Space Missiles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are they ICMB's they go into space, BM's stay in the earth's atmosphere.
      So are you using ICBMS or BMS
      If your using BMS
      Report a bug.
      Screenshot 2022-07-01 11.00.50 PM.png
      Here's a small and simple diagram of a ICBM
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Destroyer 4 ().

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Are they ICMB's they go into space, BM's stay in the earth's atmosphere.
      If your using BMS
      Report a bug.
      In case you didn't notice, real world ICBMs are a type of BM

That means that real world BMs travel in the region we label outer space.

This sort of things is why real world diagrams are roughly 100% irrelevant inside games.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• KFGauss wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Are they ICMB's they go into space, BM's stay in the earth's atmosphere.
      If your using BMS
      Report a bug.
      In case you didn't notice, real world ICBMs are a type of BM
      That means that real world BMs travel in the region we label outer space.

This sort of things is why real world diagrams are roughly 100% irrelevant inside games.
      Incase you didn't notice, I'm talking about in-game there's a difference, ICBMs (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile) go into space.
      Ballistic Missiles stay in Earth's inner atmosphere.

• Given the initial post's information, and the fact that it was about an in-game situation, your description of what some real world ballistic missile types do stirikes me as irrelevant.

Real world missile behavior isn't a reason for an in-game bug report

I've been told that in the computer simulation both types of simulated ballistic missiles travel in simulated straight lines; and while those calculations are occurring, some graphics depicting either a 2D projection of a 3D arc or of a straight line get drawn.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Given the initial post's information, and the fact that it was about an in-game situation, your description of what some real world ballistic missile types do stirikes me as irrelevant.

Real world missile behavior isn't a reason for an in-game bug report

I've been told that in the computer simulation both types of simulated ballistic missiles travel in simulated straight lines; and while those calculations are occurring, some graphics depicting either a 2D projection of a 3D arc or of a straight line get drawn.
      But don't both go at an angle not straight, so must be a bug of some sort.

• Yeah they finally came down. But normally a nice arc with BMs . they shot out of atmosphere in 2 min; traveled up in space for 30 min (based on speed would have gotten past the moon) than fell straight down last 2 min. On phone they just track in a straight line but when you zoomed in they disappeared, so was worried they were bugged. My coal partner saw the same thing so def was game not my devices.

Once I shot a Cruise missile and instead of going 10 min in East direction thing headed west at warp speed; circled the earth and hit from opposite side...lol So was going about 100k MPH on screen or about Mach 150 ;) Was like WTF is that thing going.

Good News: Knocked Japan back to Day 1 ;) Actually this new game strategy is in thanks to that missile challenge I took on a few months ago. I have evolved my game strategy from SF heavy to high level ASF/EAA early on and Elite Bombers later. The combination is devastating and has expediated my time to finish games. 6 Conventional BMS from 3 Elite Bombers at once are just devastating to opponents and sucks the life out of them. Never used Elite Bombers till that challenge and they are a game changer.

More effective than Nuke ICBMs IMHO. I basically neutralized a whole country in 30 min; The Conv BMs are enough to inflict serious city damage without the huge Morale damage/ costs to nuke an entire country. He went from 6 naval cities (why every city??); 2-3 Air cities; a few high level Army cities to basically now just able to produce 1 Inf ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Admira G1 wrote:

I would be your worst enemy. Against players like you I make 20-30 maxed lvl SAMs and special forces hiding in your territory. I agree the built you describe is fun and I've tried it myself and gone against it. But with enough SAMs you'll have infantry left. Always make choppers even lvl 1 just in case
      Sorry but, who really asked my maanns?

• Admira G1 wrote:

I would be your worst enemy. Against players like you I make 20-30 maxed lvl SAMs and special forces hiding in your territory. I agree the built you describe is fun and I've tried it myself and gone against it. But with enough SAMs you'll have infantry left. Always make choppers even lvl 1 just in case
      Taking a look at your 10 pct win ratio; Id take my chances. 30 SAMS....lol Im wrecking you before you get 3. Im not waiting till day 90; this is day was day 20; you have 30 SAMS day 20? And just like if see someone Nav 4; Army 3 guys go straight to the top of the list. Like I am just now invading Japan 3 days later. It is just a threat elimination.

I was Spain attacking Japan. After owning North america. Exactly how would you think get special forces past my Navy when they can only fly 400 miles; I hit Japan half the world away? And What would choppers do?

Sure if someone just wants to turtle up.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Actually Day 20 most your SAMS could do is 4 missile damage.. so would take 5 to stop a lvl4 BM. so you are going to have 5 lvl 4 SAMS x 6 cities?? Plus assume would need some for frontline troops. 20 would only get you 3 per city and at 12 hp even the first 19 HP missile would get through; then with 2nd double tap missile.. bam all the sams are dead

You would have devote 2 full cities to this production.

• The Pale Rider wrote:

Actually Day 20 most your SAMS could do is 4 missile damage.. so would take 5 to stop a lvl4 BM. so you are going to have 5 lvl 4 SAMS x 6 cities?? Plus assume would need some for frontline troops. 20 would only get you 3 per city and at 12 hp even the first 19 HP missile would get through; then with 2nd double tap missile.. bam all the sams are dead

You would have devote 2 full cities to this production.
      Day 20? Ok let's say you're talking day 20. So you're saying having 20 SAMs on day 20 is not doable but you have high lvl ASF, EAA, Elite bombers, and I assume a navy and some form of lvl Ed up ground units, as well as BM with 19hp which is like lvl 3+ research. Obviously I don't make 20 SAMs on day 20 just like you don't have all of those research and units on day 20 unless you use gold.