Significant Gold Use Revealed By Stats?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Significant Gold Use Revealed By Stats?

Among those who play primarily public games (not in an active alliance), I think I've figured out how to tell who uses enough gold to matter, from their stats.

1) Military/Economic Score Ratio: Is it greater than 6:1? This is a golder red flag.
      2) Province Ratio is nicely positive, say 2:1 or more; but K/D is below 1:1 against humans. This is a golder red flag.
      3) 25% of all games started end with some type of win. This is a golder red flag.

If all three of these red flags are waving, I think you can be fairly certain the player is a golder.

Please post your opinions and thoughts concerning this. Thanks!
    • Blitzkrieger64 wrote:

Among those who play primarily public games (not in an active alliance), I think I've figured out how to tell who uses enough gold to matter, from their stats.

1) Military/Economic Score Ratio: Is it greater than 6:1? This is a golder red flag.
      2) Province Ratio is nicely positive, say 2:1 or more; but K/D is below 1:1 against humans. This is a golder red flag.

3) 25% of all games started end with some type of win. This is a golder red flag.

If all three of these red flags are waving, I think you can be fairly certain the player is a golder.

Lol .. so picks your stats and anyone better than you must be spending gold.

#1 Those with low Mil / Econ score are just bob the builders thus dont win.

#3 Its almost hard not to win this game and 25 pct win ratio is pretty damn bad on public matches. (So your 28 pct win ratio is a Gold Redflag? lol)

#2 doesnt even make sense a 2:1 Prov ratio and less than 1:1 human just means someone only does well against AI and/or is a vulture to teammates.

How in the heck do you have almost 1200 Arms Industry in 59 games. thats an avg of 20 Arms per game (complete waste of recourses). your stats are pretty good but your issue appears you move way to slow. Wait back building and late to the party to get a win??

@Cash108 Tell this guy how I showed you how to win with very little wasted on buildings and grow economy via quick conquest.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 5 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Blitzkrieger64 wrote:

<X
      Have fun, nothing personal.
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

How in the heck do you have almost 1200 Arms Industry in 59 games. thats an avg of 20 Arms per game (complete waste of recourses). your stats are pretty good but your issue appears you move way to slow. Wait back building and late to the party to get a win??
      avg of 20 arms per game isnt that much tho? if you have more than 5 cities that's more than easily reached.
      eg: I have approx 30/game average and they tend to be more of an afterthought

The Pale Rider wrote:

#2 doesnt even make sense a 2:1 Prov ratio and less than 1:1 human just means someone only does well against AI and/or is a vulture to teammates.
      A really big discrepancy between both values can be an indicator tho; simply because making kills and keeping units alive is a lot harder than simply capturing territory
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

avg of 20 arms per game isnt that much tho? if you have more than 5 cities that's more than easily reached.eg: I have approx 30/game average and they tend to be more of an afterthought

The Pale Rider wrote:

A really big discrepancy between both values can be an indicator tho; simply because making kills and keeping units alive is a lot harder than simply capturing territory
      I end up with # 1 economy every game with lvl1 arms. Anything beyond that just wasting resources as each level has greater costs and less and less return. what can I do with the 15 units Im building instead of 15 arms industry builds? Take a lot more cities early which fuels economy early; which allows more units... etc.

Or build nav 2 - 3 or air 2 - 3 in cities instead. these have real function to produce advanced weapons early and provide half resource boost that an Arms Ind lvl build; which captures more territory/cities... which feeds the beast. Advanced Arms builds are a sucker investment. Last Rising tides game I had #1 economy with nothing > lvl1 arms. #2 economy was like 30 pct less with all lvl 5 Arms.

A 2:1 Prov ratio is nothing and no relation to live kills. someone could play flashpoint the whole game and maybe never run into a real live player.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• The Pale Rider wrote:

Blitzkrieger64 wrote:

Lol .. so picks your stats and anyone better than you must be spending gold.
      #1 Those with low Mil / Econ score are just bob the builders thus dont win.

#3 Its almost hard not to win this game and 25 pct win ratio is pretty damn bad on public matches. (So your 28 pct win ratio is a Gold Redflag? lol)

@Cash108 Tell this guy how I showed you how to win with very little wasted on buildings and grow economy via quick conquest.
      Pale Rider,

It's not any SINGLE item of the three that causes me to believe a person is a golder. It's all THREE together that convince me.
      You are correct that I am slow out of the gate. I do develop a lot of industry. I do this early on. If I'm alive by Day 7, you're dead...28% of the time. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blitzkrieger64 ().

• Blitzkrieger64 wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

Blitzkrieger64 wrote:

Lol .. so picks your stats and anyone better than you must be spending gold.#1 Those with low Mil / Econ score are just bob the builders thus dont win.

Pale Rider,
      It's not any SINGLE item of the three that causes me to believe a person is a golder. It's all THREE together that convince me.
      You are correct that I am slow out of the gate. I do develop a lot of industry. I do this early on. If I'm alive by Day 7, you're dead. :)
      Well I and others win as have exact opposite strategy.. Start fast; grow which feeds quicker growth; etc and then kill anyone you see building up. Just won WW3 4 man coalition in 27 days; Rising tide solo 26 days; 2 man on BGUSA day 12 and have wiped out any other contenders; its now mop up time.

So If people are only dead if you survive past day 7? That would indicate 72 pct of your games you get wiped out by day 7?? Which based on stats doesnt really seem to be as have a good K:D ratio. You just appear to be too slow and let other players and/or coalitions get too big of a head start. If everyone was dead after you survived Day 7 you would have a far higher win ratio or a much worse k:d ratio.

Its just not slow how you building Industry for 7 days. You have also neglected Air and Navy bases as can only build one thing a day per city on avg. Its the opportunity cost of what you didnt build.

Day 1 Build Arms Ind (9 hrs) ; Air 2 finishes day 2 or Nav2 9 hrs finishes day 2. Im cranking EAAs and ships while you are building Arms Ind. Ground troops just cheap NGs as my Planes and Ships do all the killing..

Im not building up for day 60.

• Pale Rider wrote: "I end up with # 1 economy every game with lvl1 arms. Anything beyond that just wasting resources as each level has greater costs and less and less return. what can I do with the 15 units Im building instead of 15 arms industry builds? Take a lot more cities early which fuels economy early; which allows more units... etc.

Or build nav 2 - 3 or air 2 - 3 in cities instead. these have real function to produce advanced weapons early and provide half resource boost that an Arms Ind lvl build; which captures more territory/cities... which feeds the beast. Advanced Arms builds are a sucker investment. Last Rising tides game I had #1 economy with nothing > lvl1 arms. #2 economy was like 30 pct less with all lvl 5 Arms."

I like this. It makes sense. I'm going to try it out.
    • Blitzkrieger64 wrote:

Keep in mind, we're talking about your average public golder, not the small handful of pros one might run into. My three red flags can spot your average public golder, I think.
      My experience golders dont have good stats nor win and are terrible players. Most games I beatdown 1 - 2 significant golders (some imagine spend several hundred) based on what they build and how fast.

Only ran into 1 or 2 golders who werent worth beating (auto healing; spinning up 5 ships at once etc). But some of my favorite parts of games are beating golders day 1 of battle; then you know damn well they are pulling CC; day 2 magically replenished troops plus some; beat them; day 3 have ratcheted up Nav 5 and air 5 and trying to build aircraft carriers; stealth; etc. but by that time in position just to bombard their cities; by end of day 3 of battle most give up and/or maxed out CC.

• Teburu wrote:

Blitzkrieger64 wrote:

Keep in mind, we're talking about your average public golder, not the small handful of pros one might run into. My three red flags can spot your average public golder, I think.
      Eheasiest way is still just looking at their buildings
      What do you look for in their building? High level stuff like Airbase 4 on Day 2 is obvious; but what about the guy who is not golding build time...the guy who is simply golding any resource shortage that may come up. The guy who never waits for resources, only construction/mobilization time. The same guy who is building only level one factories. :D
    • Blitzkrieger64 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Blitzkrieger64 wrote:

Eheasiest way is still just looking at their buildings
      What do you look for in their building? High level stuff like Airbase 4 on Day 2 is obvious; but what about the guy who is not golding build time...the guy who is simply golding any resource shortage that may come up. The guy who never waits for resources, only construction/mobilization time. The same guy who is building only level one factories. :D
      I look at jumps in levels; as in build up faster than possible if not gold assisted. Going from AB1 to AB5 overnight; which normally would take 4 or 5 days. Im always scanning cities to prioritize threats.

Like last game. Beat down a Colombia airforce. So left EAAs out patrolling; when went to bed guy had nothing but level 1 airbase (I had beaten his lvl 1 ASFs with my level 4 ASFs). In middle of night my EAAs got attacked by Nav ASF (so he built AB2 and AB3 in one night; researched NASF; built 4 of them and actually continued on to AB 5 although was 8 days away from unlocking stealth ;-)). Luckily idiot was attacking my ground troops with his NASF so lead him to coast to get eaten up by my frigs. Most golders dont know how to use the toys they buy

• My biggest red flag is when they are on discord and begin to give advices to beginner that are not doable without continuous and hefty sums of gold.

It means gold is genetically induced in their playstyle, to the point they can't even see the impact anymore.

And a massive gold user psyche is often about "man, what i spend doesn't change the outcome that much".
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.