Everyone says Heavy Bombers are mid but you're forgetting one crucial detail that might change your mind

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

playbabe wrote:

Yes and No.

Heavy bomber is already known as very good CM platfrom, and flying missile sub for Elite bomber.
      Tho you need to remember that if enemy have AA to counter your BB... they already have counter to your CM.

But indeed CM still is a good power up (but expensive) of Bomber. it can help to boost damage due to lacking of armor damage of BB
      and also more damage per bombing run.
      If you upgrade your missiles they don't have counter anymore right? I mean sams can do 3 dmg to missiles at the begining if I'm not mistaken. But yeah upgrading your missiles is crucial if your enemies have AA that can also counter HB
      AA tends to also get an increase in Missile dmg with upgrades.So no, upgrading Missiles doesn’t remove counters
      yeah but AA maxed out can only do 5.5 dmg while maxed out missiles have 15 hp so it's still better
      You need only 3 to completely no-sell any CMs tho…
      here's the thing: in general almost all of my posts are in a public match context so... i mean it's already a rarity seeing SAM Launchers now imagine maxxed out SAM Launchers. The other thing tho: almost all players only have maxxed out sams at like day 35 or something since they don't know how to manage their RM and by that point the match is probably over. All of this is a bit of strech and lots of especualition but in general it's almost like that
    • shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

playbabe wrote:

Yes and No.

Heavy bomber is already known as very good CM platfrom, and flying missile sub for Elite bomber.
      Tho you need to remember that if enemy have AA to counter your BB... they already have counter to your CM.

But indeed CM still is a good power up (but expensive) of Bomber. it can help to boost damage due to lacking of armor damage of BB
      If you upgrade your missiles they don't have counter anymore right? I mean sams can do 3 dmg to missiles at the begining if I'm not mistaken. But yeah upgrading your missiles is crucial if your enemies have AA that can also counter HB
      AA tends to also get an increase in Missile dmg with upgrades.So no, upgrading Missiles doesn’t remove counters
      yeah but AA maxed out can only do 5.5 dmg while maxed out missiles have 15 hp so it's still better
      here's the thing: in general almost all of my posts are in a public match context so... i mean it's already a rarity seeing SAM Launchers now imagine maxxed out SAM Launchers. The other thing tho: almost all players only have maxxed out sams at like day 35 or something since they don't know how to manage their RM and by that point the match is probably over. All of this is a bit of strech and lots of especualition but in general it's almost like that
      Here is the thing: within the context of public matches missiles are an utter waste to begin with because strikefighters are all you need.
      And no, you dont even need maxed sams to counter cms; you just need enough to have more than 15 missile def; max level certainly helps but even lower level ones do fine.

But thats not the point. Point is that Missiles are a lot of invested resources (and you need to constantly re-build them!) for a unit that is fairly easily hard-countered.
      The one thing missiles have going for them is high burst damage and beint relative cheap AA bait.

Personally I don’t do missiles because:
      - all the infrastucture/ research required
      - they are consumables
      - I have other units that do the same job
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

playbabe wrote:

Yes and No.

Here is the thing: within the context of public matches missiles are an utter waste to begin with because strikefighters are all you need.And no, you dont even need maxed sams to counter cms; you just need enough to have more than 15 missile def; max level certainly helps but even lower level ones do fine.

But thats not the point. Point is that Missiles are a lot of invested resources (and you need to constantly re-build them!) for a unit that is fairly easily hard-countered.
      The one thing missiles have going for them is high burst damage and beint relative cheap AA bait.

- they are consumables
      it's the fastest way to kill large units. With using only SF it will happen two things: it will take a long ass time and you're still gonna loose lots of planes. If the enemy is using sams i wouldn't even aproach them with SFs i was just gonna use some Attack helis
    • shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

playbabe wrote:

Yes and No.

Here is the thing: within the context of public matches missiles are an utter waste to begin with because strikefighters are all you need.And no, you dont even need maxed sams to counter cms; you just need enough to have more than 15 missile def; max level certainly helps but even lower level ones do fine.

- they are consumables
      it's the fastest way to kill large units. With using only SF it will happen two things: it will take a long ass time and you're still gonna loose lots of planes. If the enemy is using sams i wouldn't even aproach them with SFs i was just gonna use some Attack helis
      Ummm, no, you don’t have to lose SF to kill large stacks. And if you’re going to use attack helicopters if the enemy has Sams, why not just get Attack Helicopters? Large ground stacks are generally very easy to wipe out, so I’d rather put my resources in something else
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

playbabe wrote:

Yes and No.

Here is the thing: within the context of public matches missiles are an utter waste to begin with because strikefighters are all you need.And no, you dont even need maxed sams to counter cms; you just need enough to have more than 15 missile def; max level certainly helps but even lower level ones do fine.But thats not the point. Point is that Missiles are a lot of invested resources (and you need to constantly re-build them!) for a unit that is fairly easily hard-countered.

- they are consumables
      Ummm, no, you don’t have to lose SF to kill large stacks. And if you’re going to use attack helicopters if the enemy has Sams, why not just get Attack Helicopters? Large ground stacks are generally very easy to wipe out, so I’d rather put my resources in something else
      yes i do lose. most stacks have a defensive bonuses and unless you're doing the whole "take 1 sf from the stack send him to hospital to heal" everytime you attack a stack well you're gonna lose some. It's inevetable.
    • shrek6satan wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

playbabe wrote:

Yes and No.

Here is the thing: within the context of public matches missiles are an utter waste to begin with because strikefighters are all you need.And no, you dont even need maxed sams to counter cms; you just need enough to have more than 15 missile def; max level certainly helps but even lower level ones do fine.But thats not the point. Point is that Missiles are a lot of invested resources (and you need to constantly re-build them!) for a unit that is fairly easily hard-countered.The one thing missiles have going for them is high burst damage and beint relative cheap AA bait.

- they are consumables
      yes i do lose. most stacks have a defensive bonuses and unless you're doing the whole "take 1 sf from the stack send him to hospital to heal" everytime you attack a stack well you're gonna lose some. It's inevetable.
      Thats why you mix normal and naval version, to mitigate the dmg taken
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Bigtallnerd419 wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

wait what?
      If you mix units in the stack, the damage will be evenly distributed between them, causing you to lose less units.
      The Damage does get shared among them, but it's not always shared evenly. Some unit types will soak up more damage than other unit types.

Imagine you have one of unit-type-A and one of unit-type-B in each of several two-unit stacks that all suffer 5 HP of damage in combat.

The A-units might generally receive 3 HP of the damage, and the B-units might generally receive 2 HP of the damage.

This effect doesn't occur because of the randomness that gets added into combat results. Instead, it occurs because the A units have a hidden characteristic (not shown to us) that says the A-type units are supposed to soak up more damage than B-type units.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Bigtallnerd419 wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Teburu wrote:

wait what?
      If you mix units in the stack, the damage will be evenly distributed between them, causing you to lose less units.
      The Damage does get shared among them, but it's not always shared evenly. Some unit types will soak up more damage than other unit types.
      Imagine you have one of unit-type-A and one of unit-type-B in each of several two-unit stacks that all suffer 5 HP of damage in combat.

The A-units might generally receive 3 HP of the damage, and the B-units might generally receive 2 HP of the damage.

This effect doesn't occur because of the randomness that gets added into combat results. Instead, it occurs because the A units have a hidden characteristic (not shown to us) that says the A-type units are supposed to soak up more damage than B-type units.
      how can i know which unit suffers more damage? I actually made a thread about this but no one bothered it