Double Resource Games?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Double Resource Games?

I think that an interesting idea for a new gamemode would be double resource games or higher. It would allow for absolutely massive battles and chaos. Normal speed games just more reources so that there can be bigger scale conflicts. It would really be a test of tactical skill as wars and battles would not be so decisive after a couple engagements.
    • This would discourage the use of gold and income for game makers. So wont happen ;(

They just removed a lot of cities to make RSS more scarce and increase gold usage. They basically want a few mega countries with 8 - 10 cities to cause the smaller 5 or 6 city countries to buy gold to compete with Mega countries.

A fair model would make all starting countries 6 city countries. Not sure how any one plays with n or s korea with 4 cities; almost have to buy gold to play those as missing 1 whole resource.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Double Resources? Lol I usually struggle with exactly what to spend all my res on about day 20.

Just get better resource management.

Wars and Battles being decided after a couple of engagements is an issue for you? Wait until you learn about the ones that are decided before any fighting starts with engagements only being formality.
      CON is like 90% planning and 10% fighting; if you want to have combat last longer then more units wont solve that; you’d need to dramatically increase the Time To Kill.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

This would discourage the use of gold and income for game makers. So wont happen ;(

They just removed a lot of cities to make RSS more scarce and increase gold usage. They basically want a few mega countries with 8 - 10 cities to cause the smaller 5 or 6 city countries to buy gold to compete with Mega countries.

A fair model would make all starting countries 6 city countries. Not sure how any one plays with n or s korea with 4 cities; almost have to buy gold to play those as missing 1 whole resource.
      It's a fun little bit of CoN history. For once, it's not the greediness of the devs that is to blame.

Back in 2017, they weren't playable (Israel, NK/SK).
      Players complained "what, it's WW3 and we can't play them ?! we want to play them"
      - "Sorry, we can't, the map isn't designed to accomodate such small territories, just look at the cities !"
      Players insisted.
      - "Well, well, we'll try to squeeze in some cities, but please be warned : it will not be balanced, we can't make 7-cities country out of them"
      Players rejoiced
      - "Here you go, now, please don't complain about how those countries may be close to unplayable, they weren't supposed to be playable in the first place"
      And players, in their great wisdom, never complained.
      Joking, of course. They complain, up to this day :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.