack a unit then immediately have it air assault away to avoid it being attacked by jets only for the jets to attack the spot where the artillery last was and then teleport to my artillery and deal full damage. The only thing that will stop it from attacking is if you completely move out of range. I dont understand why air units can find a ground or sea unit after an the initial attack and go right back to it after refueling even if it has moved some distance away.
    • This is complete BS too. I could see if you were in their territory and units could "see" you. But had it happen last game a NASF stack was following 1 NG unit on my land ; which it would never know where I was or where i was heading. Luckily didnt do much damage ;)

Used this "Feature" to lead his unmanned NASF stack to my awaiting Frig stack on the coast.

Also I had a 4 stack of AI armor follow me all over my land this game. Again no way it could see you; but if hit AI stack with arty then all armor comes at you; which is fine if goes to last known position but it followed me zig zagging out of line of site for a day, so again just lead it to the range of my EAA.

Same thing happens with Shelling AI with ships; escaping transport will follow you; which does help. But just stupid.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp