Suggestion for game mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion for game mode

A high speed game mode where as soon as you start you have 100k-300k of each resource, no buildings yet except the capital and the airfield like other games. Research doesn't cost anything for the first 20-30 researches and it's instantly finished researching.

This would be a very fast paced game, lots of quick coalitions and alliances forming and great for testing new builts right away. I think it would be very fun. I don't really play to win, I just like testing new units, combinations and strategies but games take too long and I don't have too much free time to play long matches.
    • The people that don't like this suggestion, ok yeah obviously resource management is not part of this but that's the entire point. The point of it is to try out unique builds and have quick matches with friends doing crazy things. This would be like a one week long game. It's not to replace other game modes but do you not see yourself hoping into one of these maps with friends and maybe against specific players, creating a battle plan and rushing your builts? Calculating costs, planning details and seeing chaotic game plays?

I personally think it would draw a lot of new players or fairly new players to this game mode and could be a very good opportunity to learn the mechanics, builts, units and strategies of the game because it's fast paced.

If someone said that this should replace other maps then yes I'd agree this would be a horrible idea but as an addition to other game modes I think it would be very fun and make for interesting wars because new players are not as experienced in resource management, economy building and understanding unit combinations. A few games in these maps that would take the same time as a single 4x map will give them a lot of experience. All I see in public maps is players in lvl 20s and 30s building lvl 5 of every building in every homeland, annexing multiple cities and when you finally meet them all they have is lvl 1 infantry, lvl 1 main battle tanks and corvettes and an airforce that gets taken down by 1 SAM.
    • Admira G1 wrote:

1733973qaz wrote:

No. This defeats half the purpose of resource management.
      yes I agree. That's the entire point. This game mode is not for resource management or long term game planning. It's for quick and chaotic wars. That part was very obvious
      You do realize that resource management (or rather lack of it) is literally Dorado's bread and butter because people buying resources is what pays the bills?

And here you come along and ask, "hey, can we get a game mode where you guys make no money?"
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • It's not my job to consider the company's finances. That's not an argument against the game mode's attraction but alright well , that would be hard to convince the developers. But they can easily make money from it. Make it a limited time event, maybe annually, and ho0k people on the mass amounts of resources, draw in new players to give them a taste and then take it away. Make it available for only security counsel members or create a new tier. Have a buy in option for it.
    • Admira G1 wrote:

It's not my job to consider the company's finances. That's not an argument against the game mode's attraction but alright well , that would be hard to convince the developers. But they can easily make money from it. Make it a limited time event, maybe annually, and ho0k people on the mass amounts of resources, draw in new players to give them a taste and then take it away. Make it available for only security counsel members or create a new tier. Have a buy in option for it.
      It's not your job - Agreed.

However, if you want to put persuasive arguments in front of the people whose job it is; you'll focus very carefully on that topic.
    • I ain't a physicist, all i say is that it's their job to figure it out.

Joke apart, Able Archer is the closest we have from what you desire, in the meaning it's not "that much" about resources management.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Admira G1 wrote:

Opulon wrote:

I ain't a physicist, all i say is that it's their job to figure it out.

Joke apart, Able Archer is the closest we have from what you desire, in the meaning it's not "that much" about resources management.
      Never heard of that game but I like the complexity of CON that's why I play it. I'll look into able archer
      Able Archer is a game within CON.
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D
    • I've never seen an Able Archer map available in 5 years or so of playing this. I've read the description of it (it's on the forum somewhere), and it looks really good on the face of it. If it was in regular rotation, I'd probably play nothing but that.
      I'm sure there were good reasons for it being 'retired': not balanced to the devs' satisfaction, not economically viable for them, whatever.
      It'd be nice to be able to have a go at it sometime, though. Maybe a gold buy-in only mode or something?