You are the First Winner of not reading Assumptions:Good analysis (interesting math done), but i would like to debunk the myth that there was a myth to debunk about arms industries.
However, contrarly to what the math tends to point, i've not managed yet to win a game without building arms industries, for the sole reason it's often a requirement to build units
Assumptions: (Guarantee at least 2 responses will ignore these in their counter arguments)
1. Base 5 City Country ( 1 city per Resource) based on BGUSA map
2. Build arms in all cities each level ( yes someone will say well I only need X... yada .. yada)
3. Does not factor in morale; pop growth etc.
4. Does not factor in added occupied cities.
5. Does not factor in buying / Selling on the Market
6. Assume everyone will build Level 1 (Need for advanced units)
Once i said "good analysis (interesting math done)", everything after was for the sake of joking around, especially about your 6th assumption point, which was very funny in my opinion, because in a deranged mind, i can totally imagine someone trying to win a map without doing arms industry
Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.