My BM missile was defeated by a fighter squadron...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1733973qaz wrote:

Is it possible for a BM missile to be defeated by a fighter squardron? That just happened when I attacked a golder.
      please post the Log entry. Most likely a AA or Frig around. 5 lvl 4 will shoot down 20 hp missile and a lvl 4 BM only 19 HP.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Teburu wrote:

lol no
      doesnt even deal damage against missiles
      Well in theory it doesn't deal defense damage against ground units; but it does so who knows? Plane stats are not accurate. Missile could have ben dinged up by AA and then was defeated by grounded planes magical powers... doubtful but who knows with CoN. As based on unit screen they have no ground defense but still beat ground units while grounded.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

Teburu wrote:

lol no
      Well in theory it doesn't deal defense damage against ground units; but it does so who knows? Plane stats are not accurate. Missile could have ben dinged up by AA and then was defeated by grounded planes magical powers... doubtful but who knows with CoN. As based on unit screen they have no ground defense but still beat ground units while grounded.
      Hmm, you seem to be a big fan of grounded plane mechanics.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

Teburu wrote:

lol no
      They are in a different "mode" when on the ground tho and the damage stats given only apply while midair.
      IIRC they are pretty much the only unit that has actual combat values on two kinds of terrain? (air and land)

If they don't have a stat for DMG to Missiles, then they don't do any dmg to missiles while mid-air.
      Funny enough, Missiles on the other hand DO have defensive values against aircraft.

There are a couple of different explanations for what he observed, but all boil down to "it's probably a bug".
      If in doubt, file a Report and pray a mod will answer.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

Teburu wrote:

lol no
      Hmm, you seem to be a big fan of grounded plane mechanics.
      I too used to be a big fan, but nowadays I identify as more of an air conditioner.
      I am The Baseline for opinions