4 heli damage from one infrantry?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 4 heli damage from one infrantry?

How can 1 mot infrantry do so much heli damage?!?? It’s more like a defence value against normal infrantry and not against helicopters!
      So this is what happened:
      The 2 stack SPF was full health attacking 1 lvl4 mot inf that it had scouted out (so cannot be wrong)
      The upon engagement , mot infrantry took 18 damage, (expected damage) SPF hp went from 30-24.9. Now that is basically almost the defence value of a normal Lvl 4 infrantry defending against any ground soft target

The post was edited 1 time, last by japan samurai ().

• Unlucky RNG I suppose? Since T2 mot inf does only 1.3 heli damage as defense...

To add screenshots, go down where it says "Attachments", click that and upload (the pic shouldn't be too big, otherwise it just displays error). Then insert thumbnail so we can view as well.
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • Could it be that because your SpF landed near the infantry rather than directly on top of it, the initial contact counted as a double attack (2 units both applying attack damage)? If the Italian infantry was moving (it isn't in the centrepoint of the city), that would make it more likely, maybe.

Just a stab in the dark.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WalterChang ().

• It is special forces that is why. Special forces are a totally different unit that mot. inf. Spec. Forces deal more damage to helis that the regular unit because they are special.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• WalterChang wrote:

Could it be that because your SpF landed near the infantry rather than directly on top of it, the initial contact counted as a double attack (2 units both applying attack damage)? If the Italian infantry was moving (it isn't in the centrepoint of the city), that would make it more likely, maybe.

Just a stab in the dark.
      The Italian unit was moving, and I was trying to hit it but failed miserably, overshot the second time and this happens… but shouldnt it engage as a helicopter first… or is it because of that that they fight as ground units.
      Also how do you land ur SPF directly almost on top.. that’s impossible if the thing is moving.
    • japan samurai wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Could it be that because your SpF landed near the infantry rather than directly on top of it, the initial contact counted as a double attack (2 units both applying attack damage)? If the Italian infantry was moving (it isn't in the centrepoint of the city), that would make it more likely, maybe.

Just a stab in the dark.
      The Italian unit was moving, and I was trying to hit it but failed miserably, overshot the second time and this happens… but shouldnt it engage as a helicopter first… or is it because of that that they fight as ground units.Also how do you land ur SPF directly almost on top.. that’s impossible if the thing is moving.
      If two units come into contact when both are moving, it counts as both attacking and both defending at once.

What I'm guessing happened is that your SpF did the Heli attack, dealt out its full damage (17) and suffered the Infantry defence in return (1.3 + 25% because the Inf is in a city = 1.6). Then the Infantry attack damage would have been applied which would be another 5 points (minus the % reduction from being already damaged by the first stage?), while your SpF apply their defensive combat values. That would explain why you received damage of 5.1HP. But in that case you would probably expect to have inflicted more than 18HP of damage to them (17 attack + 11.4 defence)...
      I don't know, perhaps you didn't get to use your defensive values because your unit was still in air-assault deployment cooldown?
    • WalterChang wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Just a stab in the dark.
      The Italian unit was moving, and I was trying to hit it but failed miserably, overshot the second time and this happens… but shouldnt it engage as a helicopter first… or is it because of that that they fight as ground units.Also how do you land ur SPF directly almost on top.. that’s impossible if the thing is moving.
      If two units come into contact when both are moving, it counts as both attacking and both defending at once.
      What I'm guessing happened is that your SpF did the Heli attack, dealt out its full damage (17) and suffered the Infantry defence in return (1.3 + 25% because the Inf is in a city = 1.6). Then the Infantry attack damage would have been applied which would be another 5 points (minus the % reduction from being already damaged by the first stage?), while your SpF apply their defensive combat values. That would explain why you received damage of 5.1HP. But in that case you would probably expect to have inflicted more than 18HP of damage to them (17 attack + 11.4 defence)...
      I don't know, perhaps you didn't get to use your defensive values because your unit was still in air-assault deployment cooldown?
      Infrantry was moving out of city, no longer had bonus defence damage
      Defence damage can take place anytime, but like attack value has 1hr cool down @Teburu.
    • japan samurai wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Just a stab in the dark.
      If two units come into contact when both are moving, it counts as both attacking and both defending at once.What I'm guessing happened is that your SpF did the Heli attack, dealt out its full damage (17) and suffered the Infantry defence in return (1.3 + 25% because the Inf is in a city = 1.6). Then the Infantry attack damage would have been applied which would be another 5 points (minus the % reduction from being already damaged by the first stage?), while your SpF apply their defensive combat values. That would explain why you received damage of 5.1HP. But in that case you would probably expect to have inflicted more than 18HP of damage to them (17 attack + 11.4 defence)...
      Infrantry was moving out of city, no longer had bonus defence damageDefence damage can take place anytime, but like attack value has 1hr cool down @Teburu.
      No, defense happens every single time a unit is attacked
      I am The Baseline for opinions