Debunking the Arms Industry Myth

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• playbabe wrote:

population is HP based, it’s actually hidden building with same exact mechanics as building.
      Interesting tidbit, thanks.

My main point about this is that the change of population can be indirectly followed via its visible effect on the resource production. From this one can conclude that the change is continuous (and, consequently, there must be an underlying float), despite the rounded display only changing stepwise.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zozo001 ().

• Zozo001 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

When I read it I was thinking that @pb is saying the Pop Growth announcements would tell you exactly when Pop reached a new integer value.
      But why would that be more accurate?
      I believe that @pb was replying to you writing something along the lines of not being able to tell what population values are (in general) because floating point numbers get converted into integers (or only have one digit to the left of the decimal point) when we see them.

I believe @pb is saying that when the timestamped announcements appear we know exact population values, because the floating-to-integer conversion isn't adding any ambiguity (at that one moment) - The pop value at the time of the announcement is exactly (plus or minus a tiny amount) what the announcement says it is.
    • KFGauss wrote:

the floating-to-integer conversion isn't adding any ambiguity (at that one moment)
      It is, actually - without seeing the code (which playbabe might, but we cannot), one cannot be sure whether it is converted by rounding or truncating (or even just passing a threshold). Althought at least we can assume it is a sharp value, rather than a rounding range, then.
      humble player

• Alirght i'm back! BABY
      Screenshot 2022-11-25 165926.png
      The time it took for that city to go from population 6 to 7 by default I claimed is 12.083 day. Due to ongoing war, at the start said city have -1% Population Growth modifier.
      which become higher in later. When the game notified me that population have become 7, it took 12.27 day, which is within my range of error (12.20-12.59 day)

In conclusion:
      I'm correct and now expecting better or equally good evident to say otherwise
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • no.
      1. I verified my law, It is safe to assumed that every population step work exactly the same
      2. You need to better present your evidence to say otherwise beside.
      3. there's so many problems with your law, the ambiguity of rounding and at which point the pop will increase by 0.1, Here what you need to do. Work out your error range.

end of discussion
    • playbabe wrote:

1. I verified my law,
      You have yet to present what your "law" is, though. You merely showed a table (whose entries are notably disconnected from one day to the other), and then partially verified one entry from the middle. The only thing we can tell from that, so far, is when the integer valued populations are reached (assuming 100% morale throughout). It is not clear what the rates are at other points of the growth curve.
      humble player

• Have you verified that all building construction time follow the same law?
      Have you verified that all unit mobilization time follow the same law?
      Have you verified that all decontamination time follow the same law?
      Have you verified that all population time follow the same law?
      Have you verified that all unit speed follows the same law?
      Have you verified that ANYTHING THAT'S SAFE TO ASSUMED IS CORRECT, IS CORRECT?
      HAVE YOU VERIFED EACH HP OF ANY BUILD FOLLOW THE GOD DAMN SAME LAW!??

YOU, the one that doesn't even know that Population, Contamination and building is governed under the GOD DAMN SAME EXACT MECHANIC
      There's level, Build time, Recourse output, AND even empty upkeep line. (Because the code is import from Call of war where their population have Food upkeep)
    • Alright repeat after me then

How building work step by step
      1. having enough resources
      2. press start construction, the time needed is sited from game file
      3. modified construction speed by morale, up to +45% time required, start dropping when below 80% morale linearly
      4. Divided construction time by the building HP, so you get 1 HP every X unit of time.
      5. if building is damaged while in construction, continue until finished original timer. then requires players input to feed extra resources for repair the lost HP.
      6. if the construction is canceled, return %resources proportionally by how much time spent.
      7. when completed, send notification.

How population work
      - exactly the same as how building work but no resources and no player input so
      1. auto start construction, the time needed is sited from game file
      2. modified construction speed by morale, up to +45% time required, start dropping when below 80% morale linearly
      3. Divided construction time by the building HP, so you get 1 HP every X unit of time.
      4. if building is damaged while in construction, auto cancel and start again to adjust the time.
      5. when completed, send notification, auto start the next level.

The sited section is as following
      "buildTime": "86400",
      "upgrName": {"en": "Population level 2"}
      "buildTime": "129600",
      "upgrName": {"en": "Population level 3"}
      "buildTime": "172800",
      "upgrName": {"en": "Population level 4"}
      "buildTime": "259200",
      "upgrName": {"en": "Population level 5"}
      "buildTime": "576000",
      "upgrName": {"en": "Population level 6"}
      "buildTime": "1044000",
      "upgrName": {"en": "Population level 7"}
      "buildTime": "1620000",
      "upgrName": {"en": "Population level 8"}
      "buildTime": "2700000",
      "upgrName": {"en": "Population level 9"}
      "buildTime": "6840000",
      "upgrName": {"en": "Population level 10"}

The post was edited 1 time, last by playbabe ().

• playbabe wrote:

How building work step by step
      First of all, I had noticed a distinctly adversarial tone from you, which I could not understand - if my language triggered it then I apologize.

Secondly, much appreciate this detailed info, which is useful indeed.

Thirdly, correct me if my interpretation is wrong, but the essence boils down to this: for the growth rate, look up hidden piecewise constants from a table.
      While this is a rule, obviously, I would not call it a "law".

And lastly, this seems clear but I am asking just to double-check: this means the growth rate suddenly changes at each integer step, and stays constant in between. Is my understanding correct?
      humble player
    • Zozo001 wrote:

And lastly, this seems clear but I am asking just to double-check: this means the growth rate suddenly changes at each integer step, and stays constant in between. Is my understanding correct?
      Yes, but Morale modification do influent it mid-step. But the exact nature is not yet to be determined but it's safe to assumed it run a check when morale is change and update accordingly
    • playbabe wrote:

... modified construction speed by morale, up to +45% time required, start dropping when below 80% morale linearly
      This threshold is different from what I observed (in games 5965648 and 5804193) when systematically recording "City morale effect" values, which start dropping below 90% rather than 80%. Is it possible that the governing parameter was changed recently?

Actually a spot-check in my most recently started game is consistent with my old measurements, -2% CME at 84% morale. The CME should be referring to the drop described by your rules' (2) point, right?

CME=-2% at 84% morale.png
      humble player

The post was edited 6 times, last by Zozo001 ().