Naval Patrol Routes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Naval Patrol Routes

I was organizing some of my ships to defend a stretch of water and I thought it would be pretty neat if naval units had a patrol option. You create a route that could be with several waypoints as to create for example a patrol around an island and then you select a patrol option. That makes this “route” permanent and the vessel just keeps patrolling.

thoughts?
    • Decent idea... but you already set ways points. looping afew times a few sec.

Now waypoints on Planes would help more. Rigt now you cant even manually set a waypoint patrol with planes
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • I have had this idea before and since it wasn't a thing I did just use several way points, but it would be great if you could set a patrol loop, that automatically engages hostile units.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• truffa wrote:

I was organizing some of my ships to defend a stretch of water and I thought it would be pretty neat if naval units had a patrol option. You create a route that could be with several waypoints as to create for example a patrol around an island and then you select a patrol option. That makes this “route” permanent and the vessel just keeps patrolling.

thoughts?
      On the few times I built land launchers BM or ICBM, I set them on massive loops always keeping them moving
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

truffa wrote:

thoughts?
      On the few times I built land launchers BM or ICBM, I set them on massive loops always keeping them moving
      sure you have realized Elite Bombers far more cost effective and can deploy wide areas at much greater speed. Ive never launched a ICBM nor have ever launched any missile from land. Think first time tried missiles did a land launcher but 12 hr reload after landing is an issue. But 3 Elite Bombers can launch 6 BMS and get in and out with no trace to get launcher hit; lvl3 5000 miles plus BM can reach almost any part of map. Launch over water and they probably think a Ballistic sub ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

sure you have realized Elite Bombers far more cost effective and can deploy wide areas at much greater speed. Ive never launched a ICBM nor have ever launched any missile from land. Think first time tried missiles did a land launcher but 12 hr reload after landing is an issue. But 3 Elite Bombers can launch 6 BMS and get in and out with no trace to get launcher hit; lvl3 5000 miles plus BM can reach almost any part of map. Launch over water and they probably think a Ballistic sub ;)
      I am insulted.

First I am insulted in my unit knowledge. Then I am insulted by an irrelevant point. Then after a reflection, I am insulted again with more questioning of my unit knowledge. All because I tried to tie into the topic with something I do once in a blue moon, when I'm screwing around.

Pah!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD