How reduced cities /resources changed my game style

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How reduced cities /resources changed my game style

Since the latest updates I have noticed that apart from having 1 city less...many citys also produce less ressources.

The city that does rares produces less then 800 units per day.

So I have adapted my playstyle.
      I am more agressive/expansive in th early game.
      Playing SIM City and doing industry doesnt pay off anymore. Return on investment is to low.
      I do a lvl 1 industry to build units and rest of resoruces increase comes from newly conquered cities...

@devs: You made a hungry predator even more agressive...If this is good for other players or bad...I cannot judge...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Since the latest updates I have noticed that apart from having 1 city less...many citys also produce less ressources.

Playing SIM City and doing industry doesnt pay off anymore. Return on investment is to low.
      I do a lvl 1 industry to build units and rest of resoruces increase comes from newly conquered cities...

@devs: You made a hungry predator even more agressive...If this is good for other players or bad...I cannot judge...
      Building sim city never did pay off. Ive always played the low build / high aggressive game.

Even in games start with 5 cities by day 6 usually one of top economies all with lvl 1 Arms or none (Only build if need for advanced weapons). By day 9 I am always #1 economy.

A lvl1 Arms even takes 10 days to recoup costs and lvl2 gives less of a proportionate increase and longer time to recoup costs; given the exponential costs to build each higher lvl. Just won Rising tides with no cities above arms 1 and far out economized 2nd place country who had all lvl 5 Arms.

Biggest bang for buck is to build Local industry in occuppied resource Prov. Especially electronics /rare as usually a bottle neck and Local Ind only requires supp/ components. Playing as japan had 2 comp/supp cities but low on Elec. Built lvl 3 local ind in s korea elec prov and that was producing more than my highest occuppied elec city.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • well i push the resources i need most: electronics and supply and only consider for ROI the direct ressources such as: lvl up costs me 300 electronics...it will bring 10% from 1500 daily production. which means 150 per day ..ROI after day 3.

Components, money, rares and petrol are not considered as i always ahve enough of them...but electronics is most essesntial for high vlass toys so the invest pays off...

but ou are right. Local resoruces...at least only lvl 1 pays off...given the fast that you dont need electronics to upgrade them i even do lvl 3 on local electronics to push the output.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

well i push the resources i need most: electronics and supply and only consider for ROI the direct ressources such as: lvl up costs me 300 electronics...it will bring 10% from 1500 daily production. which means 150 per day ..ROI after day 3.

Components, money, rares and petrol are not considered as i always ahve enough of them...but electronics is most essesntial for high vlass toys so the invest pays off...

but ou are right. Local resoruces...at least only lvl 1 pays off...given the fast that you dont need electronics to upgrade them i even do lvl 3 on local electronics to push the output.
      Play with Spain on WW3... It will change your Life ;-) Only Country with 2 Elec cities Ive ever played; so end up with tons of Elec and easier to acquire supp or comp from occupied cities. Plus its pretty good location as a peninsula on edge of europe (Mtns to East) and can take N. Africa then off to races. Easy to block med at Gibraltar.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• My favourite countries were Indonesia and Colombia, both of which lost 1 city i think with components. Playing Indonesia now and I've started relying less on component units and more on supply units. Gunships, MRL, lots of SAMS instead of strike fighters.

Also smaller navy and corvettes as bait, long range alarm system instead of destroyers.

3rd change, is using units that require components to recruit but not maintain, like attack helicopters and special forces more often.

It's definitely made a lot of players change styles and builts but I really don't mind it since I never really have a "regular built" that I go with. I just wing it and check what my next opponent has and I counter it
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Hmmm maybe you'll get to be as aggressive as I am. :)

Your Aggressivity Index, is 0.80 (which is what portion of your overall score that is military only points), mine is 0.86

I would have calculated The Pale Rider's too, but it seems none of the "pale riders" I could find were valid players
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Your Aggressivity Index, is 0.80 (which is what portion of your overall score that is military only points), mine is 0.86

I would have calculated The Pale Rider's too, but it seems none of the "pale riders" I could find were valid players
      Its BuckeyeChamp. and mine is .893 winner winner chicken dinner. Would be higher but last few games I just spam Mil logistics and army bases purely for econ XP.

Now they should take rank points away from lost units or prov. Some of top ranked players have terrible stats play 1500 games. (#7 ranked player has a aggresivity Index of .134 ;(

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• The Pale Rider wrote:

Its BuckeyeChamp. and mine is .893 winner winner chicken dinner. Would be higher but last few games I just spam Mil logistics and army bases purely for econ XP.
      Now they should take rank points away from lost units or prov. Some of top ranked players have terrible stats play 1500 games. (#7 ranked player has a aggresivity Index of .134 ;(
      Wait, wait, wait a minute, ... Buckeyechamp is now "The Pale Rider" on this forum????

WTH happened???
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Just a change of pace. I actually figured out the signature thing and my quote; lead to new avatar and then changed forum name.

BuckeyeChamp has always been my fantasy or sports ID; but Pale Rider fits my CoN game better ;)

• Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

I do a lot of weird and different combinations. I don't like the common strike fighter and lvl 6 infantry early on a lot of people use. That combo you can be very aggressive and if others around you don't have the same you'll bulldoze through an entire continent in a week. Once I control 30-40 cities I don't expand anymore and just build for the final fight. Odd thing since I've started playing this game, I can remember only two different times where someone attacked me. It's always me that attacks others, not sure why but I usually take 20 days of not expanding and just build for final fight. Once the final fight is done I archive the game and let whoever is most active in the coalition or map get the solo win or grab all the land they want till the game is done
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

Just a change of pace. I actually figured out the signature thing and my quote; lead to new avatar and then changed forum name.

BuckeyeChamp has always been my fantasy or sports ID; but Pale Rider fits my CoN game better ;)
      I was wondering where this Pale rider suddenly popped up with all the comments and likes...Plase add to your signature that a.ka.a buckeychamp