Developer Diary 21: INTERFACE FUSION Q4

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kurtvonstein wrote:

@Yak Yes easy thing. MAke an other color for a sonar and helicopter contact...what takes the devs so long?
      Kurt, we PC players can hover over it and figure it out :D

mobile players have to suffer and "guess" whether to send ASW or their "naval awac" at that blue contact

they always decide naval awac. why? "air port level 4 so must be good"
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Could you still answer the quesitons on this thread (if there are any)? Since I think it wasn't clear to all the forum members that the other thread was for the questions.
      Yes, questions in either thread will be answered

Zozo001 wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

... mobile players have to suffer...
      That's the case across the board, alas.
      CoN is native to desktop, and PC play. In no way was it designed for the Mobile audience. The port to mobile is just that, adapting a Desktop game to be accessible, and playable as best as possible to the mobile platform. Trying to shoehorn a game, designed and developed for desktop to mobile is not straightforward and some accessibility criteria need to be cut in the process.

We already have a solid foundation on Desktop, with tried and true UX and UI criteria which blend well with the game design and flow. The idea is to marry the best of both worlds. The woes you mention, are the very ones I aim to make clear to the team so that we can make sure they are ironed out and addressed as soon as possible, if not on Beta launch.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Yak wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

... mobile players have to suffer...
      That's the case across the board, alas.
      ... The port to mobile is just that, adapting a Desktop game to be accessible, and playable as best as possible to the mobile platform. Trying to shoehorn a game, designed and developed for desktop to mobile is not straightforward and some accessibility criteria need to be cut in the process.
      I am glad you say that. I just wish it was clear from the announcement that, as you say, the mobile version would be improved toward that of the desktop experience.
      But "fusion" does not suggest this (nor does your expression "best of two worlds"). I do not know how fully the developers appreciate what a god awful worse way it is to play the game on mobile, versus the desktop.

Dumbing down the desktop to the level of mobile would be terrible, and what I've heard so far does not sound encouraging.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Zozo001 wrote:

I am glad you say that. I just wish it was clear from the announcement that, as you say, the mobile version would be improved toward that of the desktop experience.
      I tried to be very clear in the following snippet:

Yak wrote:

... We are working very closely with the community to address any issues for the Beta launch, to ensure that the new transition is seamless and pleases our core playerbase, which is found on Desktop(Web).
      I want to make it absolutely clear, we are not simply porting Mobile to Desktop(Web). Unit control, interface popups, dialogue options etc. will all be revised from the ground up to cater to the platform and player needs.
      Yes all will be answered

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Could you still answer the quesitons on this thread (if there are any)? Since I think it wasn't clear to all the forum members that the other thread was for the questions.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• playbabe wrote:

Here is public document about issue with current mobile to help guide the transition.
      I've said this outside of the forum, but thank you for the documents!

575-Kranzegrad wrote:

So... if i am right it, that entire desktop model have become to iphone model (only; creating new account)? if it's true?
      It depends what you mean by that. Technically, no. We will be updating the graphics (Sea, provinces, user interface art style) to look much closer to mobile. But, we will be doing more work to make sure that user interface and experience is adapted and reworked to keep desktop in mind.

KFGauss wrote:

There are differences in the information available in the mobile and the Desktop GUIs.In general, in situations like the two that I listed here, will the planned Combined GUI preserve the best of both current interfaces
      That is the best case scenario, yes. Truthfully though, on launch there won't be all the features/implementations done yet. It will be a tiered approach, of course, keeping in mind community/player feedback. As I said in my original post. Players, have the option to opt out of the new client for months (if not year) after Beta launch, so you will be in a position to voice your feedback while being relatively unaffected using the 'classic' client.

KFGauss wrote:

Desktop GUI will be phased out in order to add some fog-of-war or because they can't reasonably be implemented in the pixels/controls available on a mobile touchscreen?
      I didn't quite understand. If you mean we would ever remove a desktop feature to match it to mobile, no that shouldn't be the case.

KFGauss wrote:

Do you have (and can you publish) a comprehensive list of Mobile ve Desktop differences for us?
      At this stage, no. Though for sake of player communication I'd like to set something like that up. Once we have a clear indication of the roadmap I will see that we use visuals and graphic images to inform players on what features will make it and which aren't.

arcticfire wrote:

I REALLY hope you take the best features (give me a minute I'll try and think of any for the mobile other than being ... mobile?) and make a superior client.
      That indeed is the aim here, we don't want the core playerbase to feel left out. Besides, our mindset is this: If you are driving an F1 car, we won't give you back roads in middle Italy to drive through. So you obviously need a mobile city car. On the other hand, we won't give you a city car to drive on a Monza track.

A rough analogy I know, but my point is that we are adapting the user interface with the tools players have at their disposal, which is and always be (for desktop) mouse and keyboard.

PaskalSF wrote:

im still confused, do we have to restart our accounts at level 1? will PC version be like mobile? will we have new models???
      No, accounts remain untouched. PC won't exactly be like mobile no, but it will have similarities. New models aren't planned at this stage.

diZmo wrote:

It doesn't change the game mechanics at all so ...

Does it?
      It won't don't worry. As mentioned in my above posts, our goal is to transition the desktop players in as seamless a manner, as possible.

Colonel Waffles wrote:

Has there even been any acknowledgement of the broken radiuses on Mobile? Do the devs even know it’s an issue? Will the issue carry over to the PC client?
      Yes it's know, hopefully we'll fix it by the time

kurtvonstein wrote:

you cant even distinguish a blue or green radar dot on mobile to see if it sonar or naval or helicopter or airplane on mobile.
      Indeed, it's a matter of adding in these features. It's important for community involvement to mention and discuss these things so that they don't slip, and are assumed to be wanted. So it's good that you mention these issues you have with the mobile client. Reason this hasn't been added to mobile yet is, frankly, we have important things to prioritize. As mentioned in another thread - we are juggling expansion of the game and making sure that operations go well (fixing bugs, infrastructure, etc), so things like this are hard to be seen as an opportune time to fix especially since we don't see too many people mentioning it. This said, once we release the client upgrade, then it will be much more sensible, and, straightforward.

Zozo001 wrote:

Which is why I dread how this "fusion" is going to work out.
      This client is for desktop, not mobile, so there is no cause for concern. The post dev log is telling desktop players now, months before Beta of the client, is for the very reason to open discussion and address concerns of desktop players.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Yak wrote:

It depends what you mean by that. Technically, no. We will be updating the graphics (Sea, provinces, user interface art style) to look much closer to mobile. But, we will be doing more work to make sure that user interface and experience is adapted and reworked to keep desktop in mind.
      BOOOOOO Mobile graphics suck. They look stupidly cartoony. Whoever is responsible for them should be fired.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Yak wrote:

575-Kranzegrad wrote:

So... if i am right it, that entire desktop model have become to iphone model (only; creating new account)? if it's true?

PaskalSF wrote:

im still confused, do we have to restart our accounts at level 1? will PC version be like mobile? will we have new models???
      No, accounts remain untouched. PC won't exactly be like mobile no, but it will have similarities. New models aren't planned at this stage.
      Ohh... I see, now i understand. Thanks for answering @Yak.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • please DO NOT make the desktop version anything like youve made the mobile version. IMO the mobile version is junk. i tell every player i interact with to open their phones browser and log into conflictnations.com > further clicking the browser settings and selecting desktop view otherwise the mobile version is default and play the game this way.

all players once doing this play a good 50% better than they previously were playingconflictnations.jpg
    • Constructive feedback goes a long way, rather than just saying something is bad.

As I said, the user experience and interface will be revised for Desktop, and not simply copy/past to desktop from mobile. I cannot address your concerns or gripes if you resort to elementary ways of criticism.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Yak wrote:

Constructive feedback goes a long way, rather than just saying something is bad.

As I said, the user experience and interface will be revised for Desktop, and not simply copy/past to desktop from mobile. I cannot address your concerns or gripes if you resort to elementary ways of criticism.
      They still make a point, even if they don't say it in the most professional of ways...
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • Yak wrote:

Constructive feedback goes a long way, rather than just saying something is bad.

Actually the user took a lot of efford by making this nice pictures and explaining what he expected and what he found.

maybe thats the reason why userxxx quits after 5 sec. They feel tricked by some fancy wallpaper.

You should raise to much expectations with advertisement. Disapointment us a steong emotion.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Yak wrote:

Early on I (as well as others) have had constructive feedback, as you may recall. Response was underwhelming, I must say.

Now this very reply of yours is back to step zero, where a revision of the desktop is promised/threatened, rather than improving the mobile version.
      This sounds very ominous for what the "fused" version will be more like.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player