Some Questions About The Game and The Forums

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Some Questions About The Game and The Forums

So I gotta couple questions:
      1. Can swear or not on the forum? (I've seen but not much that's why)
      2. Do some units absorb more damage than others? Does the number of units change it? (Ex: 1/4 ASF/SF differs from 2/3 ASF/SF or not?)
      3. EAA replaces need for SF (until the season is over) right?
      4. Learning CON from YT viable or not? I am in no way "new" to the game but experience is lacking, especially since I took a break but some of the YTbers strats are absolute garbage :|
      5. This is more of a request: Can someone from the discord send relevant obscure game mechanics documents, for example like the one Teburu made about how AA works (very helpful :thumbsup: ) In my country Discord is blocked thats why. [docs.google.com/document/d/1oV…YVqrkZkfveJ3SkDGIlY8/edit]
      6. Navy mix of frigates, destroyers, and cruisers are good right? Since ACs are crap, and corvettes early game and maybe to guard homeland ports. Still not sure if subs are worth, but BM sub is good since I dont have the elite bomber for missiles.
      7. How are TDs the best out of the three main armours? AFVs have no terrain debuffs except jungle attack, and even thats only -25%. MBTs I agree are useless though.
      8. Best stack and strategy when you are forced to play inactively? (can only check in 2x a day, for a whole week ;( )
      Would appreciate some feedback! :thumbup:
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • 1. I don't think there is a specific rule against it.
      2. The damage in a stack is distributed equally among the different units, so the number of units does change how much damage each type takes. For example, in a stack of 4 ASF and 1 NASF, the NASF will take half the damage dealt to the stack.
      3. Yes.
      4. I am not going to automatically tell you that it is a terrible way to learn, but overall you can learn much more useful things on this forum.
      5. Can't help you there.
      6.Yes, you want a well balanced stack.
      7. One of their primary uses, if not the only true use, is for defending cities against insurgents.
      8. Hole up in your cities, don't go on attack but have good scouts.
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D
    • 1. Yes you can afaik, dont expect anyone to take you seriously if you do tho
      2. Yes, amount of units doesn't change it; every unit has its own "weight"
      docs.google.com/document/d/1uk…29GcLxxY/edit?usp=sharing

3. Pretty much, would wait until the nerf after the season for a final word on it
      4. Not terrible, but you have to keep in mind that Youtubers often arent "Pros" so they might not explain it well or miss some details. For a rough understanding of the game its viable, for more detailed stuff not really.
      5. There is some collection, @playbabe I think it'd probably be fine to give him the link to the teachers wiki doc?
      6. Destroyers are kinda meh, they don't really do anything for your navy since they are not much of a counter to subs to begin with. Frigate/Cruiser is a solid combo, as is Frigate/Submarine; comes all with its own weaknesses. Carriers are kinda meh but some people do swear on ASW Heli + Carrier so there is that.
      7. They're only really the "best" because of their ability to air assault
      8. I'd just do a combo of aircraft + using the mobile version
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Actually I got a few more q's:
      • So basically I've heard three opinions of use of armour in general:
        • TDs are best armoured unit, should use because (insert obscure, vague, hard-to-understand reason here)
        • All armour sucks because planes and artillery make is kaboom
        • MBTS for the win baby!!1!!!1!
        So I'm kinda confused which opinion is right here (besides the last of course :rolleyes: ) @Bigtallnerd419 your point on the insurgents I have heard about, but really then the only reason I see to use TDs is to repress insurgencies? Like seriously I'm not wasting 16 hours of research and 1,750 RMs to get a unit to reduce the chance sof the very tough-to-beat insurgents of spawning. Europe is really the only viable place to use TDs in the first place, with both doctrine and terrain suited.Also @Teburu is air assault good in the first place? I'm unexperienced in that realm of warfare (seriosuly, no one should be using a unit that has 0.10 speed in all terrain), so I would like to clear some doubts. So I know that troops with air assault (Air. Inf, SFS, CRV, T. Art, TD, SAMS, and MAAV) when given the order, board a heli (if at a airfield I assume) and attack selected territory (if within range of airfield/base, let's say its 200 since I don't actually know what it is). Sure that's nice and all, but there's an hour limit once troops drop onto the territory right? And other q's bout air assault...1. Can I fly troops between airfields/bases around with the heli if within range? 2. Is it necessary for an airfield in the first place? (I vaguely remember in a game like 2 years ago you didn't need air fields you auto board a heli and move to next location if within range of airfield's yellow/orange (don't remember colour) circle?3. Is it even worth going for TDs in the first place? Sure they can board helis (yay very cool awesome) but anyone with ASF will just destroy it with no consequences ?(

• Early game best way to deal with corvette attacks on coastal homeland cities? (besides, of course, building corvettes yourself, which is sometimes hard considering for example if I join as Pakistan at ingame time 09:00, while India joined at 02:00, they have 7 free hours to develop corvettes to destroy my naval ports, essentially screwing me over with 2 cities out of commission and auto-lost cause attrition warfare)
      • MRLs are so expensive to make (Army Base lvl 4 ;( ), around what day should I start researching and producing them (assuming WW3, 1x, stable ground army, navy and airforce already in place)? Should I stop making elec and supply heavy units like frigates and (insert actually useful heavy-supply unit since I can't think of one :/ )?
      • For officers, just naval officer and fixed wing officer is enough right? N. Officer for ship stacks, and F.W. Officer for EAA?

I have some other questions but I'll search and see if there are other threads about them, wouldnt wanna have the forum vets just answering the same exact question 10x in a row :D

• 7. People underestimate or overlook buffs and debuffs. Watch for your next or current invasion/war. Most of the fighting happens inside cities. Either yours or your opponents. If you look at the stats of units with these buffs and debuffs MBTs become pretty weak in comparison. AFV and MBT buff and debuffs in cities change at maxed lvl so it's a bit different but MBT can only airlift at lvl 6 while AFV and TD can airlift at lvl 4. 2 lvls might not seem like a big difference but a lvl 4 TD costs 1.5k components and lvl 4 AFV costs 1.8k ( lvl 7 costs 2.1k) while a lvl 6 MBT costs 2.4K and lvl 7 costs 2.5k. So if you rush MBT researchc upgrades your components will deplete pretty fast and you won't have as many as someone going for tank destroyers or AFV. Production time is also an advantage for AFV and TD

4. you can definitely learn from youtubers. I started by watching Meliodas gaming channel. He's a pretty good player but videos are only 10 minutes so you're not gonna learn everything. Foundational stuff or specific things highlighted in the video, yes but rest is up to experience.

5. obscure game mechanics...this will probably get patched soon after but I'll tel it anyways. Hospital icon shows in cities when built at 10-11%. At that point you can go ahead and cance construction to refund someone of your resources but the hospital will heal as if it was fully built. If you want lvl 2 healing then you gotta finish the lvl 1 and do the same for lvl 2 hospital and cance at 10-11%. If you inspect the city it will show you that the healing affect for the new lvl is active or not. Same thing is true for military logistics. Doesn't work for bunkers I've tried

8. Go under the radar. Play countries like Australia or Indonesia. Take a couple of countries in that area, best if they're island nations. Build a couple of lvl 4 naval bases early on, even if you don't have the research or resources to actually built a navy. People's imagination will usually assume the worst case scenario for them It's a bluff that I've used many times and it keeps me safe. Don't rush high lvl research, for example lvl 3 infantry costs the same to produce as lvl 1 infantry so you can upgrade to lvl 3 but once you upgrade to lvl 4, production cost jumps and while the 1 lvl difference won't make much of an impact, each infantry will now cost you more to produce or if killed. Once you have a healthy economy and a good army then upgrade them. Upgrades should be prioritized by which unit, upgraded, will give you the most benefit. If you have 2 MBT and 20 infantry, it should be obvious that upgrading your infantry will have a much bigger impact than upgrading MBT. Diplomacy is also key. If you play as Indonesia m, solo, just don't get in a fight with a coalition member. Let them fight neighbouring coalition. That's for strategy, as for stack and units, MRL!

For an invasion first stack should be armoured units, MBT is best for this. This stack is just to absorb damage from other land units. 6-7 MBT+1 MRL+ 2-3 SAMs. Followed by 2 or more other stacks, consisting of 6 MRL+1 radar+ 3 SAMs each closely following the tank stack. The more of these stacks you have the better, extra MRL and SAM joining as the fight goes on is a good idea. Air support should be ASF.
      the first stack has 1 MRL so that you don't engage in direct combat and go ahead of your MRL because the single MRL will stop and attack radar contacts and stay close to your other MRL stacks. Bring infantry after them not ahead or with them. This will eliminate chances of BM and ICBM hitting you. BM and ICBM can't be used on friendly territory so they will only be able to use cruise missiles which your SAMs should block out.

That basically leaves few weaknesses to your small force.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Admira G1: 4 and 5 8 ().

• I don't personally have that much experience with air assault so I am not going to answer that portion of your question. Basically (in regards to armored units) if you research an armored unit it should be the TD, except potentially in the early game using CRV for damage distribution.
      As far as I know
      <span style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);">, there isn't really a good way to deal with an early naval bombardment. That's why as a coastal country, you need to prioritize getting navy.
      <span style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);">When I get MRLs, I aim to get them sooner rather than later, but it tends to vary from game to game based off my situation and what has happened so far in the game. For example, as an island nation (Phillipines or NZ) they are not as big if a priority.
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D
    • Bigtallnerd419 wrote:

I don't personally have that much experience with air assault so I am not going to answer that portion of your question. Basically (in regards to armored units) if you research an armored unit it should be the TD, except potentially in the early game using CRV for damage distribution.
      As far as I know<span style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);">, there isn't really a good way to deal with an early naval bombardment. That's why as a coastal country, you need to prioritize getting navy.
      <span style="background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);">When I get MRLs, I aim to get them sooner rather than later, but it tends to vary from game to game based off my situation and what has happened so far in the game. For example, as an island nation (Phillipines or NZ) they are not as big if a priority.
      No offense, but that was a bit vague. Thanks regardless tho ^^

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Actually I got a few more q's:
      • So basically I've heard three opinions of use of armour in general:
        • TDs are best armoured unit, should use because (insert obscure, vague, hard-to-understand reason here)
        • All armour sucks because planes and artillery make is kaboom
        • MBTS for the win baby!!1!!!1!
        So I'm kinda confused which opinion is right here (besides the last of course :rolleyes: ) @Bigtallnerd419 your point on the insurgents I have heard about, but really then the only reason I see to use TDs is to repress insurgencies? Like seriously I'm not wasting 16 hours of research and 1,750 RMs to get a unit to reduce the chance sof the very tough-to-beat insurgents of spawning. Europe is really the only viable place to use TDs in the first place, with both doctrine and terrain suited.Also @Teburu is air assault good in the first place? I'm unexperienced in that realm of warfare (seriosuly, no one should be using a unit that has 0.10 speed in all terrain), so I would like to clear some doubts. So I know that troops with air assault (Air. Inf, SFS, CRV, T. Art, TD, SAMS, and MAAV) when given the order, board a heli (if at a airfield I assume) and attack selected territory (if within range of airfield/base, let's say its 200 since I don't actually know what it is). Sure that's nice and all, but there's an hour limit once troops drop onto the territory right? And other q's bout air assault...1. Can I fly troops between airfields/bases around with the heli if within range? 2. Is it necessary for an airfield in the first place? (I vaguely remember in a game like 2 years ago you didn't need air fields you auto board a heli and move to next location if within range of airfield's yellow/orange (don't remember colour) circle?3. Is it even worth going for TDs in the first place? Sure they can board helis (yay very cool awesome) but anyone with ASF will just destroy it with no consequences ?(

• Early game best way to deal with corvette attacks on coastal homeland cities? (besides, of course, building corvettes yourself, which is sometimes hard considering for example if I join as Pakistan at ingame time 09:00, while India joined at 02:00, they have 7 free hours to develop corvettes to destroy my naval ports, essentially screwing me over with 2 cities out of commission and auto-lost cause attrition warfare)
      • MRLs are so expensive to make (Army Base lvl 4 ;( ), around what day should I start researching and producing them (assuming WW3, 1x, stable ground army, navy and airforce already in place)? Should I stop making elec and supply heavy units like frigates and (insert actually useful heavy-supply unit since I can't think of one :/ )?
      • For officers, just naval officer and fixed wing officer is enough right? N. Officer for ship stacks, and F.W. Officer for EAA?

I have some other questions but I'll search and see if there are other threads about them, wouldnt wanna have the forum vets just answering the same exact question 10x in a row :D
      You can safely disregard anyone who claims "MBTs for the win".
      In general, all armor is bad, that is simply because of the limitations that come with fighting in melee. Air Assault is slightly better because units that attack via Air Assault take a lot less damage since they count as a Heli in their first turn of combat; it's still fighting in melee tho if so no really that great.
      I guess you can use Tank Destroyersto supress insurgencies because the strength of the units stationed in a city reduces the chance of insurgency. TD have pretty high strength value cominanti-armorir anti armor dmg and now add the +50% for being in a city to that; IMO not worth it for that purpose because 2 NG also can keep a city safe but are also able to capture land.

There isn't really an "hour limit" on air assault, however, they do take an hour to disembark which is only really important for Airborne Inf because they don't capture any territory until then. You can immediately get into the air again when landed and don't need to wait until disembarking; you just don't get to conquer the province/city then.

1. Yes, tho between airbases you might as well let them move via normal air transport?
      2. Yes, without an airfield no air assault. You only need to be inside the range of that airfield and not right on top of it.

IMO not worth to get TD even if a strategy built around air assault units is semi-viable. I simply dislike being stuck in combat until finished.

- Easy way to deal with corvettes early on is aircraft, for example, ASF trade about 1:1 with corvettes but heal faster and you can get them fairly early
      - Keep in mind: You don't need MRL unless you plan on fighting Arty vs Arty; Mobile Artillery and to some extent even Towed Arty is completely fine. You don't necessarily need MRL to beat melee into the ground. IDK any hard number when I get MRLs usually, but I'd guess around 14-15 or something? Even if I do MRLs, early expansion is done via aircraft, e.g.: Gunships. Because they are so resource-intensive and artillery, in general, is fairly slow in terms of expanding its more of a thing later on to beat bigger stacks.
      - Honestly, I've really not being doing much in terms of officers recently; Naval Officer is fairly essential if you do navy simply because of the early range advantage. In general for Officers I'd rate them like that Navy/Sub > Fixed/Rotary > Tank/Infantry
      EAA frankly doesnt need an Officer, they have 8% dmg boost at lvl 3, which gives a 5stack a total boost of 40%, bringing them to 100 dmg. Adding an Officer to that is just unnecessary
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

- Keep in mind: You don't need MRL unless you plan on fighting Arty vs Arty; Mobile Artillery and to some extent even Towed Arty is completely fine. You don't necessarily need MRL to beat melee into the ground. IDK any hard number when I get MRLs usually, but I'd guess around 14-15 or something? Even if I do MRLs, early expansion is done via aircraft, e.g.: Gunships. Because they are so resource-intensive and artillery, in general, is fairly slow in terms of expanding its more of a thing later on to beat bigger stacks.
      So when fighting annoying AI countries across ocean, I should focus more on air and sea power instead of ground power (i.e. Australia vs. AI Thailand, Vietnam, and Philllipines), and in the rare case of ranged ground units being necessary, if enemy doesn't have artillery, go for T. and M. Artillery? Got it, thanks mate :thumbup:

• I use TDs because there are plenty of other people who build tanks and armoured vehicles. Wait for the enemy stacks in terrain that's favourable to you (and unfavorable to them) - suburbs are best because your TDs get the same buffs as they do in cities, plus you can build fortifications cheaply and quickly there and the fighting won't cause damage to your city. Use some form of artillery to support the battle - the more the better. Like this, your TDs will eat enemy armour for breakfast.

I find the air assault function most useful for quick-reaction defence, rather than for attacking. You don't need to build as many TDs to guard a large area if you have air assault: you can just keep a few of them in a group and move them around quickly by helicopter to where they're needed.
    • Teburu wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Like this, your TDs will eat enemy armour for breakfast.
      Wait until you hear about Aircraft :D
      Sure. But that's another thing.

I've only started one game since EAAs were introduced, so I'm still figuring out how they play into it: on the face of it, it looks like you just build as many of them as you can, plus some ASFs, and then you don't really need anything else at all for land warfare! (Maybe some SAMs in case your opponent is doing the same thing?)